What Good Thing Happened Today?

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I found new music. Always brightens my day. If I could just be a bum and listen to music all day, that'd be amazing but I can't. Big sad.
This is the song in case anyone actually is interested:

:blob_melt:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My husband decided not to quit his job . . . at least not this week.

Alienix

Today I've found my new favorite music. I might as well drop the link to it

It is ironically a slavery song when Indonesia was slaved by Japan. However, the lyrics are so good. It makes me spirited up

K5Rakitan

I tested positive for human chorionic gonadotropin! We're having a coronial!

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
I just took the hints as is along with my assumptions, but Moctemma's comment made me curious so I selected a couple of scientific-looking words and made Alphabet Inc's baby do the trawling. TIL, TIF, ???, Prfft! (1. things I learn; 2. things I forget; 3. ????; 4. profit + pfft!)

K5Rakitan's :ROFLMAO: to my overlooked sarcastic analogy in a certain fool's errand's thread made my day! >,<

I checked the previous similar thread and Arexio had actually given a :ROFLMAO: to my post a day after I had spoilered it out of disgust for that noob's apparent selective blindness. Too bad, it has been a week or two since I had begun practicing some form of masochism by turning off reaction alerts like AliceShiki. I should turn them back on at some point if only to follow the next paragraph's insight.

The thing with the ignore function is that even when ignoring and avoiding crap, one will still see the footprints of those that had interacted with and stepped on it. In the end, one loses out by only witnessing an incomplete version of what most others probably see.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
I realized I already have a character perfect for the romantic role in my novel. She's everything I need and even better than anything I could come up with. I won't need to create a new character similar to her to fulfill the role. :sweat_smile:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
For a very long time, I thought Tweety was female.

"That's a very long time!" -village chief (A Will Eternal)

I never once doubted that Sylvester was a cat.

Speaking of cats, the cats that visit my bed have different levels of selfishness. Our one-eyed white cat loves plunking herself right in the middle, making it awkward for me to sleep since my bed isn't that wide. She also has the habit of grooming one of the other cats whenever that one happens to be near. Even the half-hearted growling protests doesn't phase her.

( insert elevator music as transitional device )

Despite mother's previous reprimand, I think my father still sneakily mixed in some flour in today's omelet. Not as much as before so the texture is no longer like failed pancakes.

In conclusion, I don't know why I'm currently happy.

Alienix

For a very long time, I thought Tweety was female.

"That's a very long time!" -village chief (A Will Eternal)

I never once doubted that Sylvester was a cat.

Speaking of cats, the cats that visit my bed have different levels of selfishness. Our one-eyed white cat loves plunking herself right in the middle, making it awkward for me to sleep since my bed isn't that wide. She also has the habit of grooming one of the other cats whenever that one happens to be near. Even the half-hearted growling protests doesn't phase her.

( insert elevator music as transitional device )

Despite mother's previous reprimand, I think my father still sneakily mixed in some flour in today's omelet. Not as much as before so the texture is no longer like failed pancakes.

In conclusion, I don't know why I'm currently happy.

I didn't remember that quote from A Will Eternal.

I personally like to add a little flour to my omelet and mixed with a little bit of spring onion, chili, and tofu. Yummy.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
the tofu should be minced first btw
There's a technique of rinsing the tofu in salted water before cooking.

Quoted from memory before so it wasn't verbatim.

"Don’t tell me you’re not interested in living forever? All you have to do is become an immortal, and then you can live forever! That’s a really, really long time! Well, it’s time for you to leave now. Even a baby eagle must learn to fly eventually. No matter what situations you run into out there, you have to hang in there and keep moving forward. Once you leave the village, you can't come back, because your path will always lie ahead, not behind!" -white-haired old man (A Will Eternal c1)

It became memorable for me because I found it funny how he emphasized that forever is a very long time.

K5Rakitan

:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

That's good for your health if you were used to drinking too much! Keep it up! \(^^)/

... I never drink coffee myself, so I can't really relate though... >.>
Thanky! Well, I wasn't drinking a lot, but I want a healthy baby, so . . . Wait, I just remembered that coffee is full of wonderful antioxidants, and Husband accidentally bought decaf when we first moved! SCORE!!!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Thanky! Well, I wasn't drinking a lot, but I want a healthy baby, so . . . Wait, I just remembered that coffee is full of wonderful antioxidants, and Husband accidentally bought decaf when we first moved! SCORE!!!
Oooooooh, you're pregnant!? Big gz!!! *glomps*

I hope you enjoy being a mother and take good care of your child!!!

K5Rakitan

In my crusade to boycott companies that charge an arm and a leg for prenatal vitamins, I found a men's multivitamin with the correct amount of folic acid. I reviewed a list of other nutrients I needed, and the men's multivitamin has everything I need except iron and iodine, so I'm ordering those separately and will cut the iron & iodine pills down to the correct dosage. It's still going to be less than half the price per pill that a fancy pants prenatal vitamin would cost. Ladies, don't pay the pink tax if you can avoid it <3