What languages can you speak?

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
English - First Language

French - I can read most things but cannot speak it to save my life

Spanish - I can read simple things, but it’s been too long for me to remember much. I could crush some flashcards tho

Polish - actively working to learn. I know simple conversational sentences and a smattering of odd words. I can actually pronounce this decently, but listening can be hard unless the other party speaks slowly.

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
I can speak and understand the following:

1. Filipino
2. English
3. Spanish (Chavacano)
4. Cebuano
5. Japanese
6. Latin (Pursuing)
7. Arabic (Pursuing)
8. Deustch (Planning to migrate for Switzerland)

Polish - actively working to learn. I know simple conversational sentences and a smattering of odd words. I can actually pronounce this decently, but listening can be hard unless the other party speaks slowly.
Jenbynyijruhbenrkbybrkby jehywbnqieubnqmbfune jwhdybrnr

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
1. Vietnamese (native tongue)
2. English (The Texan variant)
3. Spanish (Learned in school, just enough to not let me starve and die in a ditch somewhere)
4. French (barely anything, I can recognize a few words here and there because of colonialism, but fucks me sideway if I can survive for more than a few hours with just French...)

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I was talking online with someone and they said they could speak seven languages. :eek: I thought that was rather fascinating, and possibly confusing in the head sometimes. So I thought I'd ask how many languages people on Scribbly can speak.

I can speak/write fluently in two languages: English and Spanish.

I'm hoping to learn a third via osmosis method of just hearing it in everyday life.... Maori.
English and Spanish. My Italian is okay and I'm hoping to be fluent in Persian in a couple years.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
English, a fair amount of Mandarin, some basic Spanish, and basic French.

I can also read some Latin and a fair amount of Beowulf era old English.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
English (mother tongue), smattering of tourist French and absolutely no German even though both parents are fluent in it. Learning Greek finally, as I am half Greek so I feel I ought. Picking up bits of Swedish as son learning and insists on talking to me in it.
I can also start a bar fight in Gaelic.
I'm tempted by Cornish and Cymraeg, but no time at the moment. Maybe when I'm retired.

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
Q: What do you call someone who speaks three languages?

A: Tri-Lingual.

Q: What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

A: Bi-Lingual.

Q: What do you call someone who speaks one language?

A: American.

Major2501

English, Bad English and enough German to keep me in beer and cake and to not seem completely ignorant.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
English- Natively
French/Spanish- enough to get food/drunk/lucky/slapped
Korean- just began
Gaelic- just began
Phoenician- can somewhat read it
Sarcasm- Fluent

BlackKnightX

I can speak tiny bits of many languages: Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French, etc. But I am in no way fluent in any of these. Kind of just picked them up through many interactions.

I'm only fluent in two languages: English and my mother tongue which I shall not name. I'm thinking about becoming fluent in Japanese next, but that will have to wait for now.