Why do so many Mcs have weird relationships with their little sisters?

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
I am genuinely curious as to why this happens so much in anime, manga, and novels. Like why do some many Mcs get shy and start blushing with their (usually) little sister? Is the author trying to say something about themselves cause I don’t understand. And then some stories will be “their not blood related so its cool” like they didn’t grow up as siblings. I just don’t understand why so many authors do it, so can someone unlike me?

War_and_Poetry

I prefer older sisters, to be honest, so I don't know why it's always the little sister either. I'd prefer a sister that is.....1-3 years older. So yeah, not much older, but still older.

ForestDweller

I prefer older sisters, to be honest, so I don't know why it's always the little sister either. I'd prefer a sister that is.....1-3 years older. So yeah, not much older, but still older.

My older sister character is five years older. :s_tongue:

BigHoodieBoy

Easy fan service.
They’re siblings so they can be seen at home together a lot, can have childhood memories about baths togethers, so the sister can join MC#0675 in the bath. Rinse and repeat that formula for other sexy situations and you got your reasons. Also, if it’s a harem, that’s +1 to the harem easy, even if sis will never win. Basically, it’s a lazy move.

War_and_Poetry

Easy fan service.
They’re siblings so they can be seen at home together a lot, can have childhood memories about baths togethers, so the sister can join MC#0675 in the bath. Rinse and repeat that formula for other sexy situations and you got your reasons. Also, if it’s a harem, that’s +1 to the harem easy, even if sis will never win. Basically, it’s a lazy move.
Big sis love is quite powerful though. I deny thee, disbeliever.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
WarCorgi Man of Culture.jpg

Probably because with little sisters, authors can fulfill their closet lolicon fetish with the just the barest smidgeon of deniability (which doesnt work anyway because they end up being so obvious about it)

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
They have a whole different culture than we do in the west, they don't see incest as taboo as we do. Besides, they believe strongly in destiny-related stuff, what better than a childhood friend? Someone who was born in the same household of course! Making them not blood-related is just a way to make it more acceptable to western audiences, the Japanese don't really care if they are related, they frown upon MORE if they are not married.

Horizon42

If we write them enough, we can bring sweet little sisters into reality.

It's like bargaining. You aim way to high and you get what you actually want.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I wish I had a little sister to love. :cry:

Silver_Sky

Wish fulfillment of something that would never happen, also giving an easy character.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
It is just fetishes and wish fulfilment.