Why do you keep writting?

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
I'm a dreamer, writing is the easiest method out of many to bring such visions into a visible format.

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
Ah yeah, this question was for you all, an author whose time is wasted in making a story'.

Wasted means, No Pay, No Support, No attention, No feed back but still feel obligated to continue the story'.
Because you enjoy writing. For me it's a way to get away from the world. Also knowing that eventually you'll find someone who enjoys your work and even if you don't, you still will. It's just a place to be free.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
It's either this or hard cocaine.

But I'm middle class, so the best I can afford is graphite, and it's better used as writing material than a nose whitener.

E6D1B6F0-7196-475F-BC25-F0288C0227FF.jpg

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
Ah yeah, this question was for you all, an author whose time is wasted in making a story'.

Wasted means, No Pay, No Support, No attention, No feed back but still feel obligated to continue the story'.
For pure unadulterated self-satisfaction.
I write to defy myself, it's my hobby, why would I ever want to give it up?

bowsummer

It's really helpfull to see a these all answers, reasons to keep writting. Increasing one skill, for fun, releasing one thought, for future, for reader shake, etc.

I keep writting for keeping my English skill, and reading the comment in the threat post is good for increasing my skills.

To be honest, I am usually in cetegory of that super human who completely doesn't care the reader...but, at least not at this current moment I write this post....

The more I write, the more I became attention seeker.
Wanting but almost never being noticed.
I also want to be notice but I still like writing

Waskertyioup

Jokes on you, I'm currently making almost 4 buck a month Wahaha~

But being serious here, it helps me to get distracted from daily BS. Sadly, daily BS is being really strong latelly, so I havent been able to gatter the strenghts to write something decent in a while now...

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Because that story is not going to write itself! I've been daydreaming about this story for my whole life, polishing the details through the years and I honestly believe is a good story. The characters are a part of me and have grown just as I have grown and now I want to share them with the world. I don't care if people don't like it but I will try my utter best to write this story in a meaningful way so others can also appreciate it.

I regret not having started writing sooner, and maybe this whole writing spree is just the result of a mid 30's crisis. But I won't stop until I finish this one book.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Because my wife is dying. Her lungs are slowly turning into scar tissue and she is being strangled to death by her own traitorous body.

I have never been alone. In my entire life i have always lived with someone

My family has a history of living into the triple digits, so I am looking at half a century without her. Alone. With only my thoughts.

I'm just trying to not go insane.

ToushiroYA

I write because I love reading about whatever my mind comes up with. I also enjoy sharing those stories with others, and I always had fun telling stories to my friends and whatever their reactions were I still could be proud of my writing afterwards.
I did get used to getting a reaction from my readers, but my impulse to write comes more from a, "I wanna read this story", mindset. And if others enjoy, and talk about it, then I will be twice as happy.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
I have many reasons for writing, but the primary one is that I've got an extremely creative mind and create many worlds in my mind. I'd like to have them outside my mind and let others enjoy them too. Ideally, I'd like to make money from writing, but without being able to keep to a schedule right now, that isn't even close to an option.

Instead I focus on improving my writing skill, and using my story to make myself feel better by seeing people enjoying it. But even if no one read it at all, I'd keep working on it when I can just so I can get it out of my head and allow people the option of sharing the world I've had in my mind. In the end, I just hope to improve peoples' lives, in whatever small way I can, and hopefully get people to think about things from different perspectives.