Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

hunter3368

hmmm... 500 G?
*look at the money Cizel have*
my character is so poor :sweat_smile:
My character kind of needs that starting money... He's more like a scout right now... Honestly, I don't know if he can handle direct combat right now... :))

hunter3368

There are plenty of quests that don't involve combat!
*shamelessly points at Lord Eugene Rosenthal's painting quests*
\(^o^)/

X
Oh? Thank you for recommending some quests! I'll be sure to check it once I finish my tutorial quests.
*Shamelessly copies & pastes emoji because I don't know how to do the carrot >w<*
\(^o^)/

Siostar

Quest report - unevaluated

Quest report - Okarin

Sleep deprivation. It wasn't exactly good for you.

That said, insomnia wasn't something that a person willingly controlled, and instead Okarin laid awake until the first rays of sunlight peaked above the clouds in Yato Machi. It was an a particularly unpleasant feeling... for night to turn to morning... yet to not have slept for much of it. The futon was soft, but no amount of creature comforts made this luxurious residence any more welcoming than Okarin's shack in Scribel.

The Japanese-style room felt cold and empty.

It was morning.

—Good morning.

Ah, perhaps Okarin should say it aloud. That was the polite way to do it.

"Good morning," Okarin said to the birds outside of their balcony.

They tried to smile.

There was no response.

No real surprises there.

+ + +​

Okarin spent the first hour of the morning folding their futon and putting it away with their one arm.

In theory, they were still supposed to be recuperating, but that two-faced shrine maiden flying snake (seriously, those Eastern dragons? They're just flying snakes!) had politely offered to let Okarin rest a few more days before giving them chores around the shrine. Truthfully, their relationship was still heavily strained, and Okarin hated the miko in almost every way.

In Okarin's opinion, she was the type of person who smiled at you and pretended to be nice... the kind who acted cute and helpless for the sake of being cute... when in reality she was poisonous and predatory as a snake because well... (she's a flying snake!!!). :blob_hmph: :blob_hmph: :blob_hmph:

The slime person strolled to one of the natural springs on the mountain. The White River began on the slopes of the Winter Mountain, and there were many hot springs and mineral springs dotted across the slopes. Okarin walked to a nearby spring hidden behind a bamboo grove, and confirmed that nobody was nearby. They quickly removed their clothes, tucked it in a small corner, and slipped into the spring.

And no, Okarin wasn't taking a vacation.

This was serious hardcore bathing. :blob_hmph: Slime training!

Okarin badly needed to recover mass, and for a slime person that meant drinking a lot of water and eating lots of vegetation. Okarin paddled over to a patch of ivy and bamboo shoots that was growing off of a rock and they... simply... sat directly on top of it.

*glub* *glub* *glub*

*glub* *glub*

The slime person stared awkwardly off to the side.

*glub* *glub* *glub* *glub*

*glub* *glub* *glub*

*glub* *glub*

Yeah... that was pretty much it.

The next step was sit here and stare off into space nonstop for the... next two weeks...?

Just to regrow their arm...?

The training was obvious very... intense...

Well, maybe not.

But welp, that was the life of a slime, right?

Okarin stared at the wall of bamboo.

They twiddled their fingers.

+ + +​

Anyhow, stuff for a quest report.

The water was... mineral-y.

Since yeah, it's a mineral spring.

It had a faint taste of mana. Lots of things in grown Yato Machi have a faint mana-like flavor.

There are these small fishies that swim around in the spring. They're too small for a person to eat, but they're cute little goldfish.

In general, Yato Machi was extremely safe. There weren't any real threats on the mountain or in the city itself.

The other thing about Yato Machi was that there were these little stone dragon statues everywhere... like little figurines.

Gaahhhh, Okarin hated those dragon statues.

It reminded them of the miko who was....

"Stupid flying snakes!" Okarin muttered aloud as they submerged their face and blew bubbles in the spring.

"Who's a stupid flying snake?" A voice chimed in out of nowhere.

"I mean those dra—"

Okarin froze.

They slowly turned their head around.

A short little girl was floating above the water and smiling at Okarin.

"Were you about to say draaa~ gon~ ?" She said cheerfully.

Okarin choked and almost bolted out of the spring.

Although they remembered at the last minute that they were naked.

"Oh, Seiryuu... Not you! Definitely not you!" Okarin mumbled somewhat non-distinctly.

"Sora isn't the only dragon on the Winter Mountain, you know~"

The Azure Dragon still had an amicable attitude.

"I thought you didn't usually come up to Yato Machi?" Okarin said, attempting to deflect the topic.

"Eh? I'm anywhere and everywhere the River is! The springs are part of the river, so of course I'm here~"

Okarin blinked a few times.

"So even the hot springs...?"

"Yup! I see and hear everything! In the women's bath houses and the men's!"

The young slime blushed all of a sudden, although they weren't entirely sure why.

"W-Wait so... so... you really see everything...?"

"Of course! I also don't mind that you're drinking my water either, although it kind of tickles a little."

"So I'm basically eating you...?!"

For some weird reason Okarin was shocked to hear this.

As a life-long vegetarian... the very concept of eating a sentient organism was equivalent to a terrifying revelation.

"It's not a big deal though, y'know?"

The little river dragon puffed out her chest.

"It's my divine duty to give life to Fuyu Machi and the surrounding villages. I protect the city, bless the rain, wash the earth, and bring water to the farms. Without me, there wouldn't be a Fuyu Machi at all! I'm pretty amazing, right? Right? Right?! I'm clearly the best Guardian!"

Apparently, Seiryuu had a bit of an ego.

"I... see..." Okarin was still stunned from shock.

So essentially Seiryuu could feel, see, and hear everything that happened near moving water in this entire region?

That posed a little bit of a problem. It was also a ridiculous ability.

Okarin was a deeply private person... especially when it came to... feeding...

Weirdly, they felt somewhat violated.

Was there really no other way for Okarin to regenerate themselves away from the prying eyes of the river guardian?

"Anyhow I'm curious about when you got here. What in the world happened to that lizardgirl? All of the bones in her body were shattered! It was really quite something. A really ugly sight to behold when you stumbled by the White River. You're an extraordinarily lucky slime!"

Memories flashed through Okarin's mind, and the slime person straightened.

They bowed deeply.

"I never got a chance to thank you for that. You saved us."

The river dragon girl shrugged, and then she grinned.

"I heard you're a little ball of trouble, aren't you? Got an entire building destroyed less than a few hours in?"

"That was an extraordinary situation."

"Hai~ Hai~ Totally believable~"

"What happened to the lizardgirl, by the way. Is she okay?"

"Hmm? You don't know her name? I would have thought you must have been close traveling companions, especially the way you painstakingly dragged her over here in her state. She was pretty much next-to-dead, you know?"

"Ah... I met her along the way. Ran into an oni. Her brother died though. I hope she's doing okay. I want to go see her later."

"Hmm... You're a weird one."

"Excuse me?"

Seiryuu did a little spin and floated in the air upside down, her hair hanging.

"You're pretty talkative right now. But last night you were gloomy. The evening before, you were bouncing off of walls from excitement. And the in afternoon you looked like you were ready to slice poor Sora up into little ribbons (scawy~!). I haven't gotten a good read on your personality~!"

Okarin stared for a bit at the river dragon's eyes.

Then they looked down at their hands.

"My personality, huh?"

"Right now, you're mellow! Mellow like Mello-rin! There's also Dere-karin, Yan-karin, Dan-karin... is there a Tsun-karin?"

"I don't know what those terms mean..."

"Mhm~ But I don't dislike the way that you are right now either~ So don't worry about it!"

Seiryuu seemed to be especially frivolous and light-hearted.

"Okay... Thanks..."

"Anyhow, I have to get going now! I just wanted to say hi to the resident herb slime! Oh, and don't eat all the plants off the riverbank! I like to keep a bunch of them around, so don't eat everything~!"

The dragon gave a quick wave and promptly disappeared into the water before Okarin could respond.

The slime was left staring at an empty natural spring at a bamboo grove on the slopes of the Winter Mountain.

Okarin blinked a few times.

And then they sighed.
can you use a spoiler for this?

hunter3368

Carrot?
*tilts head*

X
I think "^" is called carrot. Oops, I just googled it... it's called caret... The more you know!
1585152283669.png

PS: So I have to wait for them to evaluate my quests right? I also reported 2 quests at once... Is it okay to do that? Or even more if possible?

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I think "^" is called carrot. Oops, I just googled it... it's called caret... The more you know!
View attachment 2128
PS: So I have to wait for them to evaluate my quests right? I also reported 2 quests at once... Is it okay to do that? Or even more if possible?
Ah, on a laptop or PC keyboard, it's shift + 6
At least, on mine it is.
'-'

You can post as many quests as you want, but you won't get the rewards until someone evaluates them.
(^-^)

X

Nahrenne

Love Counselling With Malkuth [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

The corners of Elaine's mouth curled in a sadistic grin.

"You can keep those now, for four reasons---one, you know you can't beat me in a fight, and I could more than make good on my musings without having to say it aloud. Two, your threats don't scare me. Three, I was joking, and four, you're an idiot. Yeah, so I'm badmouthing her. What are you going to do about it? Fight me and get yourself killed? Go on. I'll kill you and then continue badmouthing her. And besides, this is her body, so what are you going to hurt me with? Those back scratchers? Good luck with that."

She tilted her head in a mocking replication of how the Liberi would tilt her head when puzzled, her crimson eyes narrowing into slits.

"You know, I'm no Angel of Love, but I've seen my share over the centuries, and it's not news to me that people become stupider when they're in love. But I didn't expect this amount of stupidity, and attempting to give a detailed explanation won't get through to you in that state. So I'll keep it short and sweet."

The following sentence was delivered slowly, succinctly, every word filled with purpose.

"Give it up. Love between you and the ostrich girl is impossible, one hundred percent."
I got a really strong sense of deja vu from reading this...

X

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mhmm, Okarin wasn't intended to be a very strong self-insert character, but they surprisingly ended up more relatable for me than I expected. :blob_happy: I've been in tough relationships before, so it's a bit interesting for me to re-process some of the things I used to think back then. :blob_evil: That said, I hope I'm not stuck with Okarin in a bad-end hole, although I am also prepared to kill them off if need be.
Poor Okarin is willing to be killed... T.T

And I didn't mean they were a self insert, just that I understood the feeling well because Hikari was! XD
My fourth comment was something that Alice was worried about in previous versions of AG, but there's a serious concern that characters who start spawning tons of high-value artifacts for cheap especially since it is so easily attainable on a Guild Quest. There ends up being severe power creep due to infinite artifact inflation, and power creep is something that I intend to regulate extremely tightly on this version of AG.
*nod nod nod* Infinite artifacts are a real issue! >.<

And as someone that tried (and failed) to regulate PowLvl in AG V2, I totally get that you're trying hard to control it! \(^^)/
Like a quest chain that leads to Magical Nene in priestess academy?
*rolls laughing*
Mhm! It looks a lot cleaner without two kingdoms included with the shifting dungeon!

I think I just have a strong personal bias against OP artifacts in general.

I'd almost prefer that they simply don't exist, or at the very least they're not attainable through a conventional quest board.

The reasoning for this is that an OP artifact absolutely shatters the equilibrium of any world, which messes with the stability of the IC universe (and hence the quest board). SHF AG operates on a lower average power level compared to typical OP isekai or xianxia, and I'm hesitant to see it creep with idk... random cult decides to nuke the capital of the Holy Human Empire and therefore easily break the entire quest board.

There's a very specific reason why Rank A/S is virtually impossible to attain... and that's to avoid characters (or artifacts) that are capable of easily shattering quest boards in that fashion. And if not characters... if characters are able to attain that level of power, it also means that NPCs/countries are capable of it, which screws with stability even further when you have Super Mega Empire X with a black hole generator.
Oh yeah, I hate when there is that one character that trivializes all work you put into one event... *has AG v1 flashbacks*
Mhm... although... we had a similar discussion about having a Kraken for Spire Reef...

For this type of game, as soon as the idea is suggested, inb4 someone goes ahead and kills the Kraken.

Basically suggesting that something is "rumored" to exist => players interpreting that it definitely exists and they find it on the first floor treasure chest.

There's sort of a game design rule that if you don't want players to do/break something... the most reliable way to ensure that is simply to never give players the opportunity to break it.
As someone that made a fair amount of rumor thingies on AG V1... I agree! Rumors are always seem as truth by players! >.<
Which I haven't actually turned in yet, so technically the event is still non-existent :blob_hide:
:blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: I've been considering both as *it happened* -- although you make it seem so suspicious since you never turned it in!

Especially since it was done over PM and they... *gasp* ...hand-holding!!!!!
So that's why I didn't remember it happening...
I'm not keeping track of who's still active but it kinda feels like some of them just up and disappeared.
...It's sad that if you add 1 or 2 to th
That's just normal tbh. People come and go all the time. Only a few remain for a long time.

And this leads to the dedicated community naturally being above the starting levels because... Well, they have been playing for a while.

So... Don't worry too much, it's just the normal thingy~
Also, you can post stuff with ctrl + enter, it seems.
I hate this command so much... I lost count of how many times I posted things by accident because of it...
I thought all mouses were wireless.
Seems like you're a bit too young! XD

Honestly, I still use mouses with wires.
hmmm... 500 G?
*look at the money Cizel have*
my character is so poor :sweat_smile:
*hugs poor comrade*

hunter3368

Poor Okarin is willing to be killed... T.T

And I didn't mean they were a self insert, just that I understood the feeling well because Hikari was! XD
*nod nod nod* Infinite artifacts are a real issue! >.<

And as someone that tried (and failed) to regulate PowLvl in AG V2, I totally get that you're trying hard to control it! \(^^)/
*rolls laughing*
Oh yeah, I hate when there is that one character that trivializes all work you put into one event... *has AG v1 flashbacks*
As someone that made a fair amount of rumor thingies on AG V1... I agree! Rumors are always seem as truth by players! >.<

So that's why I didn't remember it happening...

That's just normal tbh. People come and go all the time. Only a few remain for a long time.

And this leads to the dedicated community naturally being above the starting levels because... Well, they have been playing for a while.

So... Don't worry too much, it's just the normal thingy~
I hate this command so much... I lost count of how many times I posted things by accident because of it...
Seems like you're a bit too young! XD

Honestly, I still use mouses with wires.

*hugs poor comrade*
... Did you just... USE THE MULTI-QUOTE FUNCTION?! N-NAAANNNIII! SENSEI! PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!
Ahem... I mean... Please teach me how to use the multi-quote function... I'm new here...

PS: Do I have to quote the GM to get my quest evaluated? Also... is the quest, Making a Friend TM repeatable? Because that would be OP and that would also mean that you can *theoretically* get stronger purely through the power of NAKAMA!
> > >
Making a Friend™ [SC0003]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >

PPS: Thank you in advance.

Nahrenne

... Did you just... USE THE MULTI-QUOTE FUNCTION?! N-NAAANNNIII! SENSEI! PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!
Ahem... I mean... Please teach me how to use the multi-quote function... I'm new here...
There's a button at the bottom of people's posts that says +Quote
Click it on multiple peoples' posts, then click 'insert quote' on your own post, then click post reply.
(^-^)

X

Nahrenne

If you're interested, PM @ohko a staff application and answer the following questions:

1. What is your prior experience moderating or participating in online communities?

2. What is your level of activity? How active do you anticipate yourself being in the future?

3. Go to the Registration Desk. Pick 1-2 characters that you think are overpowered, and explain why you think they are overpowered.

4. A player posts a quest report that involves an ability that you think is overpowered. What do you do?

5. Two players are having a heated argument in the OOC thread that involves insults and other things. What do you do?

6. There is a player that consistently makes drama and causes trouble with other people. What do you do?

7. Why do you want to be staff?

Don't know if ohko was still wanting responses from this, but thought to re-post the questions in case people hadn't seen them.

X

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
@WelcomeToScribbleHub

As for how to answer your question...
Click it on multiple peoples' posts, then click 'insert quote' on your own post, then click post reply.
(^-^)

X
Basically this~! ^^)/

Enjoy your stay and have fun! \(^^)/

Siostar

hunter3368

(^-^)

X
Thank you! Also, I edited my post earlier with a PS... I was kinda joking but the concept itself is quite ridiculous and funny. Of course, the method is impractical. You'd need like... thousands of friends to get to S rank. But it's interesting nonetheless. Am I reading too much into this? I probably am.

Nevertheless, thank you for all your help. And goodbye *insert impending death flag*... :blobrofl:

Nahrenne

PS: Do I have to quote the GM to get my quest evaluated? Also... is the quest, Making a Friend TM repeatable? Because that would be OP and that would also mean that you can *theoretically* get stronger purely through the power of NAKAMA!
> > >
Making a Friend™ [SC0003]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >
PPS: Thank you in advance.
Lol.
Tbh, I have no idea actually about the repeat-ability of it.
As for quoting GM, you need to quote the quest so receptionists know which quest you took and can give the correct rewards if objectives were met.

X