Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

BigGreen's Quest Report
~~~~ Today Gobo and I hunted down a mid-sized boar in the North Scribel Forest. However we were unable to bring back the boar due to a pack of Dire wolves in the area. We inturn hunted a few horned rabbits for the guilds kitchen. They were unhappy with what little meat we were able to procure, but at least they were happy to have the extra meat.~~~~
I start the day with Gobo and I having our breakfast for the day and stopping by Pierre's place to say hi. It looks like other adventurer's are starting to head out towards the other empires, from what Pierre told me. We say our goodbyes to Pierre and head off towards the Adventure's Guild.

I wanted too try out my new fighting skills with my spear, so Gobo and I accepted an easy quest for me to try. It looks like the guild kitchen needed some more meat today and gave out a quest for adventurer's to go out and hunt some meat for them. I accepted the request at the receptionist desk and Gobo and I headed out towards the Northern Scribel forest.

Gobo and I have seen a couple good sized prey, when we went to go pick herbs. We scouted towards our usual herb foraging spot and found nothing that would be enough for our quest, so we went further into the forest. The guild has expressed their concerns over the high appearance of predators in the forest lately, may be due to the incoming slime horde.

While Gobo and I searched in the inner forest, we notice a small watering hole. If there was going to be any place that prey would stop by, this would be the spot. So Gobo and I hid near the water hole and waited for any prey to show up.

It was quite boring to say the least, just waiting for something to may be show up eventually. As Gobo and I were about too look for a new area to search, a little rustle was heard in the bushes. Gobo and I focused and stared at the area near the bush. A boar was came out of the bush and walked slowly towards the water hole. This was what Gobo and I were waiting for.

I told Gobo to guard the area and too stop the boar from running away, if it tried. I stalked slowly to the boar, ever so quite to not let my presence to be known. I was in perfect position, now to wait for the perfect time to strike.
NOW!

I lunged towards the Boar with my spear and it pierces through it's hide, but doesn't pierce though it's whole body. I pull out my lodged spear and begin to press on the attack. The startled boar cry's out in pain and start to panic and try to run away. I get a few shallow attacks on the escaping boar, until Gobo surprises the runnning boar and shield bashes it towards a tree. With the boar momentarily stunned, I rush towards it and use all my strength to stab it. My spear this time pierces it all the way and the boar gets skewered unto the tree with my spear. The boar flails a bit more until it eventually dies. My first hunt with my weapon, a success. All that Gobo and I needed to do now, was carry this big guy all the way back to town now.

I quickly prepare a make-shift rickshaw to carry the boar in, while Gobo stands guard. With all the fresh blood around, who knows whats going to come here. With my shoddy looking rickshaw finally made, I put the boar on and Gobo and I start to leave the inner forest.

--------
Not long after leaving we could hear wolves howling from the area we just came from. Gobo and I hurried our pace out of the area, before those wolves caught onto our tails. Unfortunately it looked like that didn't matter because we could hear the howling coming closer and closer to us, it also didn't help that my make-shift rickshaw was quite unstable. As we were running, I eventually made up my mind and decided to leave the boar carcass behind. May be then the wolves wouldn't chase us any more, hopefully.

Looks like today wasn't our lucky day... getting our prey stolen from us, now getting chased by wolves. As Gobo and I were about to escape the inner forest area, three Dire wolves rushed toward us. These damn wolves still chasing us, even after we gave them our prey.

I tell Gobo to close his eyes and then I cast a Light Flash Bomb in-front of the 3 Dire wolves. I shout to Gobo to go for their back legs first. If we can't kill them at least we can wound them and run away. Gobo and I rush towards the nearest blinded Dire wolf and attack both of it's hind legs. The dire wolf whines in pain, while the other 2 wolves shake off the effect of my Light Flash Bomb. Before the 2 other wolves could launch their attacks, I cast Light Vines to chain both of them up. I quickly lunge my spear to the bound wolf and pierces it's bound legs, while Gobo does the same to other. Good, now with the 3 dire wolves unable to chase after us any longer, Gobo and I make our escape out of the inner forest.

We finally exit the inner forest area and decide to rest near the herb foraging area. As Gobo and I take a breath of relief, we noticed now that we didn't have anything for our quest now. I wouldn't want to go back into the deep forest, now that the wolves are hunting right now. Gobo and I decided on just catching a few Horned rabbits near us, at least the guild kitchen would have some extra meat today.

"Good work, the guild cooks will be delighted"

Reward
Money: 13 G
Other: 5 jerky

OOC: Please mark report evaluated

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Recovering the Dead Body [SC0302]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Search for the dead body.
  • Verify the identity of the body.
  • Recover the body and bring it back to the city.
A few days ago, there was another casualty out in the wilderness. The guild has not yet had a chance to recover the body yet. The family is urgently demanding for a proper burial.We've provided you with a photo and their last known location... Rewards:
  • Money: 12 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
This quest sounds dangerous, and probably is at least as dangerous as it sounds. After all, if someone died, whatever killed them is still going to be in the area. However, I think it is proper for even those who died in dangerous places to receive a proper revival. Which is why I have taken this quest. Now, it seems like the one I'm looking for is a young adventurer that uses a spear and has a gambeson as his armor. That's a poor adventurer alright. I even receive a sketch of his face to help with identification. Excellent.

Now, it seems like he died in the northern forest, so I get going to the north with a comfortable jogging pace. It doesn't take too long until I arrive, and I start to search the forest for the body while staying as hidden as I can - moving from bushes to bushes, from tree to tree, trying to always have some sort of cover.

The search begins, though as he casualty was a few days ago, so any tracks would be gone by now. Or in other words, I have to do this the hard way - searching the forest by hand. So this will take a while... and if I'm not careful, whatever got the poor guy might get me as well. Thus I keep searching whilst trying to stay hidden until I suddenly notice the stench of something rotting. It would usually disgust me, but today, it's just what I'm looking for! Because that stench might just be what I am looking for.

Even more careful than before, I slowly creep towards the source of the stench whilst attentively watching the area for any sign of danger - but there doesn't seem to be anything around. So I safely arrive at the corpse. Hmmm... there is a broken spear nearby, armor... seems to have been a gambeson. The face is, well... partially chewed at. Poor guy - I think it might've been wolves. But it seems to be the one I'm looking for.

I can't imagine the family being too well off, but I don't think anyone's going to notice if he's missing a few coins... I quickly search his pockets and find a pouch with money. Good, it seems like I'll be getting some more money from this. I collect most of the coins for myself, tear the pouch into pieces and strew it about the area before loosely stashing the man's remaining coins in a pocket.

Now, let's get that body back. Heave... ho! I pull the body over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and quickly rush back to the city, lucky enough to avoid any trouble this time. Once back, I give the body to a graveyard worker along with a quick explanation of the circumstances before visiting the family and telling them that I've returned the body to the graveyard, as well as that I've gathered some of his valuables from the site, namely his coins, but as the money pouch was torn and the coins strewn about the area, I only managed to recover some before I had to return so that whatever got him had no chance at discovering me.

And with that done, I finally return to the guild and hand in my report. Now, time to remove the stench from me and my clothes...

Evaluation

UNAPPRAISED

This quest sounds dangerous, and probably is at least as dangerous as it sounds. After all, if someone died, whatever killed them is still going to be in the area. However, I think it is proper for even those who died in dangerous places to receive a proper revival. Which is why I have taken this quest. Now, it seems like the one I'm looking for is a young adventurer that uses a spear and has a gambeson as his armor. That's a poor adventurer alright. I even receive a sketch of his face to help with identification. Excellent.

Now, it seems like he died in the northern forest, so I get going to the north with a comfortable jogging pace. It doesn't take too long until I arrive, and I start to search the forest for the body while staying as hidden as I can - moving from bushes to bushes, from tree to tree, trying to always have some sort of cover.

The search begins, though as he casualty was a few days ago, so any tracks would be gone by now. Or in other words, I have to do this the hard way - searching the forest by hand. So this will take a while... and if I'm not careful, whatever got the poor guy might get me as well. Thus I keep searching whilst trying to stay hidden until I suddenly notice the stench of something rotting. It would usually disgust me, but today, it's just what I'm looking for! Because that stench might just be what I am looking for.

Even more careful than before, I slowly creep towards the source of the stench whilst attentively watching the area for any sign of danger - but there doesn't seem to be anything around. So I safely arrive at the corpse. Hmmm... there is a broken spear nearby, armor... seems to have been a gambeson. The face is, well... partially chewed at. Poor guy - I think it might've been wolves. But it seems to be the one I'm looking for.

I can't imagine the family being too well off, but I don't think anyone's going to notice if he's missing a few coins... I quickly search his pockets and find a pouch with money. Good, it seems like I'll be getting some more money from this. I collect most of the coins for myself, tear the pouch into pieces and strew it about the area before loosely stashing the man's remaining coins in a pocket.

Now, let's get that body back. Heave... ho! I pull the body over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and quickly rush back to the city, lucky enough to avoid any trouble this time. Once back, I give the body to a graveyard worker along with a quick explanation of the circumstances before visiting the family and telling them that I've returned the body to the graveyard, as well as that I've gathered some of his valuables from the site, namely his coins, but as the money pouch was torn and the coins strewn about the area, I only managed to recover some before I had to return so that whatever got him had no chance at discovering me.

And with that done, I finally return to the guild and hand in my report. Now, time to remove the stench from me and my clothes...

"Good work, dont forget soap is readily available in Scibel feel free to buy some"

Reward
  • Money: 12 G

Quest (Evaluated)

Tags: Fort Greyroc, Mt Grey Tusk, Dwarven Elevator, Snow Roc, Snow Leopard, Yetis
> > >

Barrels of Snow [GH0502]
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Climb the mountain to its snowy heights.
  • Collect 1 barrel of fresh and clean snow.
  • Please, for dear gods, don't eat the yellow snow!
  • Return to Gelderholm without damaging the barrel.
The hydra's minions are poisoning the fields and lake.
Many dwarves are worried. Is the water safe to drink?
Rather than risking it, perhaps it's better to get barrels of snow.
But what monsters lay in waiting on the snowy peaks?
Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G
> > >

After delivering the plethora of bad news to grieving families. Zorion felt deep sympathy for the Gelderholm people. And support for the people does not come only in the form of force.

He travelled to the outer resource procurement department of the city and offered to find clean water. He was given a large barrel with two shoulder straps attached to it. The barrel was not light, if he had not been strengthened by working at the forge in Scribel, he might have gotten into trouble.

Wearing the barrel like backpack, he strapped only his dagger and a few ration on his belt. with his new found magic he should be able to manage. But as he asked for the fastest way to the city game. The dwarven administrator raised an eyebrow.

"Ya going up the mountain from the front? Yer'd die before you make it half way up O' Gray Tusk.!" The dwarf dragged Zorion out the office and pointed to the west of the city. "Follow the main street and look for the signs to Fort Greyroc. Exit from there."

Nodding, Zorion followed the instructions. Walking the main road was not a happy journey, the city was heavy with exhaustion, he hastened his pace to avoid soaking in the despairing atmosphere. Following the signage, he entered a large room that was meant to be the aforementioned Fort Greyroc.

In the centre was a massive stone platform, and men and women gathered there standing as if waiting for something. Suddenly, great bronze gears embedded in the room's wall glowed with runes and started to turn. Zorion then noticed the tracks lined the back wall and from the tracks was a vice holding the stone platform.

It was an elevation device that lifted people up the mountain. The wonder of technology, for a moment let Zorion forget the ailment of the city.

After a moment, Zorion went on a platform that was lifted to Fort Greyroc.

The fort was not at the peak but was halfway up the mountain, Zorion looked at people that were riding the platform alongside him, they too were carrying barrels to collect snow.

Unlike the front gate, the fort was not as well fortified. Once leaving the fort the lower part of the mountain could be seen but a trace amount of the Hydra's influence could be seen. The immediate area around the fort was barren of snow, and the weather had not blessed the city with another windfall of snow. The only way was to seek water at a higher altitude.

Knowing how the Hydra's poison corrupted the land, it was likely to have driven all kinds of beast higher up the mountain, he reminded himself to be doubly careful as he is less well armed carrying a barrel.

It was quite a long hike when Zorion found fresh snow again. Having a body made for the deep sea, he resisted cold well and tightly packed his barrel full of snow with his bare hands. But still, he couldn’t help but imagine the numbing cold that would feel like knives under his skin should he still have had a human body.

With his barrel loaded, he was no longer as swift on his feet, so leaving his barrel behind, he scouted the area and also the path back to Fort Greyroc.

At the higher elevation of Mt. Grey Tusk, he moved with stealth as best he could but without good camouflage, he covered a lot of his armor with powered snow and he based his scouting to prints in the snow and the scent in the air.

His experience in the forest gave him some insight into animal movements, but he still gave the beasts a wide berth. On the mountain he found nests of great birds not so different from Kukuus, he later found out they were called Snow Rocs, and there were prints of Yetis and snow leopards as well. But dangerous as the mountains may be, its a far cry from the state of the lake and the front line.

Planning his journey back to the fort wisely he did not encounter any creatures, but as the elevator descended back to the city, the adventurers that went in group came back with friends missing, others were covered in injuries.

This made Zorion think he may have been overly cautious but, he we also quite lucky..

Travel halfway up mountain in dwarven elevator to Fort Greyroc
saw the state of the mountain
hike higher up
got snow
brought snow back, lots of fellow snow fetchers died.

Last edited:

Epsil

EVALUATED
> > >
Night Watch [SC0101]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >
I decided to do the Night Watch quest. It seemed pretty easy, and normally nothing would happen. Normally.

I was assigned to guard a sector around the Prison. It seemed easy enough. There weren't any monsters in this area, there was mainly a clearing with a small area which had some bushes and trees. The area was well lit, with some torch lamps.

Night watch started off as relaxing .The dark sky clear with stars, the soft and soothing chirps of the crickets, the fireflies which danced around in the moonlight. I was entranced by the beauty of the night, but nonetheless I stayed alert. It was good that I did, as soon I noticed something weird.

In the distance, I heard multiple footsteps. Not the sound of a patrolling guard's heavy iron boots stomping onto the hard ground, but of leather boots which made little to no sound. Panicked, I ducked into the forest, and hid behind a bush.

A large man, carrying a large pickaxe on his back, was accompanied by two smaller men (his lackeys) ,who were holding lanterns, slowly approached the prison wall.

"I thought they said there was going to be an adventurer on guard.", the large man asked.

"They probably ditched boss. You know how adventurers are. Coin and Ale, that's all they care about.", said Lackey A

"It's a shame. I was hoping for some action. God, I remember the good old days. Adventurers used to piss their pants the moment they saw me, and those who tried to take a stand."

SWISH

In one quick movement, The man had unsheathed the sword on his back and made a giant slash.

"He'd be sliced in half."

"Thats our boss! | The adventurers stand no chance!"

"Yeah yeah, did you guys bring the explosives?"

"Right here boss. But isn't this a bit weird?"

"We don't question our clients requests."

"But still... to just bust out all the prisoners? Isn't it a bit weird?", Lackey A asked

"Oi.", the boss grabbed Lackey A, lifting him up from the ground. "We don't see, We don't say, We don't ask. That's our motto. Now we've been payed top dollar for this quest. I only got you two with me because I needed someone to transport the explosives, and do the grunt work. In fact."

Boss threw Lackey A onto the ground, who landed with a large THUMP.

SWISH

Lackey A's torso was cut diagonally in half. His body twitched a bit, followed by a rush of blood. It was a short but gruesome sight. I wanted to scream, but silent.

"I only need one of you to set up the explosives.", Boss exclaimed, while making a twisted smile.

"WHAT DID YOU-"

"Shut it!", he said grabbing Lackey B by the mouth.

"You want to alert the guards? Now listen, his death just means more gold for you and me. But if you want to be a whiny bitch about it."
Boss tightened his grip around Lackey B's mouth.
"I can take all the gold by myself."

I made a reckless and stupid move, but something just screamed at me that the time to strike was now. They only outnumbered me by one, and I had the upper hand. My pistol. The ramifications of letting this go through would also be astronomical. A broken prison, multiple prisoners wandering about Scribel causing havoc. I couldn't just run away.

I ran out of the bushes and raised my gun to him.

"Freeze!", I yelled

"Oh? So there was an adventurer after all."

Boss let go of Lackey B and slowly approached me.

"I said Freeze!"

"What're you going to do? With that little thing? Ha!", Boss calmly exclaimed.

"I'll shoot!"

"No you won't. I've seen plenty like you. Young heroic types thinking they'll do the right thing, but not having the balls to back it up. Hey, have you ever killed someone? Like my buddy over here?"
Boss pointed to Lackey B's corpse
"Look at her. So weak and fragile."
CRUSH. Boss stomped on her skull, causing it to explode like a squashed tomato.
I started shaking, my palms started to sweat, my knees began to feel shaky, my arms and hands started to feel the weight of the gun and how heavy it was.
"You know. Killing people like you brings me the greatest joy. Like plucking a newborn ripe rose from a dying garden."
"Freeze! Please! I'll"
"I'll shoot, I don't want to kill you. Blah Blah Blah." Boss mocked.
I gulped.

Was he right? Was I not ready?

"This is getting boring, You aren't that fun. Guess it's time for you to die."

Boss unsheathed his sword, and was getting ready to make a movement when.

BANG

I shot him.

Boss reeled back. He didn't expect me to shoot.

"YOU SON OF A BIT-"

BANG

I had shot him again. This time in the head.

Boss's body fell to the ground with a large THUD with thick black blood slowly oozing out of his head. In the distance, I saw Lackey A run off in fear.

I slowly dropped to the ground. Adrenaline coursing through my veins. I could feel the heat of the gun's barrel running through my hands, I could smell the faint smell of gunpowder.

I just killed someone. I shot him. His lifeless body.

A nearby guard came quickly. He was alerted by the sounds of my gun. Seeing the corpse and me slightly shaking on the floor, he took me to the Prison guard's break room and calmed me down.

It turns out that the person dubbed 'Boss' is a wanted mercenary with a bounty of 18 G. He said that the Adventurer's Guild would process this and add my payment to the quest. I wasn't really paying attention though. I was too lost in my thoughts. I was forcefully removed early, due to my current mental state. They had a guard escort me to the tavern, where I tried to get a good night's rest.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
> > >
Night Watch [SC0101]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
> > >

After some unknown time, Benji has returned to his routine Night Watch. In similar fashion, Benji had submitted his quest report in the form of 250 pages worth of back-to-back sketches, compiled into a collection of leather books. A transcribed narrative has been attached, making for easier evaluation for evaluators.

Benji's shift has started from the first stroke of midnight to the first sign of light. His post is now situated on a high altitude among the roofs of Scribel City, overlooking the church and the clock tower. The aforementioned clock tower is depicted in each of Benji's sketches, providing a time frame between his entries. It is confirmed that his sketches have an interval ranging from one to three seconds in between. All sketches are presented from Benji's line of sight, and have not changed position throughout all the entries.

The primary sketches are nothing of note, save for the usual nightly activity of the brothels and the bars.

However, during the hundredth of so sketch, a silhouette has appeared before the post. It was depicted to be climbing up to the structure where Benji's post was held. The silhouette was also depicted to hold a sack on its back as it climbed up towards Benji. Possibly alarmed, Benji had readied himself towards the alarm, preparing to sound it until the silhouette revealed itself under the light in the subsequent page.

The silhouette appeared to be a child. It's gender is unknown, as the child is presented with an androgynous face and by the looks of it, hasn't reached maturity, at least enough to determine it's sex. The child had no hair, and was wearing a flat cap. The child's clothes are dirty, tainted with what seems to be dirt. Since Benji's sketches are exclusively black and white, it can only be presumed that the markings on the child's face and limbs are bruises and blood. The child was also holding a rucksack hanging from behind. The rucksack appears to be bulging, with a collection of round and sharp ends protruding from the outside.

As the sketches continued, the child spotted Benji and expressed a great deal of terror, before slowly succumbing to confusion, presumably from Benji's box-covered head.

Then the child looked back from what can be assumed to be a stimuli of sound or action shrouded from Benji's sketches' point of view. The child then turned back, looking panicked, searching around the post as if to find a means of escape. Then the child turned towards Benji's post and realized Benji's action. The child then fell on to its knees, pleading Benji not to sound the alarm.

Benji sounded the alarm regardless.

The child burst in surprise, began jolting around in terror and hastily bolted out of Benji's field of vision to the left.

The sketches soon returned, temporarily empty before more silhouettes appear, climbing up before the post. The silhouettes approached the post and, under the light, revealed themselves to be the owner of the local gold forgery, along with several of his apprentices. At the same time, armed guards have also ran into the scene, called upon by the sound of the alarm.

The owner spoke to Benji, asking him whether he'd seen a child in a flat cap holding rucksack passing through the area.

Benji pointed towards the left, exactly where the child had taken off.

The owner and his apprentices, along with the guards, made chase, and soon left the post to Benji.

The rest of the sketches were nothing of note. Morning arrived, and Benji ended his Night Guard duty.

Transcriber Note: It is confirmed that the owner of the gold forgery has reported over several hundred gold coins' worth of stolen goods, along with a good dozen ordered by nobility of the province. The child thief has yet to be identified, but the next morning, the reported stolen goods have been spotted among the mats of the local merchant. When questioned of how the goods were obtained, they all similarly answered that, during the early morning, a child has approached them from various different locations, ranging from bars to even outside town, looking to barter the gold with rations of food. Descriptions vary, but it is confirmed that the children are bald, androgynous and wear flat caps. Further investigation is advised.

Attached:

• 4 leather books containing over 250 pages worth of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • A pearl bead matching the description to one of the gold forgery owner's stolen goods
Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • None

Last edited:

Alma

> > >
Missing Children [SC0206]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Check the "Missing Persons" list at the guild.
  • Search for and locate a missing child.
  • If alive, rescue and reunite them with their family.
The streets of Scribel aren't always the safest place.
Children are known to go missing without notice.
What happened to them? Did they get lost? Abducted? Attacked by a monster?
The parents demand that a search party be formed.
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
> > >

She was visiting the family to gather more clues about the missing girl. The man, a somewhat accomplished merchant, had his girl missing two days ago. When she arrived at the house, the man told her that the girl had been kidnapped, as there was a request for ransom. The ransom due date was three days from then. Though, with the amount of money the kidnapper requested, he felt that he wouldn't be able to pay them as he didn't have enough liquid asset for that.

Knowing that, the man then went to the guild merchant to try to sell his shop. He said that the amount asked by the kidnapper was high enough, for him to sell his shop and went back into peddling business. After that, he asked her to do was to hide and follow the one the man would do a transaction against.

The group of kidnapper had asked for the exchange to be done on an abandoned building near the city. As she scouted the building's outskirts, she found that she couldn't find a way to hide. In fact, the grasslands surrounding the building seemed excellent for the defender, as there was no obstruction at all for their vision. She didn't dare to come near the building even in the cover of the night. It was troublesome, as the building was far from the main road. Therefore, if she was in their position, she thought anyone who approached the building would be suspicious.

After returning and delivering the scouting results to the man, she could see frown from the man's face. The man entertained with the thought of hiring guards and adventurers to assault the place as he paced back and forth. Not long after, the man dismissed the idea, as any overt subjugation force was liable to end up with his daughter killed. In the end, the man had asked her to accompany him to the exchange place, and also ask for someone she could rely to kill the remaining kidnappers.

The next day, the man's shop had been sold to the merchant guild. Taking the money from the merchant guild, she felt that the guild was really efficient. A part of her mind said that they had the motive to kidnap the man's child as a business rival. She banished that thought, and left with the man. For the remainder of the time, she was tasked to protect the money. The man said that It would be easy for them to send a thief to steal the money. The man himself went somewhere to do his business.

She had asked Ramza to do it with her. She thought he would help her, but he declined. He said that he had something important to do that day, and couldn't help her. As he explained in detail, she could accept his reasoning, even if she felt disappointed. As she didn't have any more friend in the city, she returned to the man's lodging.

The day of the exchange came. The man had prepared a whistle with him, along with ten horsemen. The man said that he hoped for the kidnapper to not be able to hear the whistle sound, as he tried it near her. Apparently, the sound was above the hearing range of human. The horsemen had a bat beastfolk among them who could listen to the sound and start their assault. With that, they went to the promised place, the horsemen following them in a distance.

She met the kidnappers. Five of them were in front of her, while one was holding the man's child. They arrived by horse, not from the house's direction, but from the northwest. Was the house a decoy for the scouts? The plan to pursue the band of kidnappers and take the money back would be impossible at this point. Not to mention there were some archer with them. If it was really the man's rival, she couldn't neglect to protect the man and his daughter. Though, the command to pursue would be decided by the man's signal.

She took the money out, and the bandit brought the child to the front. Meanwhile, the archer amongst the group trained the arrow in the direction of both the man and the girl. As money and child exchanged, the leader of the kidnappers called the group to leave. In the meantime, she try to cover their body with hers, as to prevent the arrow from reaching them.

The group left in full sprint. After a few seconds, the man blew into the whistle. She could see resignation on the man's face. It would be hard to recover the money, she felt. The horsemen had to pursue the kidnappers, whom had a few second lead on them. After the man left the job with the horsemen, they returned to the city.

Last edited:

Reciful

APPRAISED

Deal with a possessed scientist.
Sponsor: Goren Doles Magic Research CentreLocation: Scribel CityLevel: 4
Objective
  • Locate the possessed scientist. (Last seen in Scribel Forest)
  • Kill him
  • Opt: Subdue him
  • Opt: Exorcise him
Due to some experimenting, a scientist of ours got possessed by a demon.
Please exorcise him if possible. If not, please kill him.
We'll pay well!

Please note that he is very strong.
EXP: 200 (220) (235)
Reward: 30G (35) (40)
Other: 1 x Random Pill (Gives a random effect), (1 x Weak Stamina Potion)

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 6 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Deal with a possessed Scientist's

Quest Report:
The cold strong wind sweep across the Trees making them sways.

The sunlight is blocked By ominous clouds shrouding the land in shadow.

Beneath the dense Forest, deep in the woods a trail of Dismembered body part & Blood.

[ Mmm~ for now let's follow the blood trail! ]

A white girl is walking in a skipping steps as she follows a horrible trail of scattered body parts of Animals deep in the woods.

Slowly, step by step as she follows the bloody trail the sight became more & more gruesome... Yet the White girl travelled this cruel path with a innocent smile in her face while humming a cheerful song.

***​

*Crunch**Crunch*Crunch*

Soon a disturbing noise can be heard in a slight distance.

The White girl... Reciful reach the end of the trail & in a open area deep in the forest. what she saw is a large amount of Animal, insect & Goblin Corpse scattered Everywhere. In the Middle of it is a man covered in blood eating the corpses in a very primal way as if he is a savage animal.

[ Stop! Demon! I Demand you to release the Human! Then die! ]

Reciful suddenly shouted pointing at the possessed Scientist in a very comical posture.

The Possessed Scientist Immediately Glares at her direction and grinned Wickedly when He saw Reciful... Who is girl only.

[ @##$$$$$$$$@#$$$!!!!!!! ]

He growled in a very large inhuman shout disturbing the whole forest making many animal, birds & monsters alike who were hiding to retreat in every direction out of fear.

[ Ahhh~ why are you shouting suddenly? Its noisy you know? ] Reciful grumble as she put both her hand of her Ear in a casually manner.

[ FooOol!! tHiS hUMAn iS AlREAdy MiNe!!! EHeHeHeheHEHeeehH!! ] Standing up from his crouching position he pointed his sharp Claws at Reciful.

[ ANd NOw yOuR bOdY îS mInE!!!! ] He run towards Reciful to assault her.

[ Ahh~ Oh No~ Help me~ ] Reciful said in a monotone Voice & run away from the Demon leading it deep in the dark forest

And so a chase deep in the woods begin.

Grrrr grrr grrr The Demon is snarling very angry he is drooling saliva & his body is covered in wounds.

[..yoU... YoU...YOU!! sHiiiIt!! SToP RuUunInG & hiDING yOU lItTlE BIiiiTCh!!!! ] the demon shouted in pure anger.

[ Aha-ahahahaha I am here~.. here~ you know? Catch me~ tired?... Then Release the human~ already please!!! ] Reciful's white visage suddenly peck out from a distant tree smiling gently at the Demon.

[ FckKKkk YoUuu BItcHhh!!! i'Ll TeAR yUo ApArt!!! ] The Demon rush toward the very large oak tree punching it with all his might out of anger. Scattering the very large tree completely. in exchange the right arm of the possessed Scientist is now crushed & incapacitated.

[ UgaaaHhhHhhhh!!!!! ] The Demon Shouted in agony.

[Ahh!! Idiot!!! You crush his Arm!! Tsk tsk tsk~... its bad you know Really bad!! I need him Alive so use him with care Okey!! ]

Reciful scolded the Demon. As she appears Behind the opposite tree the Demon just smashed to smither.

They have been doing this hide & seek for haft a day now. Demon is very storng but he have a hard time catching the playful Reciful inside the forest. so he became mad & more violent as time goes by. he slowly damage the human body he possess due to his relentless rampage blinded by annoyance towards the illusive Reciful.

[ FuUuUccCKkK!! YUuuuuOoooO!!! ] Demon shouted in pure anger swinging his left arm behind him to strike Reciful.. yet instead of the white girl what he hit is the large tree behind where Reciful stand just a moment ago... Cleaving the Big tree but resulting for His remaining left arm twisted in a wrong direction now both arm is incapacitated.

[ AaaaGgHhhhH!!! ] the demon shout in pain & frustration.

Then in a nearby tree Reciful is sneaking a look upon the Demon who slowly messing up the Scientist body on his own.

[ Hm♪ hmm♪ just a little more... Luckily the forest has lot of Shadows~ ] she whispered with a smile & she vanish inside the shadow.

Night falls now the entire forest is eerie dark.

*Haahh**Haahh* a heavy tired breathing of the Demon as he glares at the White Girl who is smiling Innocently before him.

[ YouUU I'lL definNtEly CRus---]

[ I give up!.. Please release the Human & My body is for yours to take ] She intercepted him & spoke in a serious tone unlike her playful tone before.

[ I'm here to save the Human you possess, but he will die if you keep using him like that.... So I offer My body in exchange & Release him ] she said appealing to the Demon with a tears on her eyes. (lol)

The Demon gaze at her & felt her sincerity to save the Scientist body. Then he smirk.

[Fine... BuT yOUr boDy IS mINE ] immediately the Scientist body falls to the ground. And a Eerie Evil looking Haze came out of his body. then it pounced at Reciful entering her body.

Unfortunately the Demon fail to see... That the white girl is smiling.

( foolish girl do she think I'll forgive her after embarrassing this great me!! I'll enjoy her body very much & violate it crushing her sanity!!! Oh right I'll kill that Scientist & eat him aha-ahahahahaha the one she will save AHAHAHAHAHA!!)

The Demon said while inside Reciful laughing sinisterly.

(Mmm?.... Where is that girls soul?.... Rather where Am I?... What with this darkness)

(What's this?... I can't move.....I can't get out!! Where am I!!?!?)

(W-whats that? no...nonono NooooO t-that t-t-this can't be... You you're Not a Hu-human!!!??? N-No stop Do-dont Have mercy I GIVE UP!! DON'T DON'T EAT ME!!! )

[ W̸h̴a̴t̷ ̴a̶ ̴n̵o̶i̶s̴y̸ ̸f̵o̶o̶d̶~̴ ]

*Chomp**crunch*crunch**Gulp*

[ A̴h̴h̴!̵!̷~̸ ̵i̴t̷ ̸b̶e̷e̴n̵ ̶s̴o̷ ̶l̸o̸n̶g̸ ̸s̷i̵n̵c̵e̴ ̴I̷ ̸e̵a̴t̴ ̶u̵s̸i̵n̵g̸ ̶M̶y̶ ̴r̸e̶a̸l̸ ̵f̷o̵r̴m̴~̸ ̵s̴o̴ ̴n̸i̷c̸e̶ ̶t̵h̵a̵t̸ ̵h̷e̷ ̵e̴n̸t̴e̴r̶e̴d̷ ̸M̶y̴ ̷i̶n̶n̵e̵r̶ ̶p̷l̶a̸c̶e̷ ̷h̸o̵w̶ ̶c̸o̷n̸v̸e̶n̸i̶e̴n̸t̵!̵ ]

Said By a being with countless red eyes, Mouths, tendrils a Being made out of pure darkness. the true form of Reciful currently locked deep inside her.

The demon vanish just like that Devoured by a even more malicious being.

The demonic spirit is dealt with, don't bother searching. you won't find even a dust of it.

as for the Scientist well his body is in a very very bad shape... Sorry for that~ I have no other choice but to do so in order to save him without killing him.

I must Deceive the demon making him self destruct & ultimately lost his interest on the Scientist body who is now practically useless for him. Then inducing him to disregard it on his own accord.

If I drag the Demonic spirit out of him by force, the original owners soul might get severely damaged in the process he might become a empty shell of his former self it that happen..... So despite having crushed limbs & many wounds At least he still have his life his wounds can be healed after all. while soul related damage is really hard to fix.

That's all the end.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Report - Appraised
Tag: Hydra, Snakes, Vipers, Battle, Humanoid Snakes

> > >
Defense of Blackpine Slopes [GH0703]
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Rally with your allies at Blackpine Slopes.
  • Defend against the onslaught of giant poisonous snakes.
  • Prevent as few snakes as possible from slipping past the line.
  • (Note: Optional Party Quest)
Alarm! Alarm! Attack from the lakeside!
Our forward group will take the high ground at Blackpine Slopes.
Hold those snakes at the foothills before the city!
Damn, I hate those giant vipers and their poisonous veins.
We kill Bloodbane Vipers by the scores and spill their blood...
Yet any ground that their black ooze touches is tainted.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G / person
> > >
The alarm rang, and the soldiers, in the middle of the night, rallied up and stood before the approaching horde of snakes. Most of us were at our limit, having to stand guard and fight during the day. However, if we didn't come out now, then we will never get to come out anymore.

The first thing that reached the slope was those Vipers. They were flying snakes, and their spits were venomous and acidic. Anything that touched the substance melted within seconds, including metals and bronze, and not excluding the human's flesh and skin. I had seen too many death by acid. The body seemingly melted like ice in the desert, and not even the bones remained in the aftermath.

We battled these with crossbows and spears, as some of them could not fly high, as their accuracy would rapidly decrease after a certain height. However, when died, these Vipers' blood would contaminate the land with poison, making it unusable, and could even burn the poor souls that got caught up under their violent death.

On the ground, it was an assault of the snakes. The most common one was simply that, snakes. Their colours determined their special ability, such as swiftness, venomous, or even camouflage. Their strength remained in their endless numbers, with some at the sizes of a mere finger, but had deadly venom that killed in one bite.

The approach we used to combat these snakes were flame magic, which is unstable and highly dangerous. Although we could cleanly and thoroughly eradicate the snakes, the mean carried with it a certain risk to accidentally cause an explosion and kill our own soldiers, which was why the mages allowed to do these magic spells must be powerful and careful.

The worst enemies we faced in this battle were the humanoid snakes, the commander of the battle, as well as the savage warriors who feared no pain. They mimicked the fighting techniques of us soldiers, and fight even more violent than us. Although their fighting ability was clumsy, their enhanced strength, speed, reaction, stamina, and regeneration made them an unstoppable killing machine. They rampaged and caused chaos within the battlefield, and had almost caused our formation to be broken through.

At the end, when the battle was at its peak, the Hydra's roar echoed, and the snakes mysteriously retreated, saving us from the endless suffering.

I went to check on my acquaintance, and he seemed to be in a bad shape, but not critical.

Signed by Obsinase, the Commander of 253rd squad of the Gelderholm Military Unit

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >

She was curious. It stands to reason that the most advantaged by the man's child kidnapping was the other merchants. After one day passed, there was a new shop in the place where the man's old shop stood. In fact, the selection of items the shop sold was the same. It was only signboard makeover, a few placement change and different clerk that man the shop. Seeing that, she thought that the new shop would be able to take the man's old customer.

She wanted to investigate more about this merchant guild. To do that, she took the merchant guild quest driving the wagon, so that she could have better access to the merchant guild.

"Excuse me. I'd like to take this quest." Reis said, handing the quest she took from the quest board to the receptionist.

"Merchant guild quest?" The receptionist said, her left eyebrow slightly raised. After examining them, she spoke. "Okay. I'll get the paperwork done in a minute."

She waited, as the receptionist wrote something and took some papers from the drawer. After a few minutes passed, the woman handed her the paperwork, saying that she only had to deliver this to the receptionist at merchant guild. There was also an introductory letter for her to the guard office included if she wanted to hire guards for the journey. Thanking the receptionist, she left for the merchant guild.

After she arrived at the merchant guild, she handed the paperwork. Seeing that, the receptionist processed the paperwork and then rang a bell. A man came from the office at the back, and the receptionist spoke with him. After that, the man then led her to the guild stable, where he took two horses and tied it to the wagon. Taking the wagon from the merchant guild's employee, she left for asteria village.

The man said that she should be able to arrive at the village in two days, or one day if she pushed the horses. Though, the man said to not do this if possible. He also said that she only had to follow the established road without any fork, and she would arrive at asteria village. Taking the western gate, she left.

At first, she saw the farmlands. Wheat, sheep, cows, windmill, those were the only sight in the first half of the journey. After the farmland scenery passed, what she encountered was a meadow. As it was already afternoon, she pushed the horse a little bit harder, stopping when it was past dusk. After that, she rested the horse, and slept herself above the coach bench.

The morning came, and she continued her second half of the journey. She passed the guard station in the noon, seeing some of the men training on the field. The glistening sweat, falling down as it moved along with the curvature of their muscle, made her enjoy the eye candies. Though, she wondered what made them train in the midst of noon. Nevertheless, she appreciated the sight, as they bared their upper body without any layer of clothing.

As the commander of that guard station noticed her, she averted her eyes. She left, continuing her journey to the Asteria village.

When she arrived, it was already afternoon. The guild employee was there, receiving the wagon from her. As for the return, the guild employee said that she had to return on foot.

couldn't they spare a horse for her? She thought about that, yet did not voice it. What she needed to do after that was just to return and give the proof of delivery to the merchant guild. With that, she left.

Last edited:

Alma

> > >
Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >

She wondered if she had to prepare her product, after she got her license. The apprenticeship was offered from the alchemist guild and from the guild's blacksmith. It was the choice most available to her as an adventurer. Not to mention, she wouldn't have to pay for the forge or alchemy lab, just for the ingredients for the item themselves.

Of course, she could buy low and sell high. That would mean that she had to be a peddler and own her own wagon and horses. If she compete in the market, she would have to adjust to the market prices too. That meant that she couldn't buy from the stall next to her, and sell them high. That would be madness.

Banishing the thought, she went to the merchant guild once again. Giving the paperwork from the adventurer guild, she was then led to the stables by the employee. There, after the employee finished packing all those goods inside of the wagon, he let her go on her journey.

The second journey to the Asteria Village was uneventful. When she went through the relay station, she couldn't see any guard training. Though she saw someone galloping from her behind, wearing the guard uniform once, passing her. Like the previous time, she arrived at the village proper in the afternoon. After she gave the man the goods, she took the delivery proof and went back.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated

Note: Linking all of these quests here because they're all relevant subjects -- but please grade this according using the "Diplomatic Mission" quest.
Note: Also changing my writing style for this quest for concise-ness.

Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Make contact with the Lizardmen (?) and offer gifts (will be provided by the Guild).
  • Determine if the Lizardmen are hostile and/or intelligent.
  • Update: Sightings of hostile lizard people in the southeast (source)
  • Update: The chief is missing (source)
Rewards:
  • EXP: 280
  • Money: 50G
Gather Allies
Sponsor:
Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Find people that are willing to aid the city in the defense against the horde.
  • Try to make a deal that is not too unfavorable to the guild.
Description: While we have faith in the might of our adventurers and guards, there is a limit to how much can be done against a horde that amounts to the thousands. We need more personnel, the more the better. Any allies you can bring would be much welcome.
Ideally, the best support would come from the Lizardmen to the South, as they seem to be adept at slime killing, though they seem to be facing some internal issues that might make it hard to gather their support. Nonetheless, they'd be a great aid if possible.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 90
  • Money: 40G
Scout the Lizardmen Tribes, Marshlands, and the Lake
Sponsor:
Adventurer's Guild
Reward: 150 EXP / 50 G
Objectives:
  • Read these quest reports: (1) (2) (3) (4)
  • Learn about this area and the political powers here.
  • Assess the threat-level of the region.
  • Identify monsters and dangers in the region.
  • Identify resources and benefits in the region.

Quest Report - Okarin

Dear Guild,

I'm currently writing this letter from Chief's residence at the Kalaksha Lizardman Tribe. I have a number of major updates on the situation in the Lizardman marshes, and hopefully this will clarify the situation previously submitted in prior quest reports. I also have a diplomatic letter on behalf of the Western Sea Lizard Council which will be attached to the end of this letter.

+ + +​

To summarize my journey up to date, I traveled west from Fuyu Machi following the course of the White River. Approximately five days on this route, the White River opened up into a vast set of floodplains (FYI what is a floodplain). This floodplain dumps into the Great Shio Sea. Following the recommendation of Seiryuu (the Guardian of the White River), I traveled north to the adjacent Salt Marshes.

In the Salt Marshes, I encountered the Kalaksha Tribe, which is friendly to humans and other species. I inquired about the Lizardgirl whose tribe was destroyed by the oni, however, they were not familiar with that particular tribe. The Kalaksha Tribe has not yet experienced any problem with oni, although they are further away from the Oni Mountain and close to the ocean.

I was informed that there are many lizardmen tribes in this region, easily over a dozen. This biome is highly diverse. For instance, there are tribes settled on the banks of the Lizardman Lake (like the Taeruga Tribe and Marashaw Tribe), tribes in the freshwater marshes, tribes in the swamplands, tribes on the ocean beaches, tribes on the ocean rocks, tribes on the ocean cliffs, tribes near the waterfall, and tribes like theirs on the Salt Marshes.

The relationship between some tribes are tenuous. There are intense rivalries between different factions of tribes, and war often breaks out between different tribes. Currently, two of the main factions are a pro-human (pro-trade) tribal alliance and a human-eating anti-human (xenophobic) alliance. Generally speaking, many of the western tribes are pro-human, whereas many of the eastern tribes are anti-human. The anti-human tribes fear the recent increase in human population in the area, and they believe humans are not to be trusted. They also refuse to bow down to humans, since many lizard people have traditionally eaten humans for food.

Tensions between the pro-human and anti-human tribes have been especially poor. It is currently believed that the chieftan of the Taeruga tribe has been kidnapped and held hostage by the Marashaw Tribe. The warmongering Marashaw Tribe has captured (and eaten) humans from Scribel City, which has damaged the reputation of peaceful lizards who regularly trade with humans on the ocean coast.

The Kalaksha Tribe (and Taeruga Tribe) is part of the a western alliance called the Sea Lizard Council. The Sea Lizard Council recently met and discussed the subject of adventurers from Scribel City, and the council decided that allying with the humans would be mutually beneficial. In fact, the council was about to send a diplomatic delegation to Scribel City before I happened to stop by.

Here is the letter that the Kalaksha Tribe has given me on behalf of the Sea Lizard Council:

+ + +​

Your Excellency -
On behalf of the Sea Lizard Council and all lizard tribes allied with our cause, we seek to open diplomatic negotiations.
Previously, you may have encountered hostile lizards who have kidnapped human civilians from your city. We would like you to know that the Sea Lizard Council condemns those lizard tribes, and in fact we share a common enemy. These hostile lizard tribes are warmongers who threaten the stability of our region, and we believe we can join forces to eliminate these hostile lizard tribes. If you assist our faction, we can guarantee that a stable trade route can be established between our nations that will lead to future prosperity.
It has come to our attention that Scribel City is under attack by a slime horde.
As an expression of our goodwill, the Sea Lizard Council is willing to send 500 lizard warriors to aid in Scribel City's defense.
However, you would misunderstand us to think that this aid comes for free.
Many human adventurers who have visited our tribes, including Felicia El Freliti, have spoken extensively of the merits of the Adventurer's Guild. We believe that this mercenary system is ingenuous and well-suited for subjugating monsters and threats unique to our region. Consequently, we would like to establish our own Adventurer's Guild with branches across many lizard tribes.
Naturally, since we will be operating our own Adventurer's Guild, we will pay for all the operational expenses and other logistical affairs. We will also have our own lizard Guildmaster, have our own internal structure, and we will also train and enroll our own lizard warriors as "Adventurers". Our guild will serve the interests of the Lizardmen Tribes foremost, because we are not subservient to you.
However, it is quite a waste of us to re-invent the wheel, and we believe there are opportunities for us to collaborate.
Our requests pertaining the Adventurer's Guild are as follows:
  1. Mutual Enrollment - Adventurers enrolled at in Scribel's Guild will also be enrolled in the Lizardmen Guild as "associates", and vis versa.
  2. Mutual Report Sharing - We will share all non-classified quest reports with each other.
  3. Mutual Quest Sharing - We will share our quest boards with each other, and Adventurers can take quests from either board.
  4. Independence - The Lizardmen Guild will function independently of Scribel City and serve our own interests.
  5. High Council - Our Guildmasters will regularly communicate in a High Council.
Regarding general political affairs, we seek:
  1. Trade Agreement - Although this depends on the subjugation of the Hostile Lizard Faction to secure the route.
  2. Non-Aggression Pact - Scribel City will not claim any territory in the Lizardman region south of the Waterfall.
  3. Traveler's Rights - Travelers will not be detained or unfairly treated by the law any differently than we treat our own citizens.
  4. Local Embassy - We wish to establish an embassy in Scribel City, and expect that you do likewise.
  5. Military Alliance - We wish to coordinate our militaries to address mutual threats, such as hostile lizards, slimes, and the oni.
In addition to the above, we are willing offer as an expression of our goodwill:
  1. 500 lizard warriors to aid in the defense of Scribel City until the Slime Horde passes.
  2. 75 crates of Burza, a soap-based substance that is especially effective against slimes.
The details of the above can be negotiated in the further future, but this should give you a general sense of our goals.
We believe that these terms are mutually beneficial for both of us, and we look forward eagerly to your response.
Best regards,
Sea Lizard Council

+ + +​

This message is being delivered to you via a pigeon-like swamp bird called a Kalak bird. It is trained to deliver messages.

When you have written your response, tie your letter to the Kalak bird and it will fly back to this lizardman village.

Meanwhile, I will spend some more time with the Lizardmen until there is nothing more to see here.

Signed,
Okarin

P.S. Be careful about Vicious. Her identity has been stolen by a spirit named Elaine, who has something to do with a ruby ring Vicious is wearing. Additionally, "Vicious" is sleeping with the the shrine maiden of Fuyu Machi, and they share a bedroom. "Vicious" may not be loyal to Scribel City anymore. She has certainly betrayed me. I fear for the worst. :blob_pat_sad:

Last edited:
Evaluation

Report - Not Yet Appraised

Scouting the Lake [GH0702]
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Scout the perimeter of the lake.
  • Note any changes in the enemy status.
  • Note any changes in the poisoned fields.
  • Do not lure enemies to the city.
Information is essential to fighting any war, and we cannot afford to operate blind.
Please scout the lake and the Poisoned Fields and assess the damage.
Many varieties of new poisonous monsters have been discovered since the war.
Any information about the hydra's forces is invaluable.
Rewards:

Note: Commander Obsinase is busy, so I have to write this report myself, and had him signed the report as being truthful.

Today, I and my acquaintance went to scout the perimeter of the lake. It was just the two of us, because no one else wished to partake this operation with us, specifically, with me. Not that I care, and not that it was significant.

Along the way to the lake, the knight kept asking useless questions, and expected my answers. He seemed to be a good guy, but his mouth just won't stop. Didn't he know that it was rude to ask others too much? Well, talking to him was a great way to pass time, so I could still tolerate his presence.

There shouldn't be too many changes in the poisoned fields, although when compared to previous reports, the amounts of Hydra's minions seemed to increase, and looked a lot more restless. This information must be taken note, and reported back.

During our scouting mission, I encountered a group of monsters, which I proceeded to kill. They fought back, but with my systematic tactic, they fell after a while, leaving behind their corpses. After throwing the corpses into the field, I watched as some kinds of fish devoured their flesh, before retreating back to a safer area.

In conclusion, the movement of the Hydra's minions seemed to indicate some changes, and the area they frequented was getting bigger and wider. Further investigation should be conducted, sooner than later.

Signed by Obsinase, the Commander of 253rd squad of the Gelderholm Military Unit

"Good work, we will update the war council on the latest information"

Reward

Urgent Evaluation
"Extraordinary Circumstances" exception granted
Priority one protocol authorised

Quest Report - Unevaluated

Note: Linking all of these quests here because they're all relevant subjects -- but please grade this according using the "Diplomatic Mission" quest.
Note: Also changing my writing style for this quest for concise-ness.

Quest Report - Okarin

Dear Guild,

I'm currently writing this letter from Chief's residence at the Kalaksha Lizardman Tribe. I have a number of major updates on the situation in the Lizardman marshes, and hopefully this will clarify the situation previously submitted in prior quest reports. I also have a diplomatic letter on behalf of the Western Sea Lizard Council which will be attached to the end of this letter.

+ + +​

To summarize my journey up to date, I traveled west from Fuyu Machi following the course of the White River. Approximately five days on this route, the White River opened up into a vast set of floodplains (FYI what is a floodplain). This floodplain dumps into the Great Shio Sea. Following the recommendation of Seiryuu (the Guardian of the White River), I traveled north to the adjacent Salt Marshes.

In the Salt Marshes, I encountered the Kalaksha Tribe, which is friendly to humans and other species. I inquired about the Lizardgirl whose tribe was destroyed by the oni, however, they were not familiar with that particular tribe. The Kalaksha Tribe has not yet experienced any problem with oni, although they are further away from the Oni Mountain and close to the ocean.

I was informed that there are many lizardmen tribes in this region, easily over a dozen. This biome is highly diverse. For instance, there are tribes settled on the banks of the Lizardman Lake (like the Taeruga Tribe and Marashaw Tribe), tribes in the freshwater marshes, tribes in the swamplands, tribes on the ocean beaches, tribes on the ocean rocks, tribes on the ocean cliffs, tribes near the waterfall, and tribes like theirs on the Salt Marshes.

The relationship between some tribes are tenuous. There are intense rivalries between different factions of tribes, and war often breaks out between different tribes. Currently, two of the main factions are a pro-human (pro-trade) tribal alliance and a human-eating anti-human (xenophobic) alliance. Generally speaking, many of the western tribes are pro-human, whereas many of the eastern tribes are anti-human. The anti-human tribes fear the recent increase in human population in the area, and they believe humans are not to be trusted. They also refuse to bow down to humans, since many lizard people have traditionally eaten humans for food.

Tensions between the pro-human and anti-human tribes have been especially poor. It is currently believed that the chieftan of the Taeruga tribe has been kidnapped and held hostage by the Marashaw Tribe. The warmongering Marashaw Tribe has captured (and eaten) humans from Scribel City, which has damaged the reputation of peaceful lizards who regularly trade with humans on the ocean coast.

The Kalaksha Tribe (and Taeruga Tribe) is part of the a western alliance called the Sea Lizard Council. The Sea Lizard Council recently met and discussed the subject of adventurers from Scribel City, and the council decided that allying with the humans would be mutually beneficial. In fact, the council was about to send a diplomatic delegation to Scribel City before I happened to stop by.

Here is the letter that the Kalaksha Tribe has given me on behalf of the Sea Lizard Council:

+ + +​

Your Excellency -
On behalf of the Sea Lizard Council and all lizard tribes allied with our cause, we seek to open diplomatic negotiations.
Previously, you may have encountered hostile lizards who have kidnapped human civilians from your city. We would like you to know that the Sea Lizard Council condemns those lizard tribes, and in fact we share a common enemy. These hostile lizard tribes are warmongers who threaten the stability of our region, and we believe we can join forces to eliminate these hostile lizard tribes. If you assist our faction, we can guarantee that a stable trade route can be established between our nations that will lead to future prosperity.
It has come to our attention that Scribel City is under attack by a slime horde.
As an expression of our goodwill, the Sea Lizard Council is willing to send 500 lizard warriors to aid in Scribel City's defense.
However, you would misunderstand us to think that this aid comes for free.
Many human adventurers who have visited our tribes, including Felicia El Freliti, have spoken extensively of the merits of the Adventurer's Guild. We believe that this mercenary system is ingenuous and well-suited for subjugating monsters and threats unique to our region. Consequently, we would like to establish our own Adventurer's Guild with branches across many lizard tribes.
Naturally, since we will be operating our own Adventurer's Guild, we will pay for all the operational expenses and other logistical affairs. We will also have our own lizard Guildmaster, have our own internal structure, and we will also train and enroll our own lizard warriors as "Adventurers". Our guild will serve the interests of the Lizardmen Tribes foremost, because we are not subservient to you.
However, it is quite a waste of us to re-invent the wheel, and we believe there are opportunities for us to collaborate.
Our requests pertaining the Adventurer's Guild are as follows:
  1. Mutual Enrollment - Adventurers enrolled at in Scribel's Guild will also be enrolled in the Lizardmen Guild as "associates", and vis versa.
  2. Mutual Report Sharing - We will share all non-classified quest reports with each other.
  3. Mutual Quest Sharing - We will share our quest boards with each other, and Adventurers can take quests from either board.
  4. Independence - The Lizardmen Guild will function independently of Scribel City and serve our own interests.
  5. High Council - Our Guildmasters will regularly communicate in a High Council.
Regarding general political affairs, we seek:
  1. Trade Agreement - Although this depends on the subjugation of the Hostile Lizard Faction to secure the route.
  2. Non-Aggression Pact - Scribel City will not claim any territory in the Lizardman region south of the Waterfall.
  3. Traveler's Rights - Travelers will not be detained or unfairly treated by the law any differently than we treat our own citizens.
  4. Local Embassy - We wish to establish an embassy in Scribel City, and expect that you do likewise.
  5. Military Alliance - We wish to coordinate our militaries to address mutual threats, such as hostile lizards, slimes, and the oni.
In addition to the above, we are willing offer as an expression of our goodwill:
  1. 500 lizard warriors to aid in the defense of Scribel City until the Slime Horde passes.
  2. 75 crates of Burza, a soap-based substance that is especially effective against slimes.
The details of the above can be negotiated in the further future, but this should give you a general sense of our goals.
We believe that these terms are mutually beneficial for both of us, and we look forward eagerly to your response.
Best regards,
Sea Lizard Council

+ + +​

This message is being delivered to you via a pigeon-like swamp bird called a Kalak bird. It is trained to deliver messages.

When you have written your response, tie your letter to the Kalak bird and it will fly back to this lizardman village.

Meanwhile, I will spend some more time with the Lizardmen until there is nothing more to see here.

Signed,
Okarin

P.S. Be careful about Vicious. Her identity has been stolen by a spirit named Elaine, who has something to do with a ruby ring Vicious is wearing. Additionally, "Vicious" is sleeping with the the shrine maiden of Fuyu Machi, and they share a bedroom. "Vicious" may not be loyal to Scribel City anymore. She has certainly betrayed me. I fear for the worst. :blob_pat_sad:

"Excellent new, the guild will sure too add the additional information to the archives, We just hope the allaince with the lizardmen's aid will be enought to hold back the horde."

Reward
520 exp 140 G
Reward deducted for expedited processing charge
300 Exp 50
For your commitment in combating the Slime horde threat please seek out the Guild master for additional prestige or rewards.

Epsil

After some unknown time, Benji has returned to his routine Night Watch. In similar fashion, Benji had submitted his quest report in the form of 250 pages worth of back-to-back sketches, compiled into a collection of leather books. A transcribed narrative has been attached, making for easier evaluation for evaluators.

Benji's shift has started from the first stroke of midnight to the first sign of light. His post is now situated on a high altitude among the roofs of Scribel City, overlooking the church and the clock tower. The aforementioned clock tower is depicted in each of Benji's sketches, providing a time frame between his entries. It is confirmed that his sketches have an interval ranging from one to three seconds in between. All sketches are presented from Benji's line of sight, and have not changed position throughout all the entries.

The primary sketches are nothing of note, save for the usual nightly activity of the brothels and the bars.

However, during the hundredth of so sketch, a silhouette has appeared before the post. It was depicted to be climbing up to the structure where Benji's post was held. The silhouette was also depicted to hold a sack on its back as it climbed up towards Benji. Possibly alarmed, Benji had readied himself towards the alarm, preparing to sound it until the silhouette revealed itself under the light in the subsequent page.

The silhouette appeared to be a child. It's gender is unknown, as the child is presented with an androgynous face and by the looks of it, hasn't reached maturity, at least enough to determine it's sex. The child had no hair, and was wearing a flat cap. The child's clothes are dirty, tainted with what seems to be dirt. Since Benji's sketches are exclusively black and white, it can only be presumed that the markings on the child's face and limbs are bruises and blood. The child was also holding a rucksack hanging from behind. The rucksack appears to be bulging, with a collection of round and sharp ends protruding from the outside.

As the sketches continued, the child spotted Benji and expressed a great deal of terror, before slowly succumbing to confusion, presumably from Benji's box-covered head.

Then the child looked back from what can be assumed to be a stimuli of sound or action shrouded from Benji's sketches' point of view. The child then turned back, looking panicked, searching around the post as if to find a means of escape. Then the child turned towards Benji's post and realized Benji's action. The child then fell on to its knees, pleading Benji not to sound the alarm.

Benji sounded the alarm regardless.

The child burst in surprise, began jolting around in terror and hastily bolted out of Benji's field of vision to the left.

The sketches soon returned, temporarily empty before more silhouettes appear, climbing up before the post. The silhouettes approached the post and, under the light, revealed themselves to be the owner of the local gold forgery, along with several of his apprentices. At the same time, armed guards have also ran into the scene, called upon by the sound of the alarm.

The owner spoke to Benji, asking him whether he'd seen a child in a flat cap holding rucksack passing through the area.

Benji pointed towards the left, exactly where the child had taken off.

The owner and his apprentices, along with the guards, made chase, and soon left the post to Benji.

The rest of the sketches were nothing of note. Morning arrived, and Benji ended his Night Guard duty.

Transcriber Note: It is confirmed that the owner of the gold forgery has reported over several hundred gold coins' worth of stolen goods, along with a good dozen ordered by nobility of the province. The child thief has yet to be identified, but the next morning, the reported stolen goods have been spotted among the mats of the local merchant. When questioned of how the goods were obtained, they all similarly answered that, during the early morning, a child has approached them from various different locations, ranging from bars to even outside town, looking to barter the gold with rations of food. Descriptions vary, but it is confirmed that the children are bald, androgynous and wear flat caps. Further investigation is advised.

Attached:

• 4 leather books containing over 250 pages worth of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • A pearl bead matching the description to one of the gold forgery owner's stolen goods
Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • None
Well done. - Alias
Rewards:

Epsil

> > >
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

She was visiting the family to gather more clues about the missing girl. The man, a somewhat accomplished merchant, had his girl missing two days ago. When she arrived at the house, the man told her that the girl had been kidnapped, as there was a request for ransom. The ransom due date was three days from then. Though, with the amount of money the kidnapper requested, he felt that he wouldn't be able to pay them as he didn't have enough liquid asset for that.

Knowing that, the man then went to the guild merchant to try to sell his shop. He said that the amount asked by the kidnapper was high enough, for him to sell his shop and went back into peddling business. After that, he asked her to do was to hide and follow the one the man would do a transaction against.

The group of kidnapper had asked for the exchange to be done on an abandoned building near the city. As she scouted the building's outskirts, she found that she couldn't find a way to hide. In fact, the grasslands surrounding the building seemed excellent for the defender, as there was no obstruction at all for their vision. She didn't dare to come near the building even in the cover of the night. It was troublesome, as the building was far from the main road. Therefore, if she was in their position, she thought anyone who approached the building would be suspicious.

After returning and delivering the scouting results to the man, she could see frown from the man's face. The man entertained with the thought of hiring guards and adventurers to assault the place as he paced back and forth. Not long after, the man dismissed the idea, as any overt subjugation force was liable to end up with his daughter killed. In the end, the man had asked her to accompany him to the exchange place, and also ask for someone she could rely to kill the remaining kidnappers.

The next day, the man's shop had been sold to the merchant guild. Taking the money from the merchant guild, she felt that the guild was really efficient. A part of her mind said that they had the motive to kidnap the man's child as a business rival. She banished that thought, and left with the man. For the remainder of the time, she was tasked to protect the money. The man said that It would be easy for them to send a thief to steal the money. The man himself went somewhere to do his business.

She had asked Ramza to do it with her. She thought he would help her, but he declined. He said that he had something important to do that day, and couldn't help her. As he explained in detail, she could accept his reasoning, even if she felt disappointed. As she didn't have any more friend in the city, she returned to the man's lodging.

The day of the exchange came. The man had prepared a whistle with him, along with ten horsemen. The man said that he hoped for the kidnapper to not be able to hear the whistle sound, as he tried it near her. Apparently, the sound was above the hearing range of human. The horsemen had a bat beastfolk among them who could listen to the sound and start their assault. With that, they went to the promised place, the horsemen following them in a distance.

She met the kidnappers. Five of them were in front of her, while one was holding the man's child. They arrived by horse, not from the house's direction, but from the northwest. Was the house a decoy for the scouts? The plan to pursue the band of kidnappers and take the money back would be impossible at this point. Not to mention there were some archer with them. If it was really the man's rival, she couldn't neglect to protect the man and his daughter. Though, the command to pursue would be decided by the man's signal.

She took the money out, and the bandit brought the child to the front. Meanwhile, the archer amongst the group trained the arrow in the direction of both the man and the girl. As money and child exchanged, the leader of the kidnappers called the group to leave. In the meantime, she try to cover their body with hers, as to prevent the arrow from reaching them.

The group left in full sprint. After a few seconds, the man blew into the whistle. She could see resignation on the man's face. It would be hard to recover the money, she felt. The horsemen had to pursue the kidnappers, whom had a few second lead on them. After the man left the job with the horsemen, they returned to the city.
Nicely done. We'll get those kidnappers next time. - Alias
Rewards:

Epsil

Unevaluated

Character
: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 6 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Deal with a possessed Scientist's

Quest Report:
The cold strong wind sweep across the Trees making them sways.

The sunlight is blocked By ominous clouds shrouding the land in shadow.

Beneath the dense Forest, deep in the woods a trail of Dismembered body part & Blood.

[ Mmm~ for now let's follow the blood trail! ]

A white girl is walking in a skipping steps as she follows a horrible trail of scattered body parts of Animals deep in the woods.

Slowly, step by step as she follows the bloody trail the sight became more & more gruesome... Yet the White girl travelled this cruel path with a innocent smile in her face while humming a cheerful song.

***​

*Crunch**Crunch*Crunch*

Soon a disturbing noise can be heard in a slight distance.

The White girl... Reciful reach the end of the trail & in a open area deep in the forest. what she saw is a large amount of Animal, insect & Goblin Corpse scattered Everywhere. In the Middle of it is a man covered in blood eating the corpses in a very primal way as if he is a savage animal.

[ Stop! Demon! I Demand you to release the Human! Then die! ]

Reciful suddenly shouted pointing at the possessed Scientist in a very comical posture.

The Possessed Scientist Immediately Glares at her direction and grinned Wickedly when He saw Reciful... Who is girl only.

[ @##$$$$$$$$@#$$$!!!!!!! ]

He growled in a very large inhuman shout disturbing the whole forest making many animal, birds & monsters alike who were hiding to retreat in every direction out of fear.

[ Ahhh~ why are you shouting suddenly? Its noisy you know? ] Reciful grumble as she put both her hand of her Ear in a casually manner.

[ FooOol!! tHiS hUMAn iS AlREAdy MiNe!!! EHeHeHeheHEHeeehH!! ] Standing up from his crouching position he pointed his sharp Claws at Reciful.

[ ANd NOw yOuR bOdY îS mInE!!!! ] He run towards Reciful to assault her.

[ Ahh~ Oh No~ Help me~ ] Reciful said in a monotone Voice & run away from the Demon leading it deep in the dark forest

And so a chase deep in the woods begin.

Grrrr grrr grrr The Demon is snarling very angry he is drooling saliva & his body is covered in wounds.

[..yoU... YoU...YOU!! sHiiiIt!! SToP RuUunInG & hiDING yOU lItTlE BIiiiTCh!!!! ] the demon shouted in pure anger.

[ Aha-ahahahaha I am here~.. here~ you know? Catch me~ tired?... Then Release the human~ already please!!! ] Reciful's white visage suddenly peck out from a distant tree smiling gently at the Demon.

[ FckKKkk YoUuu BItcHhh!!! i'Ll TeAR yUo ApArt!!! ] The Demon rush toward the very large oak tree punching it with all his might out of anger. Scattering the very large tree completely. in exchange the right arm of the possessed Scientist is now crushed & incapacitated.

[ UgaaaHhhHhhhh!!!!! ] The Demon Shouted in agony.

[Ahh!! Idiot!!! You crush his Arm!! Tsk tsk tsk~... its bad you know Really bad!! I need him Alive so use him with care Okey!! ]

Reciful scolded the Demon. As she appears Behind the opposite tree the Demon just smashed to smither.

They have been doing this hide & seek for haft a day now. Demon is very storng but he have a hard time catching the playful Reciful inside the forest. so he became mad & more violent as time goes by. he slowly damage the human body he possess due to his relentless rampage blinded by annoyance towards the illusive Reciful.

[ FuUuUccCKkK!! YUuuuuOoooO!!! ] Demon shouted in pure anger swinging his left arm behind him to strike Reciful.. yet instead of the white girl what he hit is the large tree behind where Reciful stand just a moment ago... Cleaving the Big tree but resulting for His remaining left arm twisted in a wrong direction now both arm is incapacitated.

[ AaaaGgHhhhH!!! ] the demon shout in pain & frustration.

Then in a nearby tree Reciful is sneaking a look upon the Demon who slowly messing up the Scientist body on his own.

[ Hm♪ hmm♪ just a little more... Luckily the forest has lot of Shadows~ ] she whispered with a smile & she vanish inside the shadow.

Night falls now the entire forest is eerie dark.

*Haahh**Haahh* a heavy tired breathing of the Demon as he glares at the White Girl who is smiling Innocently before him.

[ YouUU I'lL definNtEly CRus---]

[ I give up!.. Please release the Human & My body is for yours to take ] She intercepted him & spoke in a serious tone unlike her playful tone before.

[ I'm here to save the Human you possess, but he will die if you keep using him like that.... So I offer My body in exchange & Release him ] she said appealing to the Demon with a tears on her eyes. (lol)

The Demon gaze at her & felt her sincerity to save the Scientist body. Then he smirk.

[Fine... BuT yOUr boDy IS mINE ] immediately the Scientist body falls to the ground. And a Eerie Evil looking Haze came out of his body. then it pounced at Reciful entering her body.

Unfortunately the Demon fail to see... That the white girl is smiling.

( foolish girl do she think I'll forgive her after embarrassing this great me!! I'll enjoy her body very much & violate it crushing her sanity!!! Oh right I'll kill that Scientist & eat him aha-ahahahahaha the one she will save AHAHAHAHAHA!!)

The Demon said while inside Reciful laughing sinisterly.

(Mmm?.... Where is that girls soul?.... Rather where Am I?... What with this darkness)

(What's this?... I can't move.....I can't get out!! Where am I!!?!?)

(W-whats that? no...nonono NooooO t-that t-t-this can't be... You you're Not a Hu-human!!!??? N-No stop Do-dont Have mercy I GIVE UP!! DON'T DON'T EAT ME!!! )

[ W̸h̴a̴t̷ ̴a̶ ̴n̵o̶i̶s̴y̸ ̸f̵o̶o̶d̶~̴ ]

*Chomp**crunch*crunch**Gulp*

[ A̴h̴h̴!̵!̷~̸ ̵i̴t̷ ̸b̶e̷e̴n̵ ̶s̴o̷ ̶l̸o̸n̶g̸ ̸s̷i̵n̵c̵e̴ ̴I̷ ̸e̵a̴t̴ ̶u̵s̸i̵n̵g̸ ̶M̶y̶ ̴r̸e̶a̸l̸ ̵f̷o̵r̴m̴~̸ ̵s̴o̴ ̴n̸i̷c̸e̶ ̶t̵h̵a̵t̸ ̵h̷e̷ ̵e̴n̸t̴e̴r̶e̴d̷ ̸M̶y̴ ̷i̶n̶n̵e̵r̶ ̶p̷l̶a̸c̶e̷ ̷h̸o̵w̶ ̶c̸o̷n̸v̸e̶n̸i̶e̴n̸t̵!̵ ]

Said By a being with countless red eyes, Mouths, tendrils a Being made out of pure darkness. the true form of Reciful currently locked deep inside her.

The demon vanish just like that Devoured by a even more malicious being.

The demonic spirit is dealt with, don't bother searching. you won't find even a dust of it.

as for the Scientist well his body is in a very very bad shape... Sorry for that~ I have no other choice but to do so in order to save him without killing him.

I must Deceive the demon making him self destruct & ultimately lost his interest on the Scientist body who is now practically useless for him. Then inducing him to disregard it on his own accord.

If I drag the Demonic spirit out of him by force, the original owners soul might get severely damaged in the process he might become a empty shell of his former self it that happen..... So despite having crushed limbs & many wounds At least he still have his life his wounds can be healed after all. while soul related damage is really hard to fix.

That's all the end.
I, Dr. Lennings, offer my thanks in dealing with this troublesome matter. Here is the reward. Do not worry about the scientist, he'll be sent to our recovery wing.

EXP: 235Reward: 40GOther: 1 x Random Pill (Gives a random effect), 1 x Weak Stamina Potion

Bochi

Fragments Of The Azure Sky (I)
Sponsor: Fuyu's Shogun
Required Level: 10

Objective:
Track the attackers back to their hideout.
Try not to get caught.
Don't lure monsters back to the Winter City.

Description:
We've just had details of another Oni attack come in from the eastern portion of the forest. They've beaten them back, but the White River doesn't really circle much in that area, so Sei can't track them down. And yet they must have popped up somewhere---could you risk a look, see what you can scourge up? Remember, we're not psychic, so you'll have to physically get back to make the report.

Reward:
  • Exp: 320
"Scouting's like, my strongest suit and stuff! Just leave it to me and you'll have your information!"

Famous last words. The Sefirot took six hours getting out of the forest alone, wandering off the dirt trail no less than twenty times when she spotted something interesting. By the time she got to the outer edge of the forest, where the Oni mountain loomed in the distance, it was already pretty damned late.

"Camping out it is!"

Technically, she could have just flown here and back, but the Sefirot was adamant on going by foot. Just because one had wings didn't mean that they'd have to be the primary method of transport all the time! :blob_hmph: So she made some distance into the plains, towards the mountain, and stopped somewhere in between.

"Ano, ano, excuse me~"

The stalks of wheat were higher than her shoulders, and little grains trickled down her clothing as she brushed her way through them. It was pretty pitch black by this point, but Elaine had night vision and thus had no need for a source of light. Another perk of being a Sefirot.

(This part was not reported.)

"Now, let's see here. I want somewhere to bunk in for the night, so---eh?"

Brushing aside another sheaf of wheat brought her looking right in the face of a young girl with horns on her head.

"Uhm...Hello?"

The young girl raised her flaming sword.

"Die!"

A few minutes and lots of loud noises later, they managed to put out the fire. Elaine was now sharing a sweetened bun with the girl.

"That's a pretty rad sword you've got there. Handmade?"

"Uhn. Taken from the fires of Jigoku itself."

"That's hell in your culture, yeah? Sweet! So what can it do besides being the nightmare of farmers everywhere?"

"Uhm. Cannot reveal secrets to strangers. Would be scolded by Mother."

"True, true. But we fought, didn't we? So we're friends now."

The little girl perked up.

"Oooh! We're friends?"

"Yep! Best friends!"

Elaine lied as naturally as she breathed. But the little girl didn't notice.

"Yay! Hii found a friend!"

"Oh, so that's your name?"

"Un! What's yours?"

"Can me, uh...Tree! Yep! Call me Miss Tree! Nice to meet you, Hii!"

"Yaaay~"

And so, under the light of the disapproving moon, Elaine made the somewhat naïve little girl spill every secret she knew. This included the route which the oni took in order to reach Fuyu Machi, cleverly obtained when the Sefirot brought up the topic of how the little girl shouldn't be out so late at night.

"It's fine! Hii knows the way back to my house!"

"Oh, really? What a clever girl you are! Could you show me the way around?"

And so the main objective of her mission was settled. Now she had to contend with one more thing while she stood at the entrance, at the foot of the Oni Mountain.

"Wahh! You cannot come with me to meet Mother?"

Of course I cannot! She'll see right through me!

Elaine retorted thus in her head, but retained her gentle demeanour.

"Sorry, but I can't follow you because, uhm...I can only come out at night! I have to be gone when dawn arrives, and it's almost dawn!"

"Oooh! So you're a yurei!"

"Yes, that's right!"

Yes, like hell it is! Can a ghost even carry you around? Thank god the kid's a kid.

After making promises to continue coming over to visit regularly, the Sefirot finally managed to take her leave, waving goodbye with all of her information problems solved.

Guess I'll be striking this part out of my report! I'll just say I found their tracks and followed them here with impeccable stealth.

Unknowingly, Elaine would end up accidentally covering her tracks perfectly. The girl would later report to 'Mother' that she'd met a 'Miss Tree' in the middle of the night and that she was a ghost, with all the innocence of a young girl, and that would end up giving her the amazing identity to continue interacting with the little oni. But that was another matter for another day.

*****​

And thus, once again, the Sefirot went back to the city with the information she'd painstakingly obtained, and when asked how she'd chanced on so much information...

"They really aren't subtle. If you follow the broken branches, the scorch marks and the footprints, you'll get there easily."

Once more, Elaine lied as naturally as she breathed.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal

After a very... Complicated week where I couldn't focus much on helping the guild out, I decided to help out a bit at the desk again, although there was quite a pile of reports I did not have the opportunity to read through as they were delivered long ago.

In the middle of that, I found one that was forgotten by chance, by miss (?) Okarin... I wonder how she's (?) doing, it's been a while since I last heard of her (?)... I should ask how to refer to her (?) next time we meet.

For now, let's see the report...
Quest report - unevaluated

Quest report - Okarin

Sleep deprivation. It wasn't exactly good for you.

That said, insomnia wasn't something that a person willingly controlled, and instead Okarin laid awake until the first rays of sunlight peaked above the clouds in Yato Machi. It was an a particularly unpleasant feeling... for night to turn to morning... yet to not have slept for much of it. The futon was soft, but no amount of creature comforts made this luxurious residence any more welcoming than Okarin's shack in Scribel.

The Japanese-style room felt cold and empty.

It was morning.

—Good morning.

Ah, perhaps Okarin should say it aloud. That was the polite way to do it.

"Good morning," Okarin said to the birds outside of their balcony.

They tried to smile.

There was no response.

No real surprises there.

+ + +​

Okarin spent the first hour of the morning folding their futon and putting it away with their one arm.

In theory, they were still supposed to be recuperating, but that two-faced shrine maiden flying snake (seriously, those Eastern dragons? They're just flying snakes!) had politely offered to let Okarin rest a few more days before giving them chores around the shrine. Truthfully, their relationship was still heavily strained, and Okarin hated the miko in almost every way.

In Okarin's opinion, she was the type of person who smiled at you and pretended to be nice... the kind who acted cute and helpless for the sake of being cute... when in reality she was poisonous and predatory as a snake because well... (she's a flying snake!!!). :blob_hmph: :blob_hmph: :blob_hmph:

The slime person strolled to one of the natural springs on the mountain. The White River began on the slopes of the Winter Mountain, and there were many hot springs and mineral springs dotted across the slopes. Okarin walked to a nearby spring hidden behind a bamboo grove, and confirmed that nobody was nearby. They quickly removed their clothes, tucked it in a small corner, and slipped into the spring.

And no, Okarin wasn't taking a vacation.

This was serious hardcore bathing. :blob_hmph: Slime training!

Okarin badly needed to recover mass, and for a slime person that meant drinking a lot of water and eating lots of vegetation. Okarin paddled over to a patch of ivy and bamboo shoots that was growing off of a rock and they... simply... sat directly on top of it.

*glub* *glub* *glub*

*glub* *glub*

The slime person stared awkwardly off to the side.

*glub* *glub* *glub* *glub*

*glub* *glub* *glub*

*glub* *glub*

Yeah... that was pretty much it.

The next step was sit here and stare off into space nonstop for the... next two weeks...?

Just to regrow their arm...?

The training was obvious very... intense...

Well, maybe not.

But welp, that was the life of a slime, right?

Okarin stared at the wall of bamboo.

They twiddled their fingers.

+ + +​

Anyhow, stuff for a quest report.

The water was... mineral-y.

Since yeah, it's a mineral spring.

It had a faint taste of mana. Lots of things in grown Yato Machi have a faint mana-like flavor.

There are these small fishies that swim around in the spring. They're too small for a person to eat, but they're cute little goldfish.

In general, Yato Machi was extremely safe. There weren't any real threats on the mountain or in the city itself.

The other thing about Yato Machi was that there were these little stone dragon statues everywhere... like little figurines.

Gaahhhh, Okarin hated those dragon statues.

It reminded them of the miko who was....

"Stupid flying snakes!" Okarin muttered aloud as they submerged their face and blew bubbles in the spring.

"Who's a stupid flying snake?" A voice chimed in out of nowhere.

"I mean those dra—"

Okarin froze.

They slowly turned their head around.

A short little girl was floating above the water and smiling at Okarin.

"Were you about to say draaa~ gon~ ?" She said cheerfully.

Okarin choked and almost bolted out of the spring.

Although they remembered at the last minute that they were naked.

"Oh, Seiryuu... Not you! Definitely not you!" Okarin mumbled somewhat non-distinctly.

"Sora isn't the only dragon on the Winter Mountain, you know~"

The Azure Dragon still had an amicable attitude.

"I thought you didn't usually come up to Yato Machi?" Okarin said, attempting to deflect the topic.

"Eh? I'm anywhere and everywhere the River is! The springs are part of the river, so of course I'm here~"

Okarin blinked a few times.

"So even the hot springs...?"

"Yup! I see and hear everything! In the women's bath houses and the men's!"

The young slime blushed all of a sudden, although they weren't entirely sure why.

"W-Wait so... so... you really see everything...?"

"Of course! I also don't mind that you're drinking my water either, although it kind of tickles a little."

"So I'm basically eating you...?!"

For some weird reason Okarin was shocked to hear this.

As a life-long vegetarian... the very concept of eating a sentient organism was equivalent to a terrifying revelation.

"It's not a big deal though, y'know?"

The little river dragon puffed out her chest.

"It's my divine duty to give life to Fuyu Machi and the surrounding villages. I protect the city, bless the rain, wash the earth, and bring water to the farms. Without me, there wouldn't be a Fuyu Machi at all! I'm pretty amazing, right? Right? Right?! I'm clearly the best Guardian!"

Apparently, Seiryuu had a bit of an ego.

"I... see..." Okarin was still stunned from shock.

So essentially Seiryuu could feel, see, and hear everything that happened near moving water in this entire region?

That posed a little bit of a problem. It was also a ridiculous ability.

Okarin was a deeply private person... especially when it came to... feeding...

Weirdly, they felt somewhat violated.

Was there really no other way for Okarin to regenerate themselves away from the prying eyes of the river guardian?

"Anyhow I'm curious about when you got here. What in the world happened to that lizardgirl? All of the bones in her body were shattered! It was really quite something. A really ugly sight to behold when you stumbled by the White River. You're an extraordinarily lucky slime!"

Memories flashed through Okarin's mind, and the slime person straightened.

They bowed deeply.

"I never got a chance to thank you for that. You saved us."

The river dragon girl shrugged, and then she grinned.

"I heard you're a little ball of trouble, aren't you? Got an entire building destroyed less than a few hours in?"

"That was an extraordinary situation."

"Hai~ Hai~ Totally believable~"

"What happened to the lizardgirl, by the way. Is she okay?"

"Hmm? You don't know her name? I would have thought you must have been close traveling companions, especially the way you painstakingly dragged her over here in her state. She was pretty much next-to-dead, you know?"

"Ah... I met her along the way. Ran into an oni. Her brother died though. I hope she's doing okay. I want to go see her later."

"Hmm... You're a weird one."

"Excuse me?"

Seiryuu did a little spin and floated in the air upside down, her hair hanging.

"You're pretty talkative right now. But last night you were gloomy. The evening before, you were bouncing off of walls from excitement. And the in afternoon you looked like you were ready to slice poor Sora up into little ribbons (scawy~!). I haven't gotten a good read on your personality~!"

Okarin stared for a bit at the river dragon's eyes.

Then they looked down at their hands.

"My personality, huh?"

"Right now, you're mellow! Mellow like Mello-rin! There's also Dere-karin, Yan-karin, Dan-karin... is there a Tsun-karin?"

"I don't know what those terms mean..."

"Mhm~ But I don't dislike the way that you are right now either~ So don't worry about it!"

Seiryuu seemed to be especially frivolous and light-hearted.

"Okay... Thanks..."

"Anyhow, I have to get going now! I just wanted to say hi to the resident herb slime! Oh, and don't eat all the plants off the riverbank! I like to keep a bunch of them around, so don't eat everything~!"

The dragon gave a quick wave and promptly disappeared into the water before Okarin could respond.

The slime was left staring at an empty natural spring at a bamboo grove on the slopes of the Winter Mountain.

Okarin blinked a few times.

And then they sighed.
*sighs after finishing reading the report*
*writes a letter to Fuyu Machi, addressed to Okarin*

"Dear Miss (?) Okarin, I'm sorry to hear about your arm, but I am glad to hear that it is slowly recuperating.

"I am writing this letter to give you the evaluation of a quest you did for the guild some time back... And while I'm sure The Goddess appreciate your efforts, I cannot give you a full reward from what you wrote in it.

"The information you have provided essentially tells us that there is a heavy mana concentration in the Fuyu Machi region, and that its River Guardian is Omnipresent in its domain. That information on its own is of course appreciated, but I'm afraid it is not nearly enough to clear the quest requirements.

"May the gods grant you the insight to do more research before submitting a quest.

"With prayers for a safe recovery,
"-Nene."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 17G

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

Epsil

EVALUATED
> > >
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
I finally got a quest where I could do some good old detective work. I perused the list to find the most recent dissapearence.

Holly Bentha, aged 9, female: short, short orange hair, middle class, last seen wearing a white shirt and black skirt.

Setting of quickly, I made my way around town. I questioned people about her.

"An orange haired kid? No I haven't seen her."

"Who?"

"No we haven't seen anyone come by with that description."

I spent hours scouring the town. Checking bakeries, shops, even the red light district! But still, I couldn't find a single hint. It's like she just vanished off the face of the earth.

This is hopeless., I thought to myself as I rapped the wooden door.

An middle aged fat man answered the door.

"Whaddya want?"

"Have you seen a orange haired -"

"NO, NOW GO AWAY." He said slamming the door.

Onto the next hou- wait is that?

Bending down, I spotted a short orange hair. It didn't look to belong to that of an orange cat either. An unknown rage filled me.

Angered, I went back to the door and knocked.

"I SAID GO AWAY."

"Cut the bullshit. they're here aren't they.", I snidely spoke.

"No she isn't here. Whoever you're looking for."

I jabbed his face, followed by a knee to his stomach. He fell down.

"I never said it was a she."

I kicked the downed man in the stomach.

"Tell me where she is.", Alias yelled as he held the floored man's neck from behind.

"Upstairs."

"Bull shit.", I smashed the man's face into the wooden floor, then lifted it up.

"Where is she!", I screamed.

"Downstairs in the basement."

"LIE!", I smashed the man's face into the floor again, followed by hitting his nose with the butt of his gun, multiple times.

"WHERE IS SHE!", Alias shrieked.

"Undew the twapdoow, Twepdoow Undew wug. Pwese no moaw.", the man protested.

I smashed the man's face into the floor one last time, knocking him out.

I pulled the rug, and found the trap door. I opened it, and found the girl. She was crying and cowering in the small tiny space.

"It's going to be okay."

I reached my hand out to her, but she shied away. It was covered in the bastard's blood after all.

I cleaned my hand with the rug, and carefully carried her out.

I delivered her to the Adventurer's Guild and stayed with her until her parents came to take her back.

They thanked me and showered me in praise. I didn't care though. I was too busy in thought.

Had I changed?

Last edited: