Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
Have anyone decided on making their own fandom page along with a server , just to avoid people changing what you have made in your novel.
Or was it for different reasons?

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Yeah, I have. fandom because i release chapters infrequently so people can go there and easily figure out what's what. discord for a similar reason, to let people know my progress on the next chapter.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Have anyone decided on making their own fandom page along with a server , just to avoid people changing what you have made in your novel.
No but a reader made a server for my story on his own. I think it was a a mistake to use it as my story's server tho cuz I'm not even a damn mod on it anymore. They took away my admin cuz I kept making people mods and fucking around lol. Which I dont even see the harm in, they didnt have certain right and who tf cares if they can change names?

Anyway I regret making that the main server I use for my story but its whatever I dont vare very much either.

Another reader has recently made a wiki page for my main story too. I dont really know how far she went into making it tho.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Not at all... And even if I was popular enough to the point a wiki felt worthwhile, I'd never use fandom for it... >.>

And well, I wouldn't really make a wiki either tbh, I'd rather spend the time writing the story instead of working on a wiki... At most I'd make a glossary for my novel.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
No. It feels embarrassing to pretend like Ai-chan is hot stuff all on Ai-chan's own. If other people make such pages, that's fine, but Ai-chan wouldn't do that for Ai-chan's own work. It's like Van Gogh paying all the newspapers to give his paintings glowing praises in his own words as a critic of his own works.

Over here, we have a saying, "put yourself into a basket and carrying it yourself". Obviously it wouldn't work because how can you carry the basket when you're inside the basket. It's shameful to pretend like Ai-chan is hot stuff, but it's fine if other people think Ai-chan is hot stuff.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
That is actually what I'm planning to do for my new label. I'm planning many stories and I want to keep track of them, so I'm going to make a website/wiki to give readers info about the writing process, planning, character bios, all the good stuff. I also need a place to bring the readers together as a community, and that's going to be a challenge.

There's a fear that the subject matter, age gap romance, will cause the site owners to shut down whatever community I have built or have people report it based on its appearance alone. A former Discord server and account I owned was banned and deleted due to child exploitation, or something like that, when I really just told someone in private chat that I was a lolicon. I never made this public nor did I actually post anything suggestive, and yet Discord took it all away as if I had. I even had my Twitter account, which has nothing to do with anything and hasn't been active in months, disabled and I suspect it's from the same people who reported me to Discord.

That's why I'm thinking I should have a community in as many platforms as possible in case one gets shut down so that everyone can transfer over. But even that is not a solution, I need a central hub that isn't in fear of being taken away. I have a feeling that the only safe place to actually do so is Pixiv due to... well, let's just say, considering what you can find in there if you turn off the adult filter (and even with that...), my stuff is going to be the tamest thing with the lolicon tag.

_oinkchan

No but a reader made a server for my story on his own. I think it was a a mistake to use it as my story's server tho cuz I'm not even a damn mod on it anymore. They took away my admin cuz I kept making people mods and fucking around lol. Which I dont even see the harm in, they didnt have certain right and who tf cares if they can change names?

Anyway I regret making that the main server I use for my story but its whatever I dont vare very much either.

Another reader has recently made a wiki page for my main story too. I dont really know how far she went into making it tho.
Lol I know a guy who changed the names of everyone in the server to lolicon

JK-Sama

I've thought about a discord but never went through with it, but if I had a fan-made one created I'd be more than happy to join it.

AuthorSME

Yeah, but I don't really have the time to upkeep my Wiki page. Sometimes fans will do stuff on it, but I'm more likely to just have a google doc as a compendium for people to understand who is who, seeing as I have a pretty broad world with many characters across several series I update regularly. It's one reason I have a recap on the public chapters.

A discord? Yes, I have my own, which I primarily use to communicate with people and update when I release chapters for those that have the tags for which series they are following.

I was just checking SH and saw this posted at the top and thought I'd put it down. I've talked to Pirateaba a few times about a personal site, and she recommends it but suggests you research which service you want to use as your host. You'd also want to make sure your security package is decent because you don't want to screw over your fans.

Personally, I haven't made the leap to a personal site, but it is a good idea if you get enough people that would use it, in my opinion.

LilTV1155

I don't have a discord, Twitter, or instagram account. But I plan to make my own form of wkki on Wordpres because I don't understand fandom wikis.

It's for selfish reasons: to track vocabs, names, characters, and etc. Except for pictures due to data storage restriction. I'm thinking of creating my personal thread with my amateur drawings like a webtoon. Someday.
That is actually what I'm planning to do for my new label. I'm planning many stories and I want to keep track of them, so I'm going to make a website/wiki to give readers info about the writing process, planning, character bios, all the good stuff. I also need a place to bring the readers together as a community, and that's going to be a challenge.

There's a fear that the subject matter, age gap romance, will cause the site owners to shut down whatever community I have built or have people report it based on its appearance alone. A former Discord server and account I owned was banned and deleted due to child exploitation, or something like that, when I really just told someone in private chat that I was a lolicon. I never made this public nor did I actually post anything suggestive, and yet Discord took it all away as if I had. I even had my Twitter account, which has nothing to do with anything and hasn't been active in months, disabled and I suspect it's from the same people who reported me to Discord.

That's why I'm thinking I should have a community in as many platforms as possible in case one gets shut down so that everyone can transfer over. But even that is not a solution, I need a central hub that isn't in fear of being taken away. I have a feeling that the only safe place to actually do so is Pixiv due to... well, let's just say, considering what you can find in there if you turn off the adult filter (and even with that...), my stuff is going to be the tamest thing with the lolicon tag.
:blob_frown: Well I'm not surprised. But I have long heard about a certain law protecting minors and children from the Internet's malicious exploitations, usually related to implicit/explicit materials or heavy controversial matters in some forms. And people nowadays are very sensitive to those things due to bad experiences and etc.

But why did you admit that to someone even in a private chat?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Lol I know a guy who changed the names of everyone in the server to lolicon
Well, at least he had a sense of humor~
When you trust people, you tend to be more willing to talk to them about personal stuff. Either because you want to open up to someone about it, or because an opportunity appeared and you felt comfortable enough to mention it~

It just so happened that the person you replied to happened to trust the wrong person.

deltanz

Vanguard Squad
I first started out posting pages to a fandom for FF stories based around High School DxD, which is what I write stories about, but due to how their rules are setup I made my own fandom site just for my stories which I'm slowly updating here and there.

D

Deleted member 45782

Didn't know about others can change what you have in your novel.

Other than a discord server that only I am, nope. Not popular and not serious about writing to bother. Created a discord server back when wanted place for writing tips and guides -somewhere where all genres are listed so its helpful to look back from time to time; and a discord server in case write more stories on diff accts and want connect list them all in one place somewhere. but im too lazy to even write so eh.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
:blob_frown: Well I'm not surprised. But I have long heard about a certain law protecting minors and children from the Internet's malicious exploitations, usually related to implicit/explicit materials or heavy controversial matters in some forms. And people nowadays are very sensitive to those things due to bad experiences and etc.

That's a very long winded answer that will take time to explain, and if you follow along, you'll get that answer eventually. But to put it simply, I just want to be myself. Yes, I know this is controversial, I'm feeling the burden of it now that I am being open about it, yet at the same time, I'm being bombarded with all this talk about being yourself, diversity, acceptance, blah blah blah. At the time I told that person in private about who I was, someone made a comment about loli art and they said "f**k lolicons". I felt offended by that so I confided in a person I trust about it. I wanted to let them know that not everyone who is a lolicon is a creep or stalks children. I even said I don't believe a child and a adult can be in a relationship and I'm making sure my stories do not support that. But even with that, I was discarded by them. This is making me very angry, very confused, very anxious. That's why I'm not doing that anymore, keeping it a secret. I'm sick and tired of it, and that's why I'm open about it now.

And I'm sure by now you want to mention professional help. Yes, that is something I will be seeking. I do need the assistance of a professional to help me with this journey I'm starting with. My hope is that by seeking professional assistance, I can educate not just myself, but everyone else. I truly, strongly believe, this needs to be talked about more so than ever.

When you trust people, you tend to be more willing to talk to them about personal stuff. Either because you want to open up to someone about it, or because an opportunity appeared and you felt comfortable enough to mention it~

It just so happened that the person you replied to happened to trust the wrong person.

Yup, pretty much.