Are you American?

• Yep

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Nopish

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
First of all, no. There are 50 states, the rest are territories. And yes, there is a difference, because states have different rights under our constitution and bill of rights, among other things.

Los Angeles is a city in California, pretty sure it means the city of angels or some shit like that.
The original name of LA is El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula. :blob_popcorn:
El stupido
You're missing an "e" over there.

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
Where are the +2 coming from?

Jelly brain i eat
I remember being told it was from Puerto Rico and another colony bur upon googling it up now, it looks like a mistaken assumption~

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Do you know how many states there are in USA?

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
When you say American, I guess you mean from the United States, right?

I'm from a small poor banana republic from the heart of South America.

There are 50 states plus DC, but don't ask me to name them all!

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
50 States. Numerous territories. I don't know why people only mention Puerto Rico, because there is also Wake Island, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, ...so basically a bunch of islands. Though only those born on Guam, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands gain U.S. citizenship by birth. Idk why those on Wake Island and American Samoa don't, though they can apply for citizenship and are never turned down...which means its a bunch of paperwork for nothing really but whatevs...

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
For any other one that isn't American wondering how large the USA is, the USA is about 9.8 million kilometers squared. That means that the USA is only slightly smaller than the entirety of Europe which is 10.18 million kilometers squared.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
For any other one that isn't American wondering how large the USA is, the USA is about 9.8 million kilometers squared. That means that the USA is only slightly smaller than the entirety of Europe which is 10.18 million kilometers squared.
The U.S. also has the third largest population, with only China and India having more people.

Agentt

Thighs
When you say American, I guess you mean from the United States, right?

I'm from a small poor banana republic from the heart of South America.

There are 50 states plus DC, but don't ask me to name them all!
Banana republics, eh, you shall be an interesting study
The U.S. also has the third largest population, with only China and India having more people.
While we are praising them, they also have the largest number of English speakers.

Also, they are 3rd rank now? When I was a vee little boy, they were at 4th.

T.K._Paradox

Every tourist I have met has always expect the country to be way smaller.

They also suffer from, 'every american state has the same culture and values' syndrome. Ignoring the fact that America has a multitude of blended cultures in it.

Detroit is not the same as New Orleans, and so on and so forth.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Also, they are 3rd rank now? When I was a vee little boy, they were at 4th.
Don't see how since the 4th is Indonesia which is almost 60 million below the U.S. and their hasn't been a drastic change in population size in the U.S. since the early 80's and the last real massive boost in population was the 50's with the Baby Boomers as they are called.
Detroit is not the same as New Orleans, and so on and so forth.
Fuck yes this. Every tourist I've ever met at some point in time asked me about Hollywood and I'm like....stop it. No one but Californians themselves like California. Most people with reasonable intelligence in the U.S. sees California for the soul-sucking leech it is and wishes Californians would stay in California and quit spreading their nonsense to the rest of the country.

But tourists just seem confused when you say, "nope, Hollywood is just a movie place, all I know." And lol....Discount mentioned Chinese people coming to Chinatown in NYC and asking "why so many european people in Chinatown". I'm not even sure what to say about that one. And then I had run-ins with French people (not a fan of French people), in Detroit who seemed confused as to why we didn't have more "Ma n Pop Burger shops" and I'm like...what? Does everyone think America eats only burgers? I asked them if they were going to share the frog-legs and they cursed me in French and left.

Last edited:

atgongumerki

just pretend Russia (most of which really is not in Europe) and that piece of turkey don't belong to Europe, like the rest of us, and USA will be way bigger than Europe

T.K._Paradox

@SilvCrimBlac there are a surprising amount of French tourists in Michigan. I was in Frankenmuth not that long ago, and I went to a sit down diner with my friend and the table across from me which had a young French couple, wouldn't stop complaining about the food and talking shit about everyone around them.