How does it feel?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It mostly feels good, but I feel a bit guilty I've had to put their stories on hold because of my baby.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
As a guy who develops absolute hours into character creation to fit an intended bill, nothing fuels the happiness meter quite as well as someone else recognizing your OC for who they are.

Like when tiaf described Shiro, one of my OCs, as "always cool and composed". That was exactly what I intended when I designed him.

You hear that @tiaf?

Back in the Christmas thread I made?

Yeah, that's still stuck in my mind, and thinking about it makes me smile everytime. Like a reassurance that in my mistake throttled life, I'm at least doing SOMETHING right.

This is becoming one of those "boy recieve one compliment, remembers it for twenty years" post, isn't it?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
As a guy who develops absolute hours into character creation to fit an intended bill, nothing fuels the happiness meter quite as well as someone else recognizing your OC for who they are.

Like when tiaf described Shiro, one of my OCs, as "always cool and composed". That was exactly what I intended when I designed him.

You hear that @tiaf?

Back in the Christmas thread I made?

Yeah, that's still stuck in my mind, and thinking about it makes me smile everytime. Like a reassurance that in my mistake throttled life, I'm at least doing SOMETHING right.

This is becoming one of those "boy recieve one compliment, remembers it for twenty years" post, isn't it?
Now you exposed me, I do the same whenever I post art somewhere. :blob_melt: Even at the expense of the five more minutes sleep

ASHARA

I don't know man sometimes I feel like people clicked on my story by accident and that is the only reason I get views.

But the thought I could bring someone out there happiness or get them invested in the plot with my storytelling skills is one of the big reasons I keep writing.
I don't know man sometimes I feel like people clicked on my story by accident and that is the only reason I get views.

But the thought I could bring someone out there happiness or get them invested in the plot with my storytelling skills is one of the big reasons I keep writing.
You're good dude, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. As long as you enjoy it write as much as you like.

Topgun1908

I think I only have about fifty readers but it's still insane that people actually care about what I'm writing. Especially since I am currently just winging the entire plot because I was too lazy to figure out where I wanted to take my story. I don't want to disappoint anyone because I was too lazy to create the plot ahead of time. I love the characters I've created so far and I wish I wasn't so bad at describing how my characters look.

Last edited:

LilTV1155

How does it feel knowing that your OC's are known to people? Albeit a select few people but still, how does it feel knowing that some people actually care about your OC's? That they may make headcanon about in their spare time? That they look forward to reading more about these characters that you've created? Does it feel good?
Don't know. Never happened to me, cause my stuffs are not complete yet.

But very few people visit one of my thread called Personal Drawing (Storyboard Actually [Probably?] ). I do feel good about it and I have a fan viewer/reader. So it's nice to demonstrate my visual storytelling even if it's simply stick doodles. I am really happy about that even if it's only 1 reader, who looking forward to my drawings.

Do you think to yourself that maybe you shouldn't make those OC's suffer because someone else cares for them? Or are you like me and do everything in your power to crank the suffering and depression to the max before shoving them in a meth pipe of a situation where they will surely suffer more? Do you like it? Are you happy?
As for the OCs in my stories suffering . . . . yes, I do think a lot about their suffering. But it's a complicated mixture of both - Don't hurt them and Hurt them more.

Tbh, I don't really like making my OCs suffer more than necessary. But their fates or their stories were created by my darker moods and got stuck that way. The additional suffering were complicated bonuses from my overactive hyperimagination and desire to make the OCs' background more detailed and connected. Point is - Sufferings are necessary plot-drivers because it is conflicts that move characters' plots.

But since their stories are not out yet and I'm still stuck at their introduction chapters, I'm not that happy. I can't drop it, because I really want to tell and keep their stories. On the other hands, I am still looking through forums for way to improve my writing styles to make the introduction scenes and location description easier to flow for readers. It's hard work.

Armorien

Honestly, it makes me really happy to know that people genuinely care about my characters. And seeing them react, emphasize or even hate them brings me a lot of joy.