peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
I have school in like, 5 hours, and I can't sleep
Usually I would just stay awake till I can't but that doesn't work here
And I don't know if my new Maths teacher is chill or not
Help

D

Deleted member 45782

Breathe. It sounds like the anxiety of new stuff. Its normal to feel that way when we can't really tell what to expect. Either way, you'll get through it.
Breathe and relax. Think of the ocean. I prefer pulling myself into another daydream where I imagine I'm in some fantasy land and good things happen. Close your eyes and think of your transmigrated story character.

Turn off all electronic applications. Lay down. Breathe. Exhale. Repeat a dozen times. Always remember, be it good or bad, you'll get through this. Breathe. Exhale.

If class music bores you, you can listen to it repeat to fall asleep.

- people in yt comments say the voice is soothing; some says helps them sleep. forgot which video she was turning something into bread again.

Last edited by a moderator:

TotallyHuman

I am probably late but here's a piece of advice: don't think about sleeping, just lie on the bed and think of other things.

Vnator

On top of the other suggestions, resetting yourself if you're really restless helps. Get up, head to the kitchen and drink some water, maybe do some dishes, and then head back. Do NOT look at the clock or your phone, that'll just make your anxiety worse. Blue light from electronics makes it worse as well.

I realized that my difficulty sleeping was caused by too much gas, and drinking some hot water steeped with carom seeds helps a ton with that.

All the best!

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I have school in like, 5 hours, and I can't sleep
Usually I would just stay awake till I can't but that doesn't work here
And I don't know if my new Maths teacher is chill or not
Help
For one, stop using your phone. Stop keeping your mind active and don't think, not even thinking about thinking.

morhamza

ASMR, definitely ASMR. You try the massage ones, I'm partial to those. Experiment with it and find the one that works for you. They knock me out in 15 minutes or less.

Razmatazz

Dungeon Cultist
Forget all of this horse-hockey. Here are my real-world old man tips that I've collected over the years.

• Blue-light filter for your phone and PC
  • Wear socks to bed (You want to keep your core and head cool, but your hands and feet warm. Socks, gloves, boxers is ideal, if you don't mind looking goofy)
  • Keep the room as dark as possible
  • Keep the room as cold as reasonably possible
  • Get up at the same time every day. Go to bed at the same time every day
  • Make sure you always get at least 7 hours of sleep
  • Don't eat food 3 hours before bed
  • Don't drink anything 1 hour before bed
  • Don't drink any caffeine when your bed-time is in less than 8 hours
    • Alcohol and THC do not put you to sleep, they sedate you. Sedation is not the same as sleep. The lights might be out, but your body isn't doing the work that it should be doing
  • If you practice breathwork meditation, just do the same thing in bed, but slower

Getting good sleep is 90% sleep-hygiene. Asmr and Nyquil and all of that stuff might be helpful, but they aren't going to fix a broken foundation of sleep.

Last edited:

Mechaphobic

A lot of people think that you can do sill things like wearing more clothes or other things. The real answer is always drugs, and what you want is called melatonin. I do lines of this shit, and always regret it. Why? Why do I always torment myself? But seriously, it's cheap and it works.

Jemini

Oh boy. I have several long-term suggestions to help with sleep, but very few for such a short term.

Well, the best off the list among the scant few options available would probably be a good sleep meditation. First, do a breathing exercise and imagine a serene relaxing field covered in green grass. Gently blowing breezes and all of that. Do this until you feel your mind calming and your body relaxing.

After you manage to make yourself relax in this way (only after, do not progress onto the next step until you have reached a relaxed state,) you should start counting your breaths. Go backward from 100, and count down. You are not just counting down from 100, you have to focus on your breath and only count down by one each time you release a breath. Keep your breathing slow and even throughout, and also keep up your relaxing meditation the entire time. Try to get yourself even deeper into your relaxed meditative state as you are counting down.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Forget all of this horse-hockey. Here are my real-world old man tips that I've collected over the years.

• Blue-light filter for your phone and PC
  • Wear socks to bed (You want to keep your core and head cool, but your hands and feet warm. Socks, gloves, boxers is ideal, if you don't mind looking goofy)
  • Keep the room as dark as possible
  • Keep the room as cold as reasonably possible
  • Get up at the same time every day. Go to bed at the same time every day
  • Make sure you always get at least 7 hours of sleep
  • Don't eat food 3 hours before bed
  • Don't drink anything 1 hour before bed
  • Don't drink any caffeine when your bed-time is in less than 8 hours
    • Alcohol and THC do not put you to sleep, they sedate you. Sedation is not the same as sleep. The lights might be out, but your body isn't doing the work that it should be doing
  • If you practice breathwork meditation, just do the same thing in bed, but slower

Getting good sleep is 90% sleep-hygiene. Asmr and Nyquil and all of that stuff might be helpful, but they aren't going to fix a broken foundation of sleep.
7/10 of these are mantras my grandparents recite to my ears on a daily basis so much so that they've managed to brainwash me into actually sleeping before midnight and getting up at around 9 - 10 like clockwork

Generik0

Masturbation

In all honesty, though Exercise puts me to sleep. Plus blinking my eyes fast at an hour helps. But it is better to establish a natural sleep schedule.

SailusGebel

You can find some jabroni to wrestle with so that he will, ehhh, knock you out.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've found that writing by hand helps to get me to sleep. However, I can't do that these days because I have to hold my nipple in my baby's mouth, so I've been singing to my baby instead.

Looking at the blue light from electronics can prevent your body from producing melatonin. Using a red or amber light in the bedroom can help, too. Personally, I use a lamp with three of these:
I've also used red fairy lights in the past, but I don't currently have those set up:
STUDY! Such a simple solution.
Yes, I did this back when I was in university, but that's all behind me now! It is particularly helpful for memorization. I hate memorization, and I would up taking a viticulture and enology class that was supposed to be one of my fun classes but turned out to be mostly memorization. I'd look at my notes before bed and just repeat the information in my head until I went to sleep. I don't remember much of it today, though. That's the problem with memorization. It doesn't really last the same way that concepts do.

I've been trying to talk my husband into doing it, but he has a habit of playing games and coming to bed at 3am instead.

Last edited: