Spam Hate

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I never said that they are bad or that I judge you for that. I just think that most of them seem copied straight out of the first best hentai and I can tell the difference plotwise.
Never said you thought they were bad or that you've judged me for it. Just stating that hey, sometimes these things ain't so bad if you put down the monocle

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Na, they don't bring guilty pleasure since I don't read them. It's pure, unadulterated disdain.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Is all of it deserved based on the “goodness” of the book? I would argue not — that lots of people rate just because they hate genres, such as BL, or the plot didn’t go a certain way the reader wanted.

I snorted when I read part of that.

As for people downvoting due to disliking the genre....well geez guys...maybe, just maybe, they could....(come close so I can whisper this ancient secret), "DON'T READ THE SHIT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!". Oh wow, just dropped a major knowledge bomb on some folks. I dislike xianxia, gender-bender, BL, GL, and non-humanoid MC's or anything of the like, so guess what I don't read? Ding-ding, you got it: Xianxia, gender-bender, BL, GL, non-humanoid MC's and the like. I also find most ero-stories less "story" and more "ero" and just avoid them on sheer principle. The author's behind them, I don't think they really wanted to write a story, just wanted to explore their own fetishes. But eh, to each their own.

BenJepheneT

I snorted when I read part of that.

As for people downvoting due to disliking the genre....well geez guys...maybe, just maybe, they could....(come close so I can whisper this ancient secret), "DON'T READ THE SHIT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!". Oh wow, just dropped a major knowledge bomb on some folks. I dislike xianxia, gender-bender, BL, GL, and non-humanoid MC's or anything of the like, so guess what I don't read? Ding-ding, you got it: Xianxia, gender-bender, BL, GL, non-humanoid MC's and the like. I also find most ero-stories less "story" and more "ero" and just avoid them on sheer principle. The author's behind them, I don't think they really wanted to write a story, just wanted to explore their own fetishes. But eh, to each their own.
This is my new Live, Laugh, Love fridge magnet

BenJepheneT

However, if you don't label something harem but it's got one guy and multiple girls fawning over him, I don't care how you argue it; that's an instant 1-star from me.
what if the multiple girls have dongs

Discount_Blade

jenny, i love you. you have a great personality, great looks and great hobbies. but sorry. its not you, its me. i cant bring myself to love a girl with a shlong the size of godzilla.
I could have accepted pit bull sized, I could have accepted buffalo sized, I could have accepted even blue whale sized, but come on....this....that THING is ridiculous!!!

BenJepheneT

I could have accepted pit bull sized, I could have accepted buffalo sized, I could have accepted even blue whale sized, but come on....this....that THING is ridiculous!!!
She can't hear you over that massive bolognese

LWFlouisa

I feel like people complaining about book covers is related. I've had to outright mute people on Twitter that only complain about book covers, without really know how a book cover works.

What it ends up coming across is jelous men that don't have anything tangible to critique, so they just latch onto something and hope it sticks, because they'd rather not read something written by a lady. Especially a trans lady.

I don't have a whole lot of money to give people, why would I spend money on an editor like that?

BenJepheneT

because they'd rather not read something written by a lady. Especially a trans lady.
Damn, how much did you endure to get to that conclusion. Sounds pretty extreme if you ask me. Borderline misogynistic, at that.

LWFlouisa

Damn, how much did you endure to get to that conclusion. Sounds pretty extreme if you ask me. Borderline misogynistic, at that.

Basically it's a problem I've had with this guy for a while, I just never got around to muting that person.

Twitter is a whole host of different ... issues.

Discount_Blade

Basically it's a problem I've had with this guy for a while, I just never got around to muting that person.

Twitter is a whole host of different ... issues.
Never used Twitter. Still couldn't tell you what exactly twitter is for besides a shallow/skeleton of facebook....

See, dunno what Twitter is.

jenny, i love you. you have a great personality, great looks and great hobbies. but sorry. its not you, its me. i cant bring myself to love a girl with a shlong the size of godzilla.

what if their ding dong fought against godzilla.