What Are Ultimate Weapons Of Your World!

rain-090

For me, one of the most exciting parts of a story (if it isn't a no combat book) is weapons. Especially the weapons that I can consider as most or one of the most powerful ones.

Because of that, I want to learn what my fellow writers created as their ultimate weapons. (If you don't write or have a favorite ultimate weapon from a book published by somebody else, I want to know that as well, please share it!)

And here's the very amateur painting done by me.

View attachment 10288

A Magical Crystal based orbital cannon! While I am still very far away on my story to add this bad boy into my mc's arsenal. It is on my road map and marked as must be added to the novel.

This thing is charged by the radioactive rays released from the sun (from the purple two crystals) and fired by mages stationed at the gray parts.

While people can use it for destruction, it is a deposit of magic, and experienced mages can use the stored mana to their will.

For example: Creating barriers for the protection of armies and cities or dumping all of the mana stored inside and causing the magic-sensitive creatures (mages, magical beasts, etc.) to die from mana overdose.

It also serves as a space station and can be used for experiments that can cause massive destruction to the planet.
What is the story called?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Story isn't out yet but I already have plans for my MC to go up against these weapons.

Mine is the corpse of the first god. Just the corpse because every other gods (who are the first god's children) actually went and ate his mind/ soul in order to prevent his reincarnation and because it is delicious and nutritious.

They sealed the corpse in a pickle jar in order to ferment it until the body gets soft enough to be eaten or carved up for magic artifact; there is a minor god who managed to pick up the first god's pinky and use it as a wand for necromancy. There are also those who propose wanting to pilot the corpse but because every other gods are selfish and cautious, they ended up picking the compromise of stuffing the body in a jar.

Then some BS happens, the jar broke and out came two person (in my world, corpses can gain a soul for odd reasons), representing the flesh and blood of the corpse, these two are snatched up and got turned into a sceptor and a longsword respectively by the gods.

The person made from god's flesh has some form of time manipulation plus power conversion as he is nearing death's bed and full of wrinkled but his power level is maxed out as far as possible and his power relies on him giving up his own lifespan for power and vice versa. Also, with ever passing moment, he grows stronger just by existing. The old man is left with one minute of lifespan and he has near unlimited strength and speed (not magic) so much so that lesser gods can't even survive his punches and every second he exchange for power his stats doubles.

The spector made from him has the same ability of allowing people to exchange their lifeforce for more power and vice versa, though the exchange rate often fluctuates with response to how much life is left in the owner. The spector itself can also be served as a power source as it has the same ability of power collection.

The person made from god's blood is odd, as he possesses every knowledge about fighting and every style created, past, present and future. The being also has some form of energy manipulation and even conversion capability as he often seen reflecting and diverting attacks, magic or physical back to the senders and double or more force. Due to the interactions of energy when fighting, the person also has the ability to never tire out and dishes out the highest critical hits due to his superb bodily control. Despite not being able to wield magic or perform miracles, he can perform pseudo styles of those by using energies of others against him.

The longsword made from him is a lie, as the weapon is amorphous and can be converted into a cloak, a bow with arrow, a spear and even a cruise missle if required to. Wielder of the weapon is basically undefeatable through strife and conflict as even if it is wielded by a novice, the weapon itself has the capability of stuffing so much knwoledge for war and survival that the user is probably dead by brain hemmorrhage instead. The wielder also never tires out, can't be gravely injured in battle and has the ability to kill anything they set their sight long enough on.

It is also stated not to put the two weapons together, as it was seen in the first time the two person popped out of the jar and they tried to assimilate into one another.

There are also other weapons made from the remaining pieces of the corpse, namely the Unmaker and Kinslayer. The Unmaker is a crossbow that grants its user the ability to time travel into its target's lifetime and kill off the target's past in order to get rid of his present self. Note that there are some techniques and spells in this world that allows the present still surviving, albeit gravely wounded and timeline is a fickle thing and multiple branches can form. The Kinslayer is a longbow that is vicious as it does not only kill its target, but also takes aim at those linked with the target's karmic line, ie friends and family. This bow is designed to kill off races, clans and even entire populations.

Vnator

My story's about an organization of ex-isekai protagonists who banded together to stop people from taking advantage of summoned Earthers. The strongest weapon they currently have at their disposal is codenamed the Eye of Balor. They've set up a series of magical elemental beam attacks that autofire on a signal across various worlds, and have them all go through a portal out a single point.
The result is a massive super laser that can just about one-shot any seriously powerful enemy, and be deployed by anyone that has access to a portal opening mechanism (so just about every soldier in the organization). It takes a while to charge up, consumes a ton of resources, and is only ever really used in the most dire of circumstances due to that and the fact that it's really big and can cause a lot of collateral damage if they're not careful in wielding it.
They use it a bit in my first book, link on the right side of my signature.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
For me, one of the most exciting parts of a story (if it isn't a no combat book) is weapons. Especially the weapons that I can consider as most or one of the most powerful ones.

Because of that, I want to learn what my fellow writers created as their ultimate weapons. (If you don't write or have a favorite ultimate weapon from a book published by somebody else, I want to know that as well, please share it!)

View attachment 10288

A Magical Crystal based orbital cannon! While I am still very far away on my story to add this bad boy into my mc's arsenal. It is on my road map and marked as must be added to the novel.

This thing is charged by the radioactive rays released from the sun (from the purple two crystals) and fired by mages stationed at the gray parts.

While people can use it for destruction, it is a deposit of magic, and experienced mages can use the stored mana to their will.

For example: Creating barriers for the protection of armies and cities or dumping all of the mana stored inside and causing the magic-sensitive creatures (mages, magical beasts, etc.) to die from mana overdose.

It also serves as a space station and can be used for experiments that can cause massive destruction to the planet.
Drugs. Drugs are the strongest weapon. An ungodly amount of drugs

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Drugs. Drugs are the strongest weapon. An ungodly amount of drugs
I agree, provided that it does not kill you first.
It's still way far away until we get there, but is a reincarnation of the fabled Excalibur sword while wielded by a specific person.

Its special ability is to cut "anything" if the wielder can imagine it, so she uses that to cut flowing water to stop it from "flowing", cut light to darken a room, cut wind resistance to be quick or straight up cut momentarily the flow of time to catch up to an enemy.
... All I can think to use it for is to cut the conversation short in company meetings.

Last edited:

Plantorsomething

View attachment 10288

The Great Cluster Mining Outpost. Drill into it and literally collapse reality in on itself from magic overload. Serves as the plot of the story; mining into it destabilized time, and an ancient machine from a dead civilization used it to send some people back in time to prevent the world’s destruction. Can’t give more details than that

Mana. If injected or absorbed in large quantities, it would turn almost anything into ashes. So, you could spike someone's drink, feed them a pill, or drop some on a city. The end result is the same.

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
I haven't write that far yet, but in my story, the MC have a big brother who had an evolution-type armor, I call it 'Eternal Arms Race'. It is basically a living armor. Any attack that does not kill it allows the bio-armor to understand the attack and develop resistance for it. 'Defense is the srongest offense', wasn't it? So for me, the most powerful weapon is an impenetrable armor.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I haven't write that far yet, but in my story, the MC have a big brother who had an evolution-type armor, I call it 'Eternal Arms Race'. It is basically a living armor. Any attack that does not kill it allows the bio-armor to understand the attack and develop resistance for it. 'Defense is the srongest offense', wasn't it? So for me, the most powerful weapon is an impenetrable armor.
So adaptive armor? Cool, like Doomsday in DC.

Still, that means to kill the armor and its user, you just need to go beyond its threshold. My advice for EAR is to shove the thing into the molten core of Earth or straight into the sun. If not, douse the thing with all types of poison, acid and explosions until it can take a nuke without a scratch.

TotallyHuman

IMG_20211105_113447.png

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Ultimate Weapons.....

This is a fun topic. I have an "ultimate" weapon in mind for a series I'm trying to regurgitate onto e-paper as fast as I can in celebration of... No Nut? That's the month, right? Right?

Right right. So, I don't have much for the greater "Storyverse" at large (Primarily because I only have ONE region of ONE planet at ONE time in work). But for that small section, it's a world where magic is very much a thing, and one of the ultimate weapons of that world got some screen time in the literal prologue: A magic that is invisible, and negates any other magic that touches it. It is primarily balanced, among other things, by it being difficult to use. Not going any further because that way literally spoils what it is and how the f*** it works.

Another class of "Ultimate" weapon is using an element's secondary and tertiary properties to cause changes in the physical world. This second "Ultimate" weapon is also a way to attempt to combat the first (I leave this as an exercise for the reader.)

The real ultimate weapon from an uwu perspective is a floating space observatory that provides literally the only hassle-free gender transition in the entire verse ;)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
every weapon works differently under many circumstances but for the most part

this reigns supreme

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
What is the story called?
Emperor Of The North but it is still to far away from reaching this parts of the story.
Literal Embodiment of "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger."

Last edited:

FoolishEndeavour

Haven't written anything.

The ultimate weapon in my story would be a single, one use Golden Wish Ticket. A single wish will be fulfilled, no matter what, whether it be getting the new flavor of ice cream that just came out yesterday, or the end of the universe.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Haven't written anything.

The ultimate weapon in my story would be a single, one use Golden Wish Ticket. A single wish will be fulfilled, no matter what, whether it be getting the new flavor of ice cream that just came out yesterday, or the end of the universe.
Not to be confused with the Iron Pyrite Wish Ticket. Which fulfills your wish, except does so using the most.... shall I say, foolish, methodology and logic available to the source of its power. So while a Golden Ticket might give you a tub of Super Uwu Flavor Ice Cream, the Iron Pyrite ticket will just dump a molten tub of the same over your head >:3

So far, I think the strongest weapon in my story is the MC's own System.

I had a story which the System enabled the MC to easily kill gods in the second chapter and kill every possible threats across all multiverses from past, present, and future without affecting her at all.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So far, I think the strongest weapon in my story is the MC's own System.

I had a story which the System enabled the MC to easily kill gods in the second chapter and kill every possible threats across all multiverses from past, present, and future without affecting her at all.
Ah yes, the most powerful weapon is the author.

Ps. It is still in context right?

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Powers > weapons
I should probably design an ultimate weapon though.

Last edited:

ASHARA

I assume for the dragon's tears thingy your protagonist has some sort of immortality?
Yes. He actually has the blood of the Heavenly Guardian and from a character that I haven't introduced yet.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Neither is mine, but here are two I find interesting. (Different books)

A sword that binds to the first person who draws it.
It makes its wielder immortal and a perfect fighter, but cannot be sheathed again without killing and turns against its owner after 100 murders.

If drawn, the owner can't let go of it, if discarded in its scabbard, it will amass fate to return.

The other is a sapphire rose, trapped form of a divine spirit. With two rings also made from the raw gem its power can be commanded, granting near omnipotence.
The interesting thing here is its origin. Divine spirits race about and amass dust into planets. This one pulled dust of its nemesis attribute, red. Thus imprisoned in its own creation, it was found by a lone miner, who broke other gems into tools just to work this one.