What did you learn today?

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I claimed the strength and certainty of steel.

I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claim to your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you.

One day the cooled biomass that you called a temple will wither and you'll beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved. For the machine is immortal. Even in death i serve the Omnissiah.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I learn that bad habits are a pain to fix.

Made worse by my tendency to reply to chat messages and the person behind always demanding instant reply unless I say I'm driving.
My suggestion for habit and addiction breaking is placebo. Something that can activate whatever brain receptor is beholden to it without actually giving it what it usually gets. Eventually, it will fade. The second option is threats.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
My suggestion for habit and addiction breaking is placebo. Something that can activate whatever brain receptor is beholden to it without actually giving it what it usually gets. Eventually, it will fade. The second option is threats.
Threat works.

I do cow during harm.

Also, finding new methods to distract myself.

Digging for gold and flinging it to other cars is only a short term distraction.

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
I learn that bad habits are a pain to fix.

Made worse by my tendency to reply to chat messages and the person behind always demanding instant reply unless I say I'm driving.
Its a fact known that bad habits are very hard to fix
and why its recommended for parents to stop their children to not have get them in the first place or stop them when they start it.

Humans are repetitive machines.
Even a speaking habit is hard to solve.
Muscle memory is both a great and bad thing.
And brain is also a muscle. (nojokeplz)

As for the "instant messaging"
i would say you are both correct/incorrect.
Incorrect, as its good manner to reply when someone discuss with them. and well.....not replying when clearly seeing what others say is kinda bad.
But also correct, that it depends on context, what they say, situation. Excluding the car situation, if they spam you nonstop, its entering psycho/yandere lvl of possessiveness and its quite bad. (also yes yandere is a thing that exist and often not as pretty as animes, just like everything else)
Also being lazy, so its normal to "not reply". Its human.
I would recommend just telling them the truth.
Yes, lot of situations are simply lack of communication. As humans don't have mind control. And surprisingly, often solved easily by discussion OR at least better "short pain than long pain".
Damn, i knew same thing(2 of them) (and its true what you said)
but the way your phrased it.....Gosh XD its so funny and badass.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I learned that Argentina has a place called Cape San Diego.
That is not confusing at all...

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
:sweating_profusely:
That no wonder young people will never go (or back) to forums and is a thing of the past
when they now have games (+entertainment products)

Near became addicted to "No man sky" (coughFITGIRLcoughREPACKcough)

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
So, today I learned I could get a milkshake + cookie from any McDonald's or BK for just the price of a cookie from Starbucks or similar coffee chains in my city. Though coffee chains have better quality, the difference is abysmal and doesn't justify the price difference. Thanks to that one friend who insisted our friend group go to a BK instead of a coffee shop, I guess.

Omnifarious

melchi

What is a custom title?
I learned that there are some places in south america where they speak low german.

Omnifarious

During 1672, which the Dutch refer to as the disaster year, France and England attacked the Republic in the Franco-Dutch War. De Witt was severely wounded by a knife-wielding assassin on 21 June. He resigned as Grand Pensionary on 4 August, but this was not enough for his enemies.

His brother Cornelis (who was deputy-in-the-field for de Ruyter at the Raid on the Medway), particularly hated by the Orangists, was arrested on trumped-up charges of treason. He was tortured (as was usual under Roman-Dutch law, which required a confession before a conviction was possible) but refused to confess.

Nevertheless, he was sentenced to exile. When his brother went over to the jail (which was only a few steps from his house) to help him get started on his journey, both were attacked by members of The Hague's civic militia.

The brothers were shot and then left to the mob. Their naked, mutilated bodies were strung up on the nearby public gibbet, while the Orangist mob ate their roasted livers in a cannibalistic frenzy. Throughout it all, a remarkable discipline was maintained by the mob, according to contemporary observers, lending doubt as to the spontaneity of the event.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
That people are thirsty for models who promoting dresses on YouTube. The dudes get hung up on one girl and make lewd comments. When she does not appear often, they get aghast.