What will happen if humans lay eggs instead of giving birth?

D

Deleted member 45782

It went like this: as long they're still fertile, girls would pop up unfertilized eggs from time to time.
That sounds painful popping out an egg or two occasionally like a chicken. Hate the daily month, but not gonna substitute it with something that sounds like a chicken's period. Or realizing unfertilized eggs.
I feel that the world hunger would be eased a bit, especially since we could also eat our own eggs.
World hunger...with cannibalism on the side...(@_@)
After copulation, their eggs would be fertilized and when I thought about the incubation process, I couldn't stop laughing. Esp when a hot mama sat on a large egg while listening to online class.
Damn. Not even five min away. Someone has to be constantly on their new offspring.
After laying a fertilized egg, they may or may not lactate. Humans probably don't have a belly button either.

...and many more.

What do you guys think will happen?
Can imagine two things. People start to prize possessing certain genders for commercial use of eggs and see them as nothing more than machines to own that produce products instead of treating them like an actual human being. Or, they prize them over the other gender, because of the extra capabilities (insert solve world hunger/whatever thing you mentioned) and that leaves the other gender being looked down and cast aside by society.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Can imagine two things. People start to prize possessing certain genders for commercial use of eggs and see them as nothing more than machines to own that produce products instead of treating them like an actual human being. Or, they prize them over the other gender, because of the extra capabilities (insert solve world hunger/whatever thing you mentioned) and that leaves the other gender being looked down and cast aside by society.
Ah yes the classic human cattle tag. Also trying to remember the tag name, I might have found some six digits that fits perfectly into the poultry farm thing you are mentioning.

That sounds painful popping out an egg or two occasionally like a chicken. Hate the daily month, but not gonna substitute it with something that sounds like a chicken's period. Or realizing unfertilized eggs.
It will be on longer time cycles, like say once or twice a year. We are kinda bigger than chickens and all - even penguins lay once a year.

Going further with penguins, the taking care of the egg might be the duty of the father. Yeah... probably not but possible.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
on the flip side, there should be an incentive/reward/subsidy for those who adopt these unwanted eggs. this is just my stance on adopting other kids in general. you're essentially picking the responsibility of someone who didn't want a child but didn't want to get an abortion. whether the biological mother in question didn't want one or can't get one, there should be external help given to an adopting parent, ESPECIALLY for older children. they've got years of undone parenting to catch up, not to mention the disadvantage of not being the biological parent in the first place.
They give a stipend to foster parents, but there is no such reward for adoption. In fact, there is a minimum income requirement. I've been considering adopting a second child since I want a girl, but I'm not sure that's going to even be an option for us with the way my husband's work is going.

LilTV1155

Eggs? I have seen in Franken manga, what happen when a human try to lay an egg and get the babies eaten by smaller animals like ants. That's messy.

Also, won't the human suffer if they got an egg-binding problem that leave the egg stuck in their stomach?
Three, won't the size and weight of egg become a problem? If's too big and heavy, human mother can't eat anything or move.
If it's too small and light, it will either slip through or get broken halfway in the process of egg-laying/birth.

Conclusion: Will need a stronger biology that support both human and egg.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Uh... I'm guessing you're a fan of Monster Musume? Also, some mothers eat their own fetuses. my mother had hers dried out and turned into pills. still sickens me just thinking about it. Though, I could see it being significantly less horrifying to watch a birth. I had to see six of my ten younger siblings being born and I have to say that I never want kids and would never want to see my future SO in that much pain.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
SO.. how big are the eggs? would it be less painful than childbirth? Also... THE FUCK???
Without all those extra limbs and the placenta, it should be both less painful and less dangerous for both mother and child.
Humans will just start sticking the eggs they want to hatch in incubators. Then, the pro-lifers will have to pay for the electricity to run incubators for unwanted eggs.
Hmm, no more unwanted pregnancies/children, because they could just destroy/eat the eggs instead.... Though the world may smell more, due to the rotten eggs [pun intended!].
i feel that the main reason people don't want children is the cost in raising them, rather than the childbirth pain. if they can't due to infertility and still want them, they can just adopt.
on the flip side, there should be an incentive/reward/subsidy for those who adopt these unwanted eggs. this is just my stance on adopting other kids in general. you're essentially picking the responsibility of someone who didn't want a child but didn't want to get an abortion. whether the biological mother in question didn't want one or can't get one, there should be external help given to an adopting parent, ESPECIALLY for older children. they've got years of undone parenting to catch up, not to mention the disadvantage of not being the biological parent in the first place.
I'm guessing you're a fan of Monster Musume?
I spent a lot of time thinking about this when I was considering Lamia and Harpy anatomy.

The thing is, human society is heavily based on live birth and breastfeeding. You just wouldn't have unwanted eggs, because they would be raised communally. A single large hatchery structure would be used to incubate all fertilized eggs for a certain town/district. This sort of setup could also encourage polyamory rather than monogamy, but who knows with something like that. What would be certain is that any children that weren't specifically raised by their mother would be in the care of the entire female community.

World hunger...with cannibalism on the side...(@_@)

It's not really cannibalism because an unfertilized egg isn't a living thing, and never was. It was designed to be eaten, specifically by the child grown inside the egg. Unless you somehow think drinking breastmilk is also cannibalism.

There could definitely be different gender roles from the ones we have. But I doubt it would be so slavery focused as you're thinking.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The thing is, human society is heavily based on live birth and breastfeeding. You just wouldn't have unwanted eggs, because they would be raised communally. A single large hatchery structure would be used to incubate all fertilized eggs for a certain town/district. This sort of setup could also encourage polyamory rather than monogamy, but who knows with something like that. What would be certain is that any children that weren't specifically raised by their mother would be in the care of the entire female community.
Sign me up for this universe, please!

D

Deleted member 45782

It's not really cannibalism because an unfertilized egg isn't a living thing, and never was. It was designed to be eaten, specifically by the child grown inside the egg. Unless you somehow think drinking breastmilk is also cannibalism.
Fair point 'bout the breastmilk. Still will find it grossingly weird to to consume an egg from a fellow human.

There could definitely be different gender roles from the ones we have. But I doubt it would be so slavery focused as you're thinking.
Eh. Never know. If there was, it'd probably be hidden.