Writing Prompt You saw someone who ran away after owning you money!?

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
What will you do if you saw the man/lady who ran away after owning you money? You see him/her on the bar/club drinking his/her fill of good alcohol..

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Never had the problem since I've never loaned anyone money that I wasn't absolutely certain wouldn't be capable of paying it back. Except this one time which cemented this rule in me. A friend of mine's sister asked me, and I decided to help her out. Welp, she gave it to her boyfriend who was the one who actually needed it. Welp, they split not long after and he refused to repay me and I just couldn't see myself asking her as it would ruin my friendship with her brother, the guy who convinced me to loan money to her in the first place. Was about 800 bucks I loaned her and by extension him. He even tried to intimidate me into backing off. So I went and trashed his 1970's Chevy Camaro. Was a nice muscle car. Did about 4,000$ worth of damage to it and then as a finishing touch, I carved my name onto the hood so he'd know it was me

Sad thing is, I wouldn't have went that far if he hadn't tried to intimidate me like some average street punk/highschool thug. That pissed me off more than the actual money. I most likely would have let it go seeing as it would have been extremely unlikely that we ever crossed paths again after that anyway so it isn't like I would have been reminded of it or anything.

He never pressed charges, but my friend's sister, his ex, they got back together and all of that eventually led to me not being friends with her brother, the friend who convinced me to loan her (his sister) money in the first place. That's the only reason I feel any guilt whatsoever.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
If someone owns your money, that is not your money. If someone owes you money, well, good luck with trying to get it back. You basically already lost it when you gave it without getting a collateral.

Edit: Catch Me if You Can & Les Miserables

Edit 2: Nani, my money?! (What's up, money pouch?)

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Well, he's my ex and he owes my parents $10,000. I don't want to get anywhere near him, so I'll call my mom and let her know I saw him there, but then leave it up to her to decide if she wants to do anything about it or not. It has been so many years, though. The last time I talked to my mom about it, she said just to let it go and not worry about it.

Horrorific

Just frame them with good evidence 'slipped' or without one. It's a club/bar where drunk people is at. Do they matter about evidence?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
BY THE ORDER OF THE PEAKY FOOKING BLINDERS

Sit uncomfortably close to him, asking about the wellness of his family members. Talk to someone he doesn't know I know and give them good money. He'll overthink and pay me.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What will you do if you saw the man/lady who ran away after owning you money? You see him/her on the bar/club drinking his/her fill of good alcohol..
So i ran up a huge bill on her tab in a bar i knew she frequented and so the girl wasnt able to buy groceries that week so she had to live off bread and rice.

She owed me a hundred and kept dodging me. So had to teach a bitch a lesson

I dont care if she IS my sister, you pay back your debts. Did she learn NOTHING from GoT?
I

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I am a miser and I have no friends. It also helps that most of my relatives and family are richer than me, that includes my nephews and nieces.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Which body part are you willing to sell? Tell me, i am a nice guy after all.

Oh? Your tryna run? Have you heard of Pablo? He once owed me 1000. And i was kind enough to give him a month to star running. Well, lets just say he ain't a runner no more. As for his wife.... She completly paid the debt with her body and organs.

So? I can give you a week of headstart. Make use of it.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I dont care if she IS my sister, you pay back your debts. Did she learn NOTHING from GoT?
If she's capable enough to watch Game of Thrones, she's definitely capable to pay back a hundred bucks.

I don't advocate for domestic violence, but wars weren't won by doves and love.

hory-portier

...I would contact the court and ask when is our case again... Or if there is still no case then I would call the police that I know where he is, and they can catch him now.

And then get out the place I saw him as I don't want to even look at that person. Just seeing him for a second surely made my mood go seriously bad.

If for some reason I didn't contact the police yet, and he/she were assuming me the last time we had any contact that he/she would pay then I would walk up to that person and ask about it while warning that I'm going to the police soon. Start giving the money back in a few days and I will reconsider involving the police.

Long in the past there was a guy who got small sum of money from me and disappeared. It was too small to really do anything about it but too much for me to still keeping any contact with him. I cut him out of my group of friends and never heard about him again. If I saw him it would work the same way as the previous paragraph.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
If she's capable enough to watch Game of Thrones, she's definitely capable to pay back a hundred bucks.

I don't advocate for domestic violence, but wars weren't won by doves and love.
And that was my weed money for the week, too. Thats sacred. You dont abuse that, man. A guy gives you his weed money, you best pay that shit back.

blazjindanblue

Be a chad and let it go. If it's a friend just give them money if you can as a gift.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Be a chad and let it go. If it's a friend just give them money if you can as a gift.
That's a cuck move bro. If a friend won't make an effort to pay you back or at least explain why he can't, that ain't a friend. That's The Lich from Adventure Time.