Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Not Yet Appraised

Report - Solet' Luna
Slime Cavern is a place full of slimes... Let's see how my new deadly Decay Potions could flair against them then. Although it could do nothing to the Envoy, that thing is simply just too inhumane. I could not use it as a reference for my potions.

And so, I went into the sewer. This time, I tried controlling my Mana to form a whirlpool of wind around me, pushing the sewer air away from me while keeping my Mana consumption low. The result, it was somewhat exhausting but I took the opportunity to practice my endurance and Mana manipulation. After all, the ordinary slimes, to me, are just no factor at all.

Following the path from the report, I casually froze and collected some of the slimes and their cores. It was somewhat unlucky that I could not find any strange slimes or weird colour slimes. However, I encountered many corpses of Giant Rats and even some Dire Wolves. Maybe something within this sewer could intrigue me.

Standing in front of the gigantic ruin of a former sewer, I could spot a 'sea' of glowy green oozes. Of course, I found no trace of that giant slime. Maybe it was crushed by the collapse of the sewer last time, or just that it had already escaped into the outer world. Well, I didn't come here to fight it. I'm just here to test my potions.

Throwing the potion towards the sea of green, I used my ice dart to shatter the option and watched as the black liquid splashed onto the slimes. Like usual, they tried to devour it, but, instead of them devouring the liquid, their body slowly turned grey after absorbing the liquid, before their cores shivered and cracked open. Naturally, the slimes could not hold onto its own mass and collapse into a pile of acid substance.

However, some of them, through some unknown coincidences, died in a great explosion, scattering even more Decay Potion to the other parts of the sea. The result, the sea quickly reduced in size, but, as the quantity of the potion was not sufficient, they stabilized after a while. Well, it seemed that my expectation was met, and all is well again.

Collecting the shivered cores, I started to make my way out of the sewer and into the adventure guild.
It's always nice to know that there's a large sea of slimes under the city.
  • EXP: 300
  • Money: 50G
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)

As Zorion reached out for the Goblin subjugation request, he saw another

Hmm... a potion with a random buff, huh? might be useful...

Zorion arrived at the black witch's house, mute as he was, he said nay a word and handed over the docket with quest description over. Amused, the witch reciprocated with the silence as well, and simply pointed to a chair and table, there waiting was a single potion

The potion was in geometric diamond shaped bottle and its contents seem to be a liquid, obsidian in colour and boiling without heat. The smell... it smelled cabbages...

In one swoop Zorion quaffed the potion. unlike the smell it tasted of strawberries. At first nothing happened, then as if a candle was blown out, it was dark. He opened his eyes but did not recall closing them.

He found himself near outskirts of Scribel, as he exited the edge of the forest he saw the city. It was in ruins but it was not recent, it looked to be a long time since the city fell.

To what?

The sound of a war horn could be heard, and cavalry, warriors coved in plate and steel charged across the flat ground outside the city walls. Zorion searched for their target... and there they was, a swarm of slimes! The blobs were size of horses, bouncing and jiggling they rushed rushed to met the horsemen.

The cavalrymen drew their weapons, weapons not made of steel, but made of light. Swords, lances and halberds made of a maleficent red energy. At first the outcome seemed obvious... but after watching a moment Zorion was not so sure. The slimes made whips from their bodies swiped down foes in a deadly arc, and at times, one slime would be bisected only to have two rise in its place.

"Well what do we have here? Enjoying the show?" Zorion turned to find a gang, a troop of fighters.

Zorion started to write a question in the air with light "What-"

"You fool! You can't use magic in a Dead Zone!" The man, the leader of the group moved in quick, too quick for Zorion to see, And his magic casting hand was secured in the leader's grip, "We have to going!"

No magic? then what of the red energy?

The leader looked to another man and put more emphasis on his words, "We have to go NOW!"

Horses were brought forth from the woods, and the gang of fighters mounted. Zorion recalled his chalkboard and wrote, "Adventurers?"

"Aye, that's us, there is only us now, no quests, no Guild master, Just us." The leader offered a hand to Zorion, "Are you coming? Or are you with them?"

Zorion looked at where the leader of the adventurers was pointing, the cavalrymen, they were all dead, he could see the markings on the men, vaguely resembled a golden Rose.

No, Zorion shook his head, he secured his chalk board and took the Leader's hand. And with a pull Zorion mounted the horse the leader was on.

As they trotted, the leaded declared without turning his head, "I am Clive, I used to be a city guard... I think I have seen you before... Well... it don't matter now."

And life changed for Zorion. for two years he lived in a harsh unforgiving world, but he lived he worked hard he learned and he lived, until he didn't. One day he died, he opened a chest that turned out to be a mimic, reacting too slowly he was was killed most of his body bitten off in a single chomp,

That was when he woke up.

He lifted his head off the table with a start, breathing heavily,

That was traumatic

The witch simply sat there watching, still seemed mildly amused, after a moment Zorion took out pen and paper to write down his experience lest he forgets,

As he did so something odd happened, more odd than anything he had experienced so far, which said something, he hear voices, voices from something on the table, Zorion looked over, and saw two apples in a bowl,

"Its over for us, Bryan"

"Oh don't be so grim, Kate. you do this every hour, We'll be fine"

"O'Jean was right, he used say "hold on for dear life. Hold on, don't fall or its all over!' and that's what this is now, Bryan OVER, it all over Bryan!"

"Oh don't be like that Kate, there's a chance, we can still... we can.... Hey, what's that guy look at"

"I think..."

It wasn't sound Zorion was hearing it was thoughts, at that moment both Zorion and the fruit heard each other's voices in their heads, they both thought the words, "I can understand you."

"Hey! Hey! You! You did this! You and your kind!"

Ignoring the fruit's rage, Zorion picked up one of the apples to examine it, to see if there was any gimmick in the fruit, he could sense no magic from it.

"BRYAN!!! NOooo! Y-you monster! Let him GO!!"

"Kate! GOODBye! I... I have always loved you..."

Zorion was not sure what to do, so he placed the apple back down.

"Bryan! Bryan! A-are you alright?"

"I, I am f-fine... no bruises... just a bit shaken up, s'all." Bryan said meekly.

The two apples were silent for a moment then Kate spoke first. "Did... did you mean what you said?"

The two apples then started to speak in a low whisper, Zorion was perplexed by the situation, so he wrote down the side-effect in the report as a postscript, hopeful that this effect would go away eventually.

OOC: Used Random generator for one side-effect of the newest homebrew
OOC: Zorion gained ability "can understand fruits", and some survival skills.
Hm... Are you telling me that you spent 2 years in the supposed future of the Scribel City, and met with some familiar face as well? Interesting.

Rewards: 30 G, The Black Witch's Approval (Potion): Random buff!

Epsil

The Witch's 'Assistant' Part II (Once Per Person)
Sponsor
: Black Witch Shiori
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Drink one of Shiori's newest homebrews.
Description: Alright, so thanks to a couple of selfless assistants, Shiori has made a lot of improvements in terms of potion making! Yay! Then the other day Shiori looked out the window and thought: Hey, Shiori should explore the mental landscape as well. Therefore, Shiori has made some potions that'll temporarily send the drinker into what Shiori hopes will be your mind. Think of it as having a really really really intense drug trip but without the drugs. Anyway, all you have to do is drink up, explore, then tell Shiori what you saw while under it's effects! Cool, right?

Rewards:
  • Gold: 30 G
  • The Black Witch's Approval (Potion): Random buff! The Black Witch appreciates your assistance, even if she might not show it.

"By god it's another potion. Why'd I walk here. Why? Was I charmed? Why Why?"
It was too late to back out. Adsall had already drunk the potion.

"What's going to happen? Oh god, please save me.", Adsall thought to himself.

But nothing happened.

"Eh?"

"Lalala Lalala Lalala Lalala"

"Shiori can you stop with the singing? I'm freaking out over here."

"Shiori isn't singing? Shiori is watching!"

"Then where is it coming from."

Soon, more voices began to call out. Until eventually it was akin to that of a chorus.

"It sounds nice... Sounds like I'm in heaven."

He then saw some angels fly around him, and then disappearing

"Woah Angels!"

"Where? Shiori wants to see!"

"Oh they're gone"

"No fair!" Shiori said, stomping her feet.

After a while the singing disappeared.

"I guess the potion makes you hear a choir singing?"

"Shiori's a bit sad. Next time Shiori will make a better potion!", Shiori said with a frightening amount of vigor.

"Well then I'll be g- BANG"

A bucket came flying and hit Adsall in the head.

"Ow wha- BANG"

A cauldron came flying and plowed into Adsall's body.

Adsall was rendered unconcious and has been hospitalized.

When Shiori came to visit him in the medic bay with a potion . Adsall began to cry, yelling for help. Even attempting to move his fully cast body away from her by rolling.

Well, I guess you complete it— You drink the potion after all. However, the guild would not compensate you for anything that we did not do. You'll have to ask Miss Shiori yourself, okay? Maybe she'll gift you some of her potions. *Smiles wickedly*

OOC: Gained Resistance to undead + fiends, can speak and write in celestial (doesn't know yet).
OOC: Gained Side-effect: Becomes magnetic. (he figured it out the hard way.)

Last edited:
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)

> > >

Goblin Subjugation
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Exterminate stray goblins.
  • Collect 3 pairs of goblin ears.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Report large goblin tribes/clans to the guild.
    • Do not pick fights you cannot handle.
Goblins are one of the weakest monsters.
However, they can be extremely dangerous in numbers.
They have been known to kill travelers and overconfident adventurers.
Do not underestimate the goblins. They are a deadly threat.
It is ill-advised to taken on more than a few at once.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Zorion sat that counter, his report was blank, usually he would have written ha report in fine lettering drop it off and be done, this time he sat down. Reluctant was the word to describe the situation.

He took a linen bag from his belt and gave it to the receptionist within was six ears taken from 3 goblins.

Zorion gestured and words of light started to describe his adventure

"Killing them was easy, as individual they were weak, and I had a new sword, if I catch one by surprise a well timed swing made quick work of a goblin. If I had to make a direct confrontation with one, patience was the key, a block and a follow up swing was how I killed the other two goblins."

Words stop appearing in the air at the point. after a long breath, Zorion continued.

"The hard part is finding the goblins when they are in small group or on their own, it almost never happened, but I was able to find out..."

Zorion's ears were red like he didn't want to say...

"I found out by talking to... the berry bushes"

He sat in silence. Not wanting to have evidence of his strange ability committed to paper.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
"By god it's another potion. Why'd I walk here. Why? Was I charmed? Why Why?"
It was too late to back out. Adsall had already drunk the potion.

"What's going to happen? Oh god, please save me.", Adsall thought to himself.

But nothing happened.

"Eh?"

"Lalala Lalala Lalala Lalala"

"Shiori can you stop with the singing? I'm freaking out over here."

"Shiori isn't singing? Shiori is watching!"

"Then where is it coming from."

Soon, more voices began to call out. Until eventually it was akin to that of a chorus.

"It sounds nice... Sounds like I'm in heaven."

He then saw some angels fly around him, and then disappearing

"Woah Angels!"

"Where? Shiori wants to see!"

"Oh they're gone"

"No fair!" Shiori said, stomping her feet.

After a while the singing disappeared.

"I guess the potion makes you hear a choir singing?"

"Shiori's a bit sad. Next time Shiori will make a better potion!", Shiori said with a frightening amount of vigor.

"Well then I'll be g- BANG"

A bucket came flying and hit Adsall in the head.

"Ow wha- BANG"

A cauldron came flying and plowed into Adsall's body.

Adsall was rendered unconcious and has been hospitalized.

When Shiori came to visit him in the medic bay with a potion . Adsall began to cry, yelling for help. Even attempting to move his fully cast body away from her by rolling.

OOC: Gained Resistance to undead + fiends, can speak and write in celestial (doesn't know yet).
OOC: Gained Side-effect: Becomes magnetic. (he figured it out the hard way.)
Well, I guess you complete it— You drink the potion after all. However, the guild would not compensate you for anything that we did not do. You'll have to ask Miss Shiori yourself, okay? Maybe she'll gift you some of her potions. *Smiles wickedly*

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)

> > >

Goblin Subjugation
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Exterminate stray goblins.
  • Collect 3 pairs of goblin ears.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Report large goblin tribes/clans to the guild.
    • Do not pick fights you cannot handle.
Goblins are one of the weakest monsters.
However, they can be extremely dangerous in numbers.
They have been known to kill travelers and overconfident adventurers.
Do not underestimate the goblins. They are a deadly threat.
It is ill-advised to taken on more than a few at once.
Rewards:
> > >

Zorion sat that counter, his report was blank, usually he would have written ha report in fine lettering drop it off and be done, this time he sat down. Reluctant was the word to describe the situation.

He took a linen bag from his belt and gave it to the receptionist within was six ears taken from 3 goblins.

Zorion gestured and words of light started to describe his adventure

"Killing them was easy, as individual they were weak, and I had a new sword, if I catch one by surprise a well timed swing made quick work of a goblin. If I had to make a direct confrontation with one, patience was the key, a block and a follow up swing was how I killed the other two goblins."

Words stop appearing in the air at the point. after a long breath, Zorion continued.

"The hard part is finding the goblins when they are in small group or on their own, it almost never happened, but I was able to find out..."

Zorion's ears were red like he didn't want to say...

"I found out by talking to... the berry bushes"

He sat in silence. Not wanting to have evidence of his strange ability committed to paper.
I've heard about various mystical power before— But, aren't you a knight? Guess you also have some knowledge in the art of druid. Anyway, good work!

Rewards: 150 EXP, 10 G

Epsil

EVALUATED
> > >
Slime Subjugation
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
> > >

Vysic chose to do slime hunting. "An Evaluation of skill" he called it.

Upon meeting the first slime, without flinching, Vysic struck the slime dead centre with his spear.

Killing it before it could even move.

He collected the slime core and proceeded to kill the others.

By the end of the day he returned with a wet slimy bag full of 10 slime cores.

He kept some for alchemic purposes of course.

Evaluation

Potions that brought back memory seemed interesting. However, teleportation potion? Now, that's something of itself.

Last edited:

LazyLonduf

QUEST REPORT (EVALUATED)

"What did you see this time?" the receptionist asked, handing me the quest paper to Oam.

"I saw myself sitting in shallow water."

"That's it?"

"That's it." she said, "I couldn't see anything else, but I should be fine."

"If you say so," she said, "Be careful."

"I will." the priestess answered before darting out the door.

The Witch's 'Assistant' Part II (Once Per Person)
Sponsor
: Black Witch Shiori
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Drink one of Shiori's newest homebrews.
Description: Alright, so thanks to a couple of selfless assistants, Shiori has made a lot of improvements in terms of potion making! Yay! Then the other day Shiori looked out the window and thought: Hey, Shiori should explore the mental landscape as well. Therefore, Shiori has made some potions that'll temporarily send the drinker into what Shiori hopes will be your mind. Think of it as having a really really really intense drug trip but without the drugs. Anyway, all you have to do is drink up, explore, then tell Shiori what you saw while under it's effects! Cool, right?

Rewards:
  • Gold: 30 G
  • The Black Witch's Approval (Potion): Random buff! The Black Witch appreciates your assistance, even if she might not show it.
Adventurer: Oam Lola
Quest: The Witch's 'Assistant' Part II
Summary: - Drank the Potion
- Hallucinated

"If it isn't you again!"

...was the first thing that the witch Shiori said to me. She still remembered my face. It was pleasant to be remembered. Though my last memories of this place was less than pleasant... I would prefer it if I didn't remember as much.

"Shiori has made a lot of advancements now you know!"

"Yes..." I said.

"Are you here to test out the new potion too?"

"You are correct," I said, handing her the quest paper.

"Come on in then!"

---

We arrived in her living room this time, and it was surprisingly less terrifying than her lab. There was already a potion bottle on the small coffee table beside a large wooden chair.

"This looks nice..."

"Take a seat!" she said.

After I made myself comfortable, Shiori placed a pen and a paper on the table. "You should write down what you see too, and while you're at it, tell me what you see."

"...Sure."

I opened the potion and smelled it. The liquid slowly turned from a black color into a light blue color, fizzing all the while. "Was this beer?" I said. "N-no" she said.

In any case, I drank it soon after, and the whole world melted away.

The walls dripped down like streams of water and the light from outside shattered into multiple pieces of glass. The glass. I knew that there was going to be some weird effects I would be experiencing, so I just let it drift across my body.

It felt like there were things crawling on my skin, and when I turned to look, water snakes coiled around my hand and my body. My mouth felt dry, and I opened my mouth so wide it went past around my body and into the sky. When I tried to close my mouth again, I couldn't.

"Tgua ud gomw pmop?!" , was what I said when I melted, but it was nonsense.

The chaotic hallucinations intensified. My body dissolved with the rainbow melting that swirled endlessly. It wasn't until after a few minutes that the lines solidified, tiny impurities in the slime became independently moving figures--creatures, creatures that I recognized.

Spider, rabbit, snake, cats.

The lines assembled into a gazebo, and when I looked around, I was in a familiar place. The sound of white dripping slime dispersed into white noise, then into the sound of rain. I felt the wetness of the splashes of rain hitting my skin.

It was a place... in my old world. A garden of flowers, shaded by a small roofed structure and a tall old tree. I huddled down on the driest spot under the roof and tried my best not to shiver from the cold. But it was really cold.

"What are you doing here?" someone voiced.

I looked up and saw a woman dressed in a plain boxy dress holding an umbrella.

"I can't go home..."

She looked around, before moving into the shade to crouch beside me. "Young girl, what is your name?"

"Oam,"

"Where is your home, Oam?"

"My home is with my mother... but she doesn't come anymore..."

"That is quite sad.." she said, "How about this, Oam?"

She placed her umbrella in my hand and rolled up my fingers around the handle.

"M-miss?"

"It's Lady," she corrected, "Take this, you won't have to be wet from the rain,"

"B-but I don't know where to go!"

"Neither do I," she said.

Her hands hovered above my stomach and I felt a warmth coursing through my veins. Strength returned to my limbs as I grasped the air with my fingers.

"T-thank you, Lady!"

She ruffled my hair, "It's alright,"

She stood up and prepared to leave, but I stopped her because I thought she was going to become wet. "Wait, Lady! If you don't have an umbrella, you'll get the cold!"

She walked into the rain and turned around, "It's fine."

"No you can't Lady! This is your Umbrella!"

I opened the umbrella and ran to her, "Here!" I said, giving her the handle, but I didn't notice that she seemed to be completely dry.

The rain seemed to be avoiding her body. I was frozen in place.

"What a good girl," she smiled gently and pat my head.

"L-Lady...?"

"You don't have to worry about me," she said. "I'll always be there wherever there is rain,"

"So carry this umbrella and remember me,"

At that moment, her body collapsed into the ground along with the rain.

---

When I woke up, my robe was wet.

I traced back the wetness on my body to my eyes.

"So, what did you see?" Shiori said, "Do you need a towel?"

"It's fine..." I said.

I wrote down the report for Shiori immediately, in case I forgot about the details. Shiori inquired me about the parallels to my memory in the past, and it was indeed inaccurate. Very inaccurate, in fact, that it felt like a bad joke.

"Lady Rain would not have even let the Head Priestess touch her umbrella, much less give anyone her umbrella." I said, "And she didn't talk to me like that the first time we met... she scolded me for sleeping under the rain. She then pulled me to the temple and scolded the priestesses for not taking care of her temple. She then disappeared..."

"So there are inconsistencies with the original memory... Shiori sees now." she said, before daydreaming to herself for a few minutes. She gave me a potion that should "clear any abnormalities" afterwards. I didn't think much of it and drank...

Afterwards, I wrote down a copy of my experience down for the guild report. However, halfway through copying it, I realized that I was now outside of Shiori's house by a small distance. Stunned, I stopped writing and checked around the vicinity and spotted Shiori's house. I saw her open the door and look around and when she saw me, she waved her hand and called out to me.

"What happened..."

"Hohoho! That was an experimental potion that grants teleportation abilities! Shiori is very proud of it!"

"..."

"Can't you be happier?!"

"I'm happy..."

"You're not smiling at all!"

"You lied to me..."

"Well it ended up fine!"

"What if I ended up stuck inside a wall! Or the ground! I'd die!"

I returned to the Guild shortly after. I also learned that I couldn't teleport anymore on my way back, despite trying to do it for a while... I'm not sure, Shiori didn't tell me much about it. Perhaps it was a one time use of the ability, or maybe it just couldn't be done multiple times a day.

...I'll explore it when I can.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
UNeVALUATED

Vysic chose to do slime hunting. "An Evaluation of skill" he called it.

Upon meeting the first slime, without flinching, Vysic struck the slime dead centre with his spear.

Killing it before it could even move.

He collected the slime core and proceeded to kill the others.

By the end of the day he returned with a wet slimy bag full of 10 slime cores.

He kept some for alchemic purposes of course.
I love short reports because they are usually concise and meant that nothing interesting was happening, and that I missed it!

Rewards: 75 EXP, 10 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (UNEVALUATED)

"What did you see this time?" the receptionist asked, handing me the quest paper to Oam.

"I saw myself sitting in shallow water."

"That's it?"

"That's it." she said, "I couldn't see anything else, but I should be fine."

"If you say so," she said, "Be careful."

"I will." the priestess answered before darting out the door.

Adventurer: Oam Lola
Quest: The Witch's 'Assistant' Part II
Summary: - Drank the Potion
- Hallucinated

"If it isn't you again!"

...was the first thing that the witch Shiori said to me. She still remembered my face. It was pleasant to be remembered. Though my last memories of this place was less than pleasant... I would prefer it if I didn't remember as much.

"Shiori has made a lot of advancements now you know!"

"Yes..." I said.

"Are you here to test out the new potion too?"

"You are correct," I said, handing her the quest paper.

"Come on in then!"

---

We arrived in her living room this time, and it was surprisingly less terrifying than her lab. There was already a potion bottle on the small coffee table beside a large wooden chair.

"This looks nice..."

"Take a seat!" she said.

After I made myself comfortable, Shiori placed a pen and a paper on the table. "You should write down what you see too, and while you're at it, tell me what you see."

"...Sure."

I opened the potion and smelled it. The liquid slowly turned from a black color into a light blue color, fizzing all the while. "Was this beer?" I said. "N-no" she said.

In any case, I drank it soon after, and the whole world melted away.

The walls dripped down like streams of water and the light from outside shattered into multiple pieces of glass. The glass. I knew that there was going to be some weird effects I would be experiencing, so I just let it drift across my body.

It felt like there were things crawling on my skin, and when I turned to look, water snakes coiled around my hand and my body. My mouth felt dry, and I opened my mouth so wide it went past around my body and into the sky. When I tried to close my mouth again, I couldn't.

"Tgua ud gomw pmop?!" , was what I said when I melted, but it was nonsense.

The chaotic hallucinations intensified. My body dissolved with the rainbow melting that swirled endlessly. It wasn't until after a few minutes that the lines solidified, tiny impurities in the slime became independently moving figures--creatures, creatures that I recognized.

Spider, rabbit, snake, cats.

The lines assembled into a gazebo, and when I looked around, I was in a familiar place. The sound of white dripping slime dispersed into white noise, then into the sound of rain. I felt the wetness of the splashes of rain hitting my skin.

It was a place... in my old world. A garden of flowers, shaded by a small roofed structure and a tall old tree. I huddled down on the driest spot under the roof and tried my best not to shiver from the cold. But it was really cold.

"What are you doing here?" someone voiced.

I looked up and saw a woman dressed in a plain boxy dress holding an umbrella.

"I can't go home..."

She looked around, before moving into the shade to crouch beside me. "Young girl, what is your name?"

"Oam,"

"Where is your home, Oam?"

"My home is with my mother... but she doesn't come anymore..."

"That is quite sad.." she said, "How about this, Oam?"

She placed her umbrella in my hand and rolled up my fingers around the handle.

"M-miss?"

"It's Lady," she corrected, "Take this, you won't have to be wet from the rain,"

"B-but I don't know where to go!"

"Neither do I," she said.

Her hands hovered above my stomach and I felt a warmth coursing through my veins. Strength returned to my limbs as I grasped the air with my fingers.

"T-thank you, Lady!"

She ruffled my hair, "It's alright,"

She stood up and prepared to leave, but I stopped her because I thought she was going to become wet. "Wait, Lady! If you don't have an umbrella, you'll get the cold!"

She walked into the rain and turned around, "It's fine."

"No you can't Lady! This is your Umbrella!"

I opened the umbrella and ran to her, "Here!" I said, giving her the handle, but I didn't notice that she seemed to be completely dry.

The rain seemed to be avoiding her body. I was frozen in place.

"What a good girl," she smiled gently and pat my head.

"L-Lady...?"

"You don't have to worry about me," she said. "I'll always be there wherever there is rain,"

"So carry this umbrella and remember me,"

At that moment, her body collapsed into the ground along with the rain.

---

When I woke up, my robe was wet.

I traced back the wetness on my body to my eyes.

"So, what did you see?" Shiori said, "Do you need a towel?"

"It's fine..." I said.

I wrote down the report for Shiori immediately, in case I forgot about the details. Shiori inquired me about the parallels to my memory in the past, and it was indeed inaccurate. Very inaccurate, in fact, that it felt like a bad joke.

"Lady Rain would not have even let the Head Priestess touch her umbrella, much less give anyone her umbrella." I said, "And she didn't talk to me like that the first time we met... she scolded me for sleeping under the rain. She then pulled me to the temple and scolded the priestesses for not taking care of her temple. She then disappeared..."

"So there are inconsistencies with the original memory... Shiori sees now." she said, before daydreaming to herself for a few minutes. She gave me a potion that should "clear any abnormalities" afterwards. I didn't think much of it and drank...

Afterwards, I wrote down a copy of my experience down for the guild report. However, halfway through copying it, I realized that I was now outside of Shiori's house by a small distance. Stunned, I stopped writing and checked around the vicinity and spotted Shiori's house. I saw her open the door and look around and when she saw me, she waved her hand and called out to me.

"What happened..."

"Hohoho! That was an experimental potion that grants teleportation abilities! Shiori is very proud of it!"

"..."

"Can't you be happier?!"

"I'm happy..."

"You're not smiling at all!"

"You lied to me..."

"Well it ended up fine!"

"What if I ended up stuck inside a wall! Or the ground! I'd die!"

I returned to the Guild shortly after. I also learned that I couldn't teleport anymore on my way back, despite trying to do it for a while... I'm not sure, Shiori didn't tell me much about it. Perhaps it was a one time use of the ability, or maybe it just couldn't be done multiple times a day.

...I'll explore it when I can.
Potions that brought back memory seemed interesting. However, teleportation potion? Now, that's something of itself.

QUEST REPORT ( APPRAISED)

Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Make contact with the Lizardmen (?) and offer gifts (will be provided by the Guild).
  • Determine if the Lizardmen are hostile and/or intelligent.
  • Update: Sightings of hostile lizard people in the southeast (source)
Rewards:
  • EXP: 280
Report most urgent:

I have new for the guild with news both good and also troubling.

From a previous report, the Adventurer Felicia El Freliti have already made contact with the Southern lizardmen of Taeruga Tribe.

According to the report they appear to be of a friendly disposition. Since the slime horde is a threat to us all, and the proximity of which the lizardmen live to the horde, I thought it wise in this diplomatic mission to ascertain the stance the Taeruga tribe have on the slime menace.

Being allowed access to the guild resources I commissioned the creation of twelve fishing spears, although in my heart I still call them "Slime-slayers". Once I had the gift in hand I made my way to the south, I was able to approach the settlement with relative ease, owing a debt to Felicia's report. I knew to look out for camouflaged carnivorous plant. A feat I would be unlikely to accomplish if I did not gain the ability to talk to fruit.

What I did learn was that berries are amazingly chatty and honest, palm tree fruit however took a lot of cajoling before they'd tell you anything of use, and even then they still have a tendency to lie.

When I arrived at the settlement, I sough the audience of the chieftain, but strangely he was absent again; just as he was when Felicia visited. I asked to whom should I speak with in regards to gifts and diplomacy, The lizards folks simply shook their heads and shrugged,

Eventually I was brought into a hut and sat before a lizardwoman, Shrez. She could be the same lizardwoman that spoke with Felicia, or perhaps not, but certainly, Shrez was introduced as a sister to the chieftain.

The spears were accepted with awe, the metal prongs and carpentry finish was something only a city could managed, I mimed along with words of light to explain the effectiveness of the spear against slimes, how they simply tear the core from the slime's bodies.

But that information was one that the lizardfolk have had in hand as long as they'd been fishing. Still it gave us the opportunity to talk about the silmes and the threat they entailed.

"Burza.." The lizardwoman showed me a grey paste, " we cover our Ssspears with it"

I examined the paste and quickly recognised it as a soap likesubstance, I recalled the library entry that documented the silmes' intolerance to soap.

"Made from assh and palm oilsss." Soap, a variant of soap.

It would seem the lizardfolk do not need Scribel's help against the Slmes, it might even be the other way around, These lizardmen are uniquely well verse in Slime hunting.

It was then I wrote in the air,asking the question, "Is your tribe willing to help us end the Slime horde?"

Shrez was in thought, after a moment she sighed, "That is sssomething only my brother can deccided...and he issss out hunting, on a hunting trip..."

Hunting again...

"Could you, the Vice-chieftain, decided?"

"I am not the viccce-chieftain!" Shrez denied

"who is?"

"Irnax, he is not here..."

Something was not right. "Hunting, too?" I let the word hang in the air between us.

Shrex shook her head.

"My brother..." Shrez sighed more deeply this time. the pause was long, " My brother is missssing, the vice-chieftain has gone looking for him... now he is missing too"

I nodded, "where? the tell me the story"

And this is what I learned.

A while ago the chieftain went to talk to the Marasshaw tribe, he had done so many times before, often about territory and resources. But this time, when the chieftain went to the Marasshaw settlement for the meeting and his party never returned.

The Marasshaw when questioned denied any involvement with the chieftain's disappearance, Their tribe insisted that the slime horde was the cause and there's naught to be done. The vice-chieftain went to investigate the disappearance, then he too disappeared.

This is alarming news.

I told Shrez that we will put talk of alliance on hold for the moment and that I'd report this to the guild and so a quest to find the missing lizardmen can be created.

And here by ending my report.
OOC, I wonder, how do people want to resolve the Slime horde anyway...

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)

Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Make contact with the Lizardmen (?) and offer gifts (will be provided by the Guild).
  • Determine if the Lizardmen are hostile and/or intelligent.
  • Update: Sightings of hostile lizard people in the southeast (source)
Rewards:
  • EXP: 280
Report most urgent:

I have new for the guild with news both good and also troubling.

From a previous report, the Adventurer Felicia El Freliti have already made contact with the Southern lizardmen of Taeruga Tribe.

According to the report they appear to be of a friendly disposition. Since the slime horde is a threat to us all, and the proximity of which the lizardmen live to the horde, I thought it wise in this diplomatic mission to ascertain the stance the Taeruga tribe have on the slime menace.

Being allowed access to the guild resources I commissioned the creation of twelve fishing spears, although in my heart I still call them "Slime-slayers". Once I had the gift in hand I made my way to the south, I was able to approach the settlement with relative ease, owing a debt to Felicia's report. I knew to look out for camouflaged carnivorous plant. A feat I would be unlikely to accomplish if I did not gain the ability to talk to fruit.

What I did learn was that berries are amazingly chatty and honest, palm tree fruit however took a lot of cajoling before they'd tell you anything of use, and even then they still have a tendency to lie.

When I arrived at the settlement, I sough the audience of the chieftain, but strangely he was absent again; just as he was when Felicia visited. I asked to whom should I speak with in regards to gifts and diplomacy, The lizards folks simply shook their heads and shrugged,

Eventually I was brought into a hut and sat before a lizardwoman, Shrez. She could be the same lizardwoman that spoke with Felicia, or perhaps not, but certainly, Shrez was introduced as a sister to the chieftain.

The spears were accepted with awe, the metal prongs and carpentry finish was something only a city could managed, I mimed along with words of light to explain the effectiveness of the spear against slimes, how they simply tear the core from the slime's bodies.

But that information was one that the lizardfolk have had in hand as long as they'd been fishing. Still it gave us the opportunity to talk about the silmes and the threat they entailed.

"Burza.." The lizardwoman showed me a grey paste, " we cover our Ssspears with it"

I examined the paste and quickly recognised it as a soap likesubstance, I recalled the library entry that documented the silmes' intolerance to soap.

"Made from assh and palm oilsss." Soap, a variant of soap.

It would seem the lizardfolk do not need Scribel's help against the Slmes, it might even be the other way around, These lizardmen are uniquely well verse in Slime hunting.

It was then I wrote in the air,asking the question, "Is your tribe willing to help us end the Slime horde?"

Shrez was in thought, after a moment she sighed, "That is sssomething only my brother can deccided...and he issss out hunting, on a hunting trip..."

Hunting again...

"Could you, the Vice-chieftain, decided?"

"I am not the viccce-chieftain!" Shrez denied

"who is?"

"Irnax, he is not here..."

Something was not right. "Hunting, too?" I let the word hang in the air between us.

Shrex shook her head.

"My brother..." Shrez sighed more deeply this time. the pause was long, " My brother is missssing, the vice-chieftain has gone looking for him... now he is missing too"

I nodded, "where? the tell me the story"

And this is what I learned.

A while ago the chieftain went to talk to the Marasshaw tribe, he had done so many times before, often about territory and resources. But this time, when the chieftain went to the Marasshaw settlement for the meeting and his party never returned.

The Marasshaw when questioned denied any involvement with the chieftain's disappearance, Their tribe insisted that the slime horde was the cause and there's naught to be done. The vice-chieftain went to investigate the disappearance, then he too disappeared.

This is alarming news.

I told Shrez that we will put talk of alliance on hold for the moment and that I'd report this to the guild and so a quest to find the missing lizardmen can be created.

And here by ending my report.
OOC, I wonder, how do people want to resolve the Slime horde anyway...
Although it's good that we know the circumstance of the Lizardman Bases, is it a wise decision to meddle with their internal affair?

Rewards: 280 EXP, 50 G

Reciful

Slime Subjugation
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:

[Quest Report: APPRAISED!]

Character: Reciful the innocent malice
Level: 1
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Slime Subjugation

Quest report

Reciful shall kill slime's this time!!
Now Reciful knew where slime's are. People in the tavern help Reciful they tell where slimes are! ... So Reciful shall go & murder them!

Sewer... The guilty slimes is in the city so Sewers Slimes will die.

Reciful don't know where the way to sewer, but seems like Sewer means underground, So Reciful shall go beneath ground!

Reciful Entered cracks in the ground... Through the darkness in those cracks.

From within the shadows Reciful Produce many Eyes, to see if there is any slime at all. Traveling through a complicated series of pipelines. Finally found a large underground space... The sewers.

There is many muddy water & trash, large rats, Funny looking insect & Big worms all over the place, but since they are not slime Reciful spare their life for now.

Reciful search each sewer passage moving from here & there within the shadows.

...after a few minute... Slimes found~

Reciful finally find her first slime! Immediately Materialized a hand made out of shadow to crush it... Since core is needed Reciful did not Crush it... First kill....next~

3 oblivious slime, suddenly many black Tendrils emerges from the darkness peircing the slime body taking their cores.... Killed...next~

30 Slime in a room... A moving shadow suddenly engulfed the entire space in darkness, many Red eyes & mouth appeared in the wall, floor & ceiling... Then it speaks

" Ehe ehehe ehehehehe~ *giggles*...sooo many...sooo many....kill~ kill~ all will die~."

Reciful shadows mouths speaks in a little girls voice... The slimes despite brainless, Shivered in fear. Immediately after that.. They mercilessly got shallowed by the shadow, leaving 30 slime core behind after.

a big slime & 16 smaller slime around it.... There are bones around them... The size is small.. the bone might be from a kid.... Many of them.

Sneakily, unnoticed, & quietly... The ground became black.. before the slime could even react to the sudden change. countless shadow arms & Black Tentacles emerges from the ground. Tearing their slime body, the slime fought back... But its a hopeless struggle... They die a slow death... Leaving only their core behind... Next~

A group of 12 slime is eating a dead large sewer rat... They got stomped to death by foots made of Shadow that emerges in the ceiling.... Next~

2 slime, A moving Shadow pass right through the two..... Leaving 2 slime core after.... Next~

Reciful find 7 more slime which also die in a gruesome way. After feeling satisfied, finally Reciful stopped her slime killing spree

Reciful collected
71 slime core & 1 large core from a big slime.

Signed: Reciful

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
[Quest Report: Not yet evaluated]

Character: Reciful the innocent malice
Level: 1
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Slime Subjugation

Quest report

Reciful shall kill slime's this time!!
Now Reciful knew where slime's are. People in the tavern help Reciful they tell where slimes are! ... So Reciful shall go & murder them!

Sewer... The guilty slimes is in the city so Sewers Slimes will die.

Reciful don't know where the way to sewer, but seems like Sewer means underground, So Reciful shall go beneath ground!

Reciful Entered cracks in the ground... Through the darkness in those cracks.

From within the shadows Reciful Produce many Eyes, to see if there is any slime at all. Traveling through a complicated series of pipelines. Finally found a large underground space... The sewers.

There is many muddy water & trash, large rats, Funny looking insect & Big worms all over the place, but since they are not slime Reciful spare their life for now.

Reciful search each sewer passage moving from here & there within the shadows.

...after a few minute... Slimes found~

Reciful finally find her first slime! Immediately Materialized a hand made out of shadow to crush it... Since core is needed Reciful did not Crush it... First kill....next~

3 oblivious slime, suddenly many black Tendrils emerges from the darkness peircing the slime body taking their cores.... Killed...next~

30 Slime in a room... A moving shadow suddenly engulfed the entire space in darkness, many Red eyes & mouth appeared in the wall, floor & ceiling... Then it speaks

" Ehe ehehe ehehehehe~ *giggles*...sooo many...sooo many....kill~ kill~ all will die~."

Reciful shadows mouths speaks in a little girls voice... The slimes despite brainless, Shivered in fear. Immediately after that.. They mercilessly got shallowed by the shadow, leaving 30 slime core behind after.

a big slime & 16 smaller slime around it.... There are bones around them... The size is small.. the bone might be from a kid.... Many of them.

Sneakily, unnoticed, & quietly... The ground became black.. before the slime could even reach to the sudden change. countless shadow arms & Black Tentacles emerges from the ground. Tearing their slime body, the slime fought back... But its a hopeless struggle... They die a slow death... Leaving only their core behind... Next~

A group of 12 slime is eating a dead large sewer rat... They got stomped to death by foots made of Shadow that emerges in the ceiling.... Next~

2 slime, A moving Shadow pass right through the two..... Leaving 2 slime core after.... Next~

Reciful find 7 more slime which also die in a gruesome way. After feeling satisfied, finally Reciful stopped her slime killing spree

Reciful collected
71 slime core & 1 large core from a big slime.

Signed: Reciful
*Hides pet herb slime*

Um, you only needed ten slime cores to complete the quest so you can keep the rest, maybe go sell them to an alchemist.
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it has been evaluated.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

QUEST REPORT: Appraised
> > >
Customer Service Department
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
> > >
Determined to advance my excellent skill in handling delicate situations of human interaction even further, I decide on taking the dreaded quest of customer support. Accompanied by a pitying smile, I am escorted to the office. Oh please. There won't be a single customer leaving this office dissatisfied under my watch.

From accounts I have read, it seems like most difficult customers can vaguely be categorized into the following 6 categories:
1. Protesting due to a minimal discrepancy
2. Blaming others for their mistake
3. Causing misery on purpose
4. Changing their opinion over and over again/Not knowing what they want
5. Ignoring rules and thinking it normal
6. Simply being stupid

I take a seat at my designated desk and quickly sort the bit of paperwork on the table before the first customer walks in. It's an elf that seems to place great importance on his appearance, with everything neatly arranged. Might be a class 1 customer. As he approaches me I adjust my glasses and ask:

"Exal, customer service. How can I help you?"

The elf takes a deep breath before stating his case: "Yes, I am Folen Morlen. Three days ago, I issued a quest to drive away a group of wolves plaguing my farm's field. But after the quest was done, the field was all torn up from the fight!"

Oh? This is new. "Is that so? Let me check the report..." I sift through the reports and quickly find the one in question. A quick scan of the contents later I nod in agreement. The fight described here indeed seems to have damaged the field. "In this case, the adventurer is indeed guilty for damaging the property - though as it was unintentional and done to fulfill the quest, it is not counted as a crime. However, in this case, you are still eligible for compensation equal to 40% of the expected worth of the grown crops in total, with most of it coming from the adventurer and some from the guild. Keep in mind that the percentage is likely to differ under other circumstances. Now, let me help you fill out the form..."

A couple of minutes of me talking without taking a breath later and guiding him through the steps, the elf leaves, still somewhat disgruntled but satisfied with the result. That's one.

It doesn't take long until the next customer arrives - this time an angry-looking woman. I fear it might be a class 2 customer. Like a machine, I ask:

"The adventurers messed EVERYTHING up! They-" And she starts blabbering on. It takes a while until she releases a piece of relevant information about what the quest was supposed to be about. I instantly grab this piece of information and interrupt her as she goes out of breath.

"Is that so? Let me check that." A quick search later I do indeed find the quest requirements - and find several inconsistencies with what she described.

"Madam, it seems like the requirements you gave were fulfilled without issues though? As you can clearly see here, the requirements entailed..."

After a quick explanation of the facts, which seems to offend her, I continue with something more pleasant to her ear. "However, you do have a point - what you stated is indeed indirectly connected to the quest, which allows you to hire adventurers to solve this new problem with a discount."

But it still takes a while until I manage to convince her to accept the discount. While still grumbling unhappily, she seems pacified. That is number 2. I solve complaints of 7 additional customers this way before a complaint from the other side arrives. Facing this clearly angry adventurer, I reply mechanically:

I get a wrathful protest in reply. "What do you mean I didn't do it properly!? I did everything that ***** told me to!"

"If you could please tell me which quest you refer to, I can-"

Instead of an answer the man simply keeps shouting at me.

I try again. "If you could-"

Again no effect. Like a machine, I repeat my question time after time until finally, the man, out of breath from all of his shouting scoffs and tells me the report. I read through the content, compare it to the requirements, and take the information from all of his complaints I temporarily saved in my core. About a dozen seconds of baffled silence later I turn my eyes back at the adventurer.

"I'm sorry, but you indeed did not fulfill the requirements. While I do have to agree that what she told you you should do was different from what the requirements stated and that you did complete what she told you without any mistakes, it is, in the end, the written requirement that counts. But you are indeed eligible for a reward greater than what you actually received, and I am terribly sorry about that. I will have the money given to you immediately. Aside from that, I can only suggest to get written proof and to stay true to the written request."

"Written... proof?" Comes the relieved and confused answer.

"Yes, written proof. If the one that gave the quest signs that you fulfilled the quest, then even if the requirements were not fulfilled, you might still receive the full reward."

Enlightened by my wisdom the adventurer gratefully nods before leaving the office as I inwardly chuckle at his foolishness. At least I could educate some people today. With that done, I finish my report and hand it in.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT: Unappraised

Determined to advance my excellent skill in handling delicate situations of human interaction even further, I decide on taking the dreaded quest of customer support. Accompanied by a pitying smile, I am escorted to the office. Oh please. There won't be a single customer leaving this office dissatisfied under my watch.

From accounts I have read, it seems like most difficult customers can vaguely be categorized into the following 6 categories:
1. Protesting due to a minimal discrepancy
2. Blaming others for their mistake
3. Causing misery on purpose
4. Changing their opinion over and over again/Not knowing what they want
5. Ignoring rules and thinking it normal
6. Simply being stupid

I take a seat at my designated desk and quickly sort the bit of paperwork on the table before the first customer walks in. It's an elf that seems to place great importance on his appearance, with everything neatly arranged. Might be a class 1 customer. As he approaches me I adjust my glasses and ask:

The elf takes a deep breath before stating his case: "Yes, I am Folen Morlen. Three days ago, I issued a quest to drive away a group of wolves plaguing my farm's field. But after the quest was done, the field was all torn up from the fight!"

Oh? This is new. "Is that so? Let me check the report..." I sift through the reports and quickly find the one in question. A quick scan of the contents later I nod in agreement. The fight described here indeed seems to have damaged the field. "In this case, the adventurer is indeed guilty for damaging the property - though as it was unintentional and done to fulfill the quest, it is not counted as a crime. However, in this case, you are still eligible for compensation equal to 40% of the expected worth of the grown crops in total, with most of it coming from the adventurer and some from the guild. Keep in mind that the percentage is likely to differ under other circumstances. Now, let me help you fill out the form..."

A couple of minutes of me talking without taking a breath later and guiding him through the steps, the elf leaves, still somewhat disgruntled but satisfied with the result. That's one.

It doesn't take long until the next customer arrives - this time an angry-looking woman. I fear it might be a class 2 customer. Like a machine, I ask:

"The adventurers messed EVERYTHING up! They-" And she starts blabbering on. It takes a while until she releases a piece of relevant information about what the quest was supposed to be about. I instantly grab this piece of information and interrupt her as she goes out of breath.

"Is that so? Let me check that." A quick search later I do indeed find the quest requirements - and find several inconsistencies with what she described.

"Madam, it seems like the requirements you gave were fulfilled without issues though? As you can clearly see here, the requirements entailed..."

After a quick explanation of the facts, which seems to offend her, I continue with something more pleasant to her ear. "However, you do have a point - what you stated is indeed indirectly connected to the quest, which allows you to hire adventurers to solve this new problem with a discount."

But it still takes a while until I manage to convince her to accept the discount. While still grumbling unhappily, she seems pacified. That is number 2. I solve complaints of 7 additional customers this way before a complaint from the other side arrives. Facing this clearly angry adventurer, I reply mechanically:

I get a wrathful protest in reply. "What do you mean I didn't do it properly!? I did everything that ***** told me to!"

"If you could please tell me which quest you refer to, I can-"

Instead of an answer the man simply keeps shouting at me.

I try again. "If you could-"

Again no effect. Like a machine, I repeat my question time after time until finally, the man, out of breath from all of his shouting scoffs and tells me the report. I read through the content, compare it to the requirements, and take the information from all of his complaints I temporarily saved in my core. About a dozen seconds of baffled silence later I turn my eyes back at the adventurer.

"I'm sorry, but you indeed did not fulfill the requirements. While I do have to agree that what she told you you should do was different from what the requirements stated and that you did complete what she told you without any mistakes, it is, in the end, the written requirement that counts. But you are indeed eligible for a reward greater than what you actually received, and I am terribly sorry about that. I will have the money given to you immediately. Aside from that, I can only suggest to get written proof and to stay true to the written request."

"Written... proof?" Comes the relieved and confused answer.

"Yes, written proof. If the one that gave the quest signs that you fulfilled the quest, then even if the requirements were not fulfilled, you might still receive the full reward."

Enlightened by my wisdom the adventurer gratefully nods before leaving the office as I inwardly chuckle at his foolishness. At least I could educate some people today. With that done, I finish my report and hand it in.
Well done, as always you've gone above and beyond.
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it has been evaluated.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
QUEST REPORT - EVALUATED
> > >
Hunting Mission
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >

Quest Report - Okarin

Okarin's hands were bloody.

They held a dagger.

The slime person stared at their soaked palms, which were dripping with red fluid.

—Why?

Why was Okarin doing this?

Why? Why? Why? Why?!

Their right arm trembled a little, and Okarin wiped the tears away from their eyes.

Then they closed their eyes and plunged the knife down again.

They killed it.

+ + +​

A few hours ago.

They had returned from being a captive in the Halfing camp only a few days prior. A nice Leprechaun had traveled with them back to Scribel City. The lady was very polite, and she never mentioned anything about her homeland being attacked about the humans. They spent a whole two weeks on the road, and Leprechaun laughed and talked about ordinary things.

About the weather. The dandelion puffballs that floated across the sky. When it rained, the rainbows that appeared. Potatoes that sprouted because her brother forgot to plant them. Clover that grew in rocky soil because nothing else would grow in the terrible hills, but at least it would be green.

Chasing the end of the rainbow.

She spoke of the happy times and the nice times. She spoke of her family and the treasure of her life.

She talked about the things that she loved.

There wasn't a single word about the Rebellion and the hanging shadow of that Human Empire.

+ + +​

They parted ways, and Sica went to the Adventurer's Guild for a tour guide who would show her around the city.

Okarin... on the other hand...

...was back home.

Or... not really.

Okarin were left standing outside of the walls of Scribel City, unsure if they should walk in.

Were they were really welcome here? Inside this city?

People did not like slimes in Scribel City.

Was this place really any better than anywhere else that Okarin had been?

At least the Halfwing Rebels were not constantly trying to kill Green Slime every single time they spotted a slime on the street. Oddly enough, Okarin felt safer in a faraway rebel camp than in the city where adventurers were supposed to be their fellow compatriots. In Scribel City, whenever Okarin walked into the local tavern, they found themselves staring at the fists of every Adventurer laughing and drinking beer — wondering exactly how many slime cores had been gutted and splattered by those knuckles and knives that were sold in the local Scribel Market.

In fact, that was exactly what Okarin did.

Okarin walked straight in through the city gates and went to the Market.

They didn't stop for anything, and single-mindedly stormed their way to Flames Of War, the armory where many beginner adventurer's bought their equipment at. Wordlessly, Okarin dumped the remainder of all their money on the table and purchased an iron dagger.

One dagger.

Okarin had seen many children and level 1 adventurers chasing little slimes throughout the streets with exactly the same brand of dagger. Manufactured by the same blacksmith and sold in exactly the same store.

Skewering slimes. Splat. Dead.

Rinse and repeat.

Skewer. Splat. Dead.

Skewer. Splat. Dead.

Skewer. Splat.

Dead.

+ + +​

Okarin shoved the door to the Adventurer's Guild and barged their way to the Quest Board.

They grabbed a flyer off the wall.

They didn't need to read it.

—Hunting Mission.

Okarin had failed this quest previously.

Okarin never wanted to killed anything.

The receptionist hadn't been pleased with the results.

But today, Okarin's fist tightened. The guild wanted "Adventurers"?

They wanted "Adventurers" — right?

Okarin could be an "Adventurer" — Sure.

Being an "Adventurer" was easy.

+ + +​

Okarin tramped their way through the forest.

They found an Elk.

Okarin knew this Elk. Okarin lived close to the forest. Okarin saw lots of forest animals every day. This Elk was familiar with Okarin's smell. Okarin was a slime. Slime didn't eat Elk. Slime wasn't dangerous to Elk. Okarin safe. Okarin not dangerous. Okarin friend.

Okarin stabbed the Elk.

They dragged the knife across the Elk's neck, causing blood to spurt across all the grass.

Okarin stabbed the Elk.

Okarin stabbed it again.

Bood pooled around Okarin's ankles, staining Okarin's ragged cloak.

The Elk was silent, because dumb animals like Elk didn't make noises when they were hunted.

Elk was just a dumb animal.

Adventurers didn't care about dumb animal.

Okarin stabbed the Elk as its big glassy eyes stared up at the slime person.

Okarin stabbed it.

+ + +​

Okarin lugged the Elk through the city gates and through the front door of the guild.

They dragged it by its antlers.

A trail of blood smeared over the wooden floor of the entrance.

Okarin's hands were bloody, and half their torso was drenched with animal blood.

They dropped the bleeding lump of meat right in front of the receptionist's desk.

There was a moment of silence.

"I killed it." Okarin announced flatly, their eyes glassy and emotionless.

"I'm an Adventurer, so reward me."

Summary:
  • Okarin bought a dagger.
  • Okarin killed an elk.
  • Okarin brought it to the guild

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT - UNEVALUATED

Quest Report - Okarin

Okarin's hands were bloody.

They held a dagger.

The slime person stared at their soaked palms, which were dripping with red fluid.

—Why?

Why was Okarin doing this?

Why? Why? Why? Why?!

Their right arm trembled a little, and Okarin wiped the tears away from their eyes.

Then they closed their eyes and plunged the knife down again.

They killed it.

+ + +​

A few hours ago.

They had returned from being a captive in the Halfing camp only a few days prior. A nice Leprechaun had traveled with them back to Scribel City. The lady was very polite, and she never mentioned anything about her homeland being attacked about the humans. They spent a whole two weeks on the road, and Leprechaun laughed and talked about ordinary things.

About the weather. The dandelion puffballs that floated across the sky. When it rained, the rainbows that appeared. Potatoes that sprouted because her brother forgot to plant them. Clover that grew in rocky soil because nothing else would grow in the terrible hills, but at least it would be green.

Chasing the end of the rainbow.

She spoke of the happy times and the nice times. She spoke of her family and the treasure of her life.

She talked about the things that she loved.

There wasn't a single word about the Rebellion and the hanging shadow of that Human Empire.

+ + +​

They parted ways, and Sica went to the Adventurer's Guild for a tour guide who would show her around the city.

Okarin... on the other hand...

...was back home.

Or... not really.

Okarin were left standing outside of the walls of Scribel City, unsure if they should walk in.

Were they were really welcome here? Inside this city?

People did not like slimes in Scribel City.

Was this place really any better than anywhere else that Okarin had been?

At least the Halfwing Rebels were not constantly trying to kill Green Slime every single time they spotted a slime on the street. Oddly enough, Okarin felt safer in a faraway rebel camp than in the city where adventurers were supposed to be their fellow compatriots. In Scribel City, whenever Okarin walked into the local tavern, they found themselves staring at the fists of every Adventurer laughing and drinking beer — wondering exactly how many slime cores had been gutted and splattered by those knuckles and knives that were sold in the local Scribel Market.

In fact, that was exactly what Okarin did.

Okarin walked straight in through the city gates and went to the Market.

They didn't stop for anything, and single-mindedly stormed their way to Flames Of War, the armory where many beginner adventurer's bought their equipment at. Wordlessly, Okarin shoved the remainder of all their money on the table and purchased an iron dagger.

One dagger.

Okarin had seen many children and level 1 adventurers chasing little slimes throughout the streets with exactly the same brand of dagger. Manufactured by the same blacksmith and sold in exactly the same store.

Skewering slimes. Splat. Dead.

Rinse and repeat.

Skewer. Splat. Dead.

Skewer. Splat. Dead.

Skewer. Splat.

Dead.

+ + +​

Okarin shoved the door to the Adventurer's Guild and barged his way to the Quest Board.

He grabbed a flyer off the wall.

They didn't need to read it.

—Hunting Mission.

Okarin had failed this quest previously.

Okarin never wanted to killed anything.

The receptionist hadn't been pleased with the results.

But today, Okarin's fist tightened. The guild wanted "Adventurers"?

They wanted "Adventurers" — right?

Okarin could be an "Adventurer" — Sure.

+ + +​

Okarin tramped their way through the forest.

They found an Elk.

Okarin knew this Elk. Okarin lived close to the forest. Okarin saw lots of forest animals every day. This Elk was familiar with Okarin's smell. Okarin was a slime. Slime didn't eat Elk. Slime wasn't dangerous to Elk. Okarin safe. Okarin not dangerous. Okarin friend.

Okarin stabbed the Elk.

They dragged the knife across the Elk's neck, causing blood to spurt across all the grass.

Okarin stabbed the Elk.

Okarin stabbed it again.

Bood pooled around Okarin's ankles, staining Okarin's ragged cloak.

The Elk was silent, because dumb animals like Elk didn't make noises when they were hunted.

Elk was just a dumb animal.

Adventurers didn't care about dumb animal.

Okarin stabbed the Elk as its big glassy eyes stared up at the slime person.

Okarin stabbed it.

+ + +​

Okarin lugged the Elk through the city gates and through the front door of the guild.

They dragged it by its antlers.

A trail of blood smeared over the wooden floor of the entrance.

Okarin's hands were bloody, and half their torso was drenched with animal blood.

They dropped the bleeding lump of meat right in front of the receptionist's desk.

There was a moment of silence.

"I killed it." Okarin announced flatly, their eyes glassy and emotionless.

"I'm an Adventurer, so reward me."

Summary:
  • Okarin bought a dagger.
  • Okarin killed an elk.
  • Okarin brought it to the guild

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]
"Hmm... Next time, please properly clean the meat and spread their parts to avoid unnecessarily dirtied the Adventure Guild's floor. Also, go back and wash up, your appearance looked a little too disturbing for some of our staffs. After all, not everyone could kill at a whim like some of the adventurers." *Pats head*

"Don't think too much about life and death. You're still so young, and when you grow up, you'll learn that it's a natural way of life."

Rewards: 80 EXP, 20 G, 5 Jerky

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

Waking up as soon as the sun set, Liana got dressed and washed her face. Feeling hungry from not having a 'meal' for 2 days, the new-born vampire licked her lips as she pondered over whether to order a blue steak again, or to risk finding a live source to 'nibble' on. Not wanting to have to deal with Hejlikka for the third night in a row and possibly attack her for her truly delicious blood, Liana thought to look at the quest board and see if there was anything else she could do since she had the feeling Guard Captain Harrison would still be unwilling to let her work in the prison again.

Leaving her room and locking the door, she noticed what appeared to be a male elf kneeling in front of the door next to hers with some metal tools in his hands at the door lock.

"..."

"..."

They both looked at each other for a few seconds before the male elf smiled awkwardly and got up and scratched the back of his head, "Hahaha, I left my key with my girlfriend and it seems she locked the door behind her and fell asleep, so I couldn't get back in. I'd tell the staff, but I don't want to wake her up. Gods knows how wrathful she'd be if I interrupted her beauty sleep, hahaha..."

"...I see." Liana replied in a detached tone, not really caring about what he was saying due to the sweet scent wafting off him. "Are all elves tasty?" She thought to herself as she left the man and headed downstairs, walked through the already noisy tavern and left for the guild quest board.

Reading through the quests, she saw one that seemed interesting, plus it would give her the excuse of finding some 'food' along the way. Taking the quest off the board, she went got the report from the receptionist at the guild, read through it, took the room key and then quickly left before Hejlikka could see her.

Investigate A Murder Part 1

Sponser: Scribel Adventurer's Guild
Minimal Level Requirement: 2
Tag List: @Epsil
Objectives:
  • Ask around town for the whereabouts of the girl, who she associates with, and where she was last seen.
  • Try to be discreet

Description:
According to this report, The girl died from multiple stab wounds.
Upon checking the Scribel Archives, we discovered that she was a level 3 adventurer.
Hardly one to die to mere goblins.
Attatched are a list of her possessions

Possesions:
  • Two newly brewed healing potions
  • A room key
  • A 15 healing herbs covered in blood

Rewards:
  • 110 EXP
  • 25 Gold
Not inspecting the room key for the moment, Liana thought to look for some adventurers she'd met while doing her customer service quests. Walking through the city streets, she found some of them and asked them how they were doing before subtly asking if they'd heard of a Level 3 adventurer called Claire since she'd left the guild before getting her reward from the receptionist. None of them seemed to have heard of her, and so she left it at that and said bye to them after asking them how their own quests had been going.

After walking around for a few hours with no results, she decided to inspect the key that Claire was found in possession of. Looking at it carefully, she noticed how it was very similar to her own tavern key. Thinking that she'd found a clue to grasp on, she made her way back to the tavern and looked for the least busy maid.

"You found this key on the side of the road? Let me check who it belongs to." The maid put down the empty drinks tray she'd been carrying, wiped her hands on her apron, and went over to the logbook to check who owned the key. Running her finger down the pages, she eventually stopped on a name and tapped it several times. "Ah, this belongs to Claire! Such a sweet girl and so talented at making potions."

"...Making potions? Is she an alchemist, then?" Liana asked in a detached tone as she desperately tried to hold off the instinct to pounce on the nearby obese human drinking heavily and feed on him.

The maid giggled at the question, "Hahaha! No, she's an adventurer. A talented one, too. She joined about a few weeks ago and is already Level 3 in the guild. In fact, just a few days ago she left to go foraging for herbs to make more potions. Oh! She also got a boyfriend recently: an elf, I believe."

"...Oh? Is he an adventurer, too?"

"Hmm, I don't think he is. He tends to prefer working with his tools, making various contraptions and trying to sell them in the market." The maid glanced around before leaning in and whispering, "If you ask me, I think she could do better. I hear he has a bad history with some not very nice people from a few decades ago."

"A few decades ago?" Liana slightly raised her eyebrows at that.

"Ah, don't you know? Elves can live for hundreds of years and age incredibly slowly after they reach their teens. Not to mention they all seem to be really good-looking, too. Ah~! I'm so jealous of Claire for getting such a good-looking boyfriend! Ah...but I wouldn't want someone with a questionable past." She looked a little embarrassed from her complaint.

"...I see. So, how did they end up meeting?" Liana tilted her head inquisitively, yet with a detached look on her face.

"Hmm, if I recall, they met while she was helping at the temple. He'd supposedly been stabbed by someone and she treated his wounds with her potions. Apparently it was love at first sight."

"...Apparently?"

"Well, I believe Claire really did fall for him, but him? I highly doubt it. The way I see it, she was a meal ticket for him. I mean, they even share the same room but she's the one who pays the rent and owns the key. Ah, come to think of it I saw him earlier going upstairs, but then leaving after a few minutes with a big sack on his shoulders. I wonder what that was about..."

"...Out of curiosity...is Claire's room next to mine?"

"Hmm? Let me check." She flipped through the pages to the most recent one and found Liana's name. "Yes. How did you know?" The maid looked up in surprise.

"...I think I saw the boyfriend using some tools to unlock the door just before I left to do some work..."

"EHH?!"

The maid then closed the book, took the key and headed upstairs - with Liana following close behind. As they reached the room, the door was unlocked when the maid tried the handle. She pushed the door open to see a ransacked room. The drawers in the dresser were left slightly open with the clothes half hanging out and in a mess, the chest that had been used for personal storage had the padlock open and lying on the floor with the contents mostly gone. The alchemist equipment that Claire usually used for making potions was on the floor - with broken vials and bent metal tools.

"...This...this...this is terrible! I knew he was a good-for-nothing!" The maid looked angry and was ready to storm off to tell the tavern owner, however Liana grabbed her arm to stop her.

"We don't know if it was him. He might have come back, found the door locked without Claire there and chose to wait inside for her. Then, once he opened the door, he saw this and fled with his own stuff in fear." She said in a detached tone.

"..." The maid didn't really think that was the case, but chose to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Okay...but I still need to report this to the owner so we can explain things when Claire gets back....Oh...poor Claire..." She started crying as she tried to tidy up the mess a bit.

Thinking about her quest, Liana asked where the boyfriend might be found, to which the maid said he usually hung around the market or the forge areas. Having another clue to go on, she asked for the name of the boyfriend - which was Karl Jakobsson - and then left the tavern.

Walking in the direction of the forge areas after seeing some soot-covered blacksmiths coming from a certain street, Liana looked for any signs of the male elf she'd seen earlier that night. After an hour of walking around all of the different smithies and other industrial buildings, Liana got a whiff of blood in the wind and followed where it came from. After following the scent for a few minutes, the new-born spotted some dark puddles of liquid on the ground trailing towards a dark alley with the puddles increasing in size the further away from her they were.

"..."

Looking around to see if there was anyone else in the area, Liana stepped into the alley to find a body lying in a pool of cold and drying blood. Feeling an ache in her throat - as well as her fangs involuntarily lengthening - she could see it was a male elf barely breathing. Creeping closer with great restraint over her hunger, she asked, "Are you Karl Jakobsson?"

Seeing the woman's glowing red eyes in the dark alley, the male elf was alarmed but thought there was no point in being scared since he felt he wouldn't survive the next few minutes anyway. Nodding his head with great difficulty, he recognised the woman once she got close enough, "You're...hah...that...ngh...tavern...hah...neigh...bour...?"

Liana didn't answer as she continued her questioning, "Are you Claire's boyfriend?"

Karl's eyes widened at the mention of his girlfriend, before tearing up, "...I was...I doubt...hah...she's alive...now..."

"What makes you think that?" Liana asked coldly - her fangs already digging into her lips and making a mess of them.

"...I don't...hah...deserve...good...things ngh...and hah...she was...the.........best thing...I hah...ever...had..." His breathing was getting more laboured as he struggled to speak; blood coming out of his mouth with every word he spoke.

Gulping hard with difficulty, Liana stuck to her task, "Who did this?"

"........................A flower...of metal...bright hah...as the sssssssun ngh....with thorns...full of...mal...ice.........................and roots hah...digging..........deep..........................." He passed away from his many stab wounds as well as blood loss.

Not wanting to pass up a free 'meal', Liana knelt on the ground and greedily licked the blood like a starved animal. She then crawled towards Karl's open wounds and sucked the remaining red nectar before it dried up. Regaining her senses after a few minutes of sucking and swallowing, she released her mouth from the rapidly cooling body and wiped it on a dry patch of her prey's clothes. She then got up and patted down her clothes and legs to get rid of any dirt from when she was crawling.
She looked at Karl's corpse and pondered what to do next. Seeing as how she'd found out where Claire had lived - as well as that she had a boyfriend - and that she knew the tavern maid last saw her leaving the tavern saying she was going to collect some herbs for more potions. She then thought about how her boyfriend had died the same way that she had: multiple stab wounds, and that it was related to Karl's past affiliations most likely.

"A flower of metal as bright as the sun, with thorns full of malice and roots digging deep..." She muttered to herself as she recalled the male elf's final words, his answer for who did it. Not really knowing what to do about this supposed organisation, Liana decided to head back to the guild, making a mental note about where Karl's body was so it could be cleaned up by the city guards.
It was past dawn when she finally arrived at the guild, where she lethargically wrote her report and handed it in, her gold eyes looking weary once she finished writing. Wanting to go to sleep, as soon as the report was evaluated she hurried back to her tavern room - did her usual routine - then fell into a deep sleep.

• Asked around the city for info on Claire, but nobody knew her
  • Found out she lived in the tavern
  • Found out she had an elf boyfriend with a questionable past
  • Found her room broken into and ransacked
  • Found whereabouts of boyfriend
  • Boyfriend was also stabbed like Claire and died shortly after being found
  • Before dying, boyfriend gave enigmatic answer to who killed him: 'A flower of metal as bright as the sun, with thorns full of malice and roots digging deep.'
@Epsil
[OOC: Don't know if I did this right. I also didn't know if it was okay to incorporate a bit of the Golden Rose into this, or not...
Sorry, if I've messed things up!
>w<]

X

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
Prison Guard Duty
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Spend a shift guarding a prisoner.
  • Do not let the prisoner to escape.
When vagrants break the law, they are sent to prison.
If they're found guilty, they could be hanged for their crimes.
Guarding them shouldn't be too difficult...
Well, as long as nothing goes wrong.
Rewards:
> > >
Report for Quest: Prison Guard Duty
Sponsor
: Adventurer's Guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: I am a paranoid person. If you're going to be a crafting adventurer, it pays to be paranoid. You have only what you prepare to fight with, so it is important to think of any situation that may occur.
I suppose that's why I was lucky tonight.
When I accepted this quest, I made sure to properly prepare. I had multiple health potions on my person, my dagger, and some items that may induce paralysis.
The cell I was told to guard contained two men. One was tall and well built. The other was also tall, but not nearly as strong. He was however, in a word, handsome. The two of them were on opposite sides of the cell, and they spent most of the time silently staring at one another, sometimes engaging in conversation.
It was an hour into my shift that the trouble began. The argument between the two had been slowly getting more heated until the handsome on punched the strong one. The strong one fought back, and then the two were fighting hard. I realized I needed to take of this before they did any serious damage to each other, so I quickly ran inside and did my best to pull the two apart.
Actually, I didn't. I'm not stupid.
I called for reinforcements first before taking action. I took out my paralysis potion and vaporized it across the cell. The two of them didn't notice at first. I entered the cell once I had done so, and the two of them immediately set themselves upon me. This turned out to be rather foolish of them, as it barely took more than a minute for the numbing to render them unable to fight effectively.
Once I had both of them rendered unconscious, the other guards finally arrived. Once we healed the two of them up, we moved them to separate cells and I spent the rest of my shift guarding the handsome man. He didn't give me any more trouble. After my shift, I reported back here.
Appraised and Approved by: Solet' Luna

Last edited: