I am now an official ScribbleHuber

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I just deleted my RR account. Damn, did it feel good? Yes, it did! People over there complained about everything, even though I gave it my all. Here, on SH, I can write for myself and just share my stories. One good thing about SH is that, if someone doesn't like your story, they simply put it down. They don't try to make you rewrite it. Or sent you comments about not liking your plot points. Sure, it is silent here. But I rather prefer the silence, to be honest.
No longer will I write for others. From now on, I am writing to my taste and if someone wants to read my scribbles, then fine. They are welcomed to them. Doravg is a free elf!

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
I just deleted my RR account. Damn, did it feel good? Yes, it did! People over there complained about everything, even though I gave it my all. Here, on SH, I can write for myself and just share my stories. One good thing about SH is that, if someone doesn't like your story, they simply put it down. They don't try to make you rewrite it. Or sent you comments about not liking your plot points. Sure, it is silent here. But I rather prefer the silence, to be honest.
No longer will I write for others. From now on, I am writing to my taste and if someone wants to read my scribbles, then fine. They are welcomed to them. Doravg is a free elf!
Welp lets see how bad RR truly is and also good luck on your typing

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Congratulations! Welcome to the fold.

Agentt

Thighs
Now just pledge yourself to Tony once and for all

Mr.Grey-Cat

I just deleted my RR account
finally-freedom.jpg

Congratulations, but...
Sure, it is silent here. But I rather prefer the silence, to be honest.
Shouldn't you go outside, touch some grass, maybe visit a doctor or something?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
RR is for making money.
SH is for writing whatever you want.

You can still make money on SH and get a following but I find SH has more readers around the world who aren't as likely to contribute financially. A lot of my readers are from Brazil, India and Indonesia.

Also congratulations for realizing you don't have to please people with your writing.

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
Time to haze :)

jk, welcome here, I can feel the pain of RR lol, it's fun here.

Western42

....I may be Insane....
Well, Royal Road is at least better than WattPad, but still, this place is much more welcoming.

Jemini

Welp lets see how bad RR truly is and also good luck on your typing
I've never actually experienced the issues everyone else complains about RR having. I have been told it might just be because my natural writing style just so happens to align better with the tastes of people over there though.

I have started getting people commenting about my plot points a little in a recent fan fiction I started writing, but I have properly justified every point by way of referencing the original work and had the person complaining immediately back down every time. As soon as it becomes clear my fan fiction is the way it is because I'm being more true to the original source material than they want me to be, they have no argument and they know it.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I've never actually experienced the issues everyone else complains about RR having. I have been told it might just be because my natural writing style just so happens to align better with the tastes of people over there though.

I have started getting people commenting about my plot points a little in a recent fan fiction I started writing, but I have properly justified every point by way of referencing the original work and had the person complaining immediately back down every time. As soon as it becomes clear my fan fiction is the way it is because I'm being more true to the original source material than they want me to be, they have no argument and they know it.
I'm actually certain it's not difficult to write for RR as long as your plot makes sense, you use a lot more show over tell, and you have good grammar.. To be honest, I don't find it intimidating since I know what it takes to succeed on RR based on the writing there that gets popular. A friend of mine posted a Fan fiction on RR just for fun and someone came in and basically ridiculed it from top to bottom calling it a Gary Stu Protagonist when he was just posting it to get practice and have fun. Granted a lot of the criticisms I gave him via disqus on another site such as show versus tell meant the criticism couldn't focus on that in the later chapters.

It's just the stress of RR that turns a lot of writers off and it's difficult to "have fun" when you're "trying to impress." Now, if you have fun writing what they like the way they like and you naturally go that direction it's probably an easy way to make money off of them. :)

For me, my subject matter which is more than 10% smut would probably get me taken down there.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Don't use ScribbleHuber. That's our word. You can use ScribbleHubba', though.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I tend to get so little feedback on both places it is hard to confirm oh well. Whatever makes you happy right?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Welcome to the dark side! As part of your training, please give my stories a one-star rating 😇