I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Squirrel

Oh, I thought you stopped. So I deleted my reply. But if it's still going on then here I go-
*Predict the future

Hathnuz

Oh, I thought you stopped. So I deleted my reply. But if it's still going on then here I go-
*Predict the future
Soul swapping isn't really a thing in ScribbleHub, but that doesn't mean all hope is lost. Decent premise; only the title is holding it back because it's vague. Good first chapter.

Less than 150 readers by Chapter 30.

Temple

For a story about overprotective brother, there's no incest tag surprisingly -- kind of unusual, but whatever
Without any context that this is in SH, someone reading something like this will be very concerned.
:blobrofl:

BornInAbyss

Sorry for the delay again. This time, I caught a fever, so I couldn't review anything.

The premise is decent but not amazing. The first chapter could be better without the exposition prologue. I know you wanted to show some context, but I'd prefer it after you introduce the mc... or make it into separate chapter.

For a story about overprotective brother, there's no incest tag surprisingly -- kind of unusual, but whatever. Although the premise is slightly unique, it still has a long way to go. I have nothing to say for the first chapter except good enough.

100-300 readers by Chapter 30

At first glance, I wasn't sure what the stories about since you just wrote a lore as the synopsis. Also, writing anthologies isn't a good idea to gain readers. Judging from Kitty Kitty's synopsis (the only story you post so far), the premise is unique but seems to be... not fit very well for SH audience. Well-written first chapter, that's all I can say.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30

The story differs from the usual isekai litrpg with a hoarder mc, but still not enough to become popular. Other than that, pretty nice read and I've got no complaints.

100-200 readers by Chapter 30

For an isekai story, I honestly have no idea why do you only have few readers. Then again, there are some issues with it. The synopsis is confusing -- I had to read it thrice to understand it better. The title is very bland. The first chapter is alright, actually. Nevertheless, your story should have at least 10-30 readers with the isekai tag alone. I guess it's not that interesting anymore.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30.

AinsleyMarrow actually made a sort of companion thread but I don't think they keep it updated. If someone else is willing to continue it, I'll be more than grateful.

Despite the story being somewhat interesting, horror and mystery don't sell well at all here. I hope you keep writing and are not bothered with numbers.

Maybe its the title thats not baiting people. So I changed it into ''Reborn in a world full of demons''

finalrealms

I am literally new in this community. I saw a few of your evaluations for other authors out there. Mind if you give a minute to mine as well? But anyway, let me offer my gratitude for taking your time into our work.
I still haven’t grasped how to use the signature, so instead, maybe I’ll just pop my link in here for your evaluation.

I won’t say much yet since it is just a first chapter, the second following by tomorrow.

Final Realms - Prologue

Attachments

• 300px new world.jpg
    300px new world.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38

HardlyStellar

Despite the story being somewhat interesting, horror and mystery don't sell well at all here. I hope you keep writing and are not bothered with numbers.

Thank you for the review! Yeah, I'm in it for the writing and not for the numbers. Either way, what do you think is a good platform for the story if not ScribbleHub?

Hathnuz

I am literally new in this community. I saw a few of your evaluations for other authors out there. Mind if you give a minute to mine as well? But anyway, let me offer my gratitude for taking your time into our work.
I still haven’t grasped how to use the signature, so instead, maybe I’ll just pop my link in here for your evaluation.

I won’t say much yet since it is just a first chapter, the second following by tomorrow.

Final Realms - Prologue
The premise seems a bit... bland as in there's nothing special about the story, judging from your synopsis. The title could be improved and the first chapter is okay.

Might as well throw my hat into the ring
To be frank, I never really a fan of amnesiac protagonist, but I'll cast my bias aside. The premise is actually alright because it has Girls Love vibes from the synopsis which will attract some readers (but not much without the actual tag). First chapter is average.

Thank you for the review! Yeah, I'm in it for the writing and not for the numbers. Either way, what do you think is a good platform for the story if not ScribbleHub?
That's a hard question. Every webnovel site I know doesn't particularly have readers that like mystery/horror.

Your best bet is probably reddit. Or create your own site for your story.

Scagar

Give me your story's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can visit TheTrinary's or Zirrboy's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.

By the way, feel free to check my novel :blob_reach::
I'm ready to hear the verdict your honor

Hathnuz

I think I just figured out how to attack my novels link in the signature! Please let me know if it doesn't work, thanks
Okay premise, but not enough become popular. The synopsis needs some work. I like how the first chapter begin because you skip the boring part and jump straight into the conflict without confusing me as a reader.

Looking for feedback on my work:

Operation Plague Heart
Usually military novels especially based in the u.s will garner decent amount of readers. Yours also included. However, the premise is average. As for the first chapter, it's interesting and made me wanting to read more. Just a question, I wonder if the Replacer thing was your idea because there's a game that uses this term first.

CheekiBreeki

I wonder if the Replacer thing was your idea because there's a game that uses this term first.
The Replacer thingy was partly my idea. I also know about the other game. But this one is different though because this particular Replacer group
literally replaces normal people with cyborgs to take control of society, kind of like the Institute in Fallout 4
while the other Replacer Syndicate group wants to evolve human into a better race to prepare for the apocalypse.

And just to be clear the chess piece ranking was more or less inspired by the Chess Soldiers from MAR manga. The idea here is that they are like chess pieces moving on the board according to the will of the mastermind behind them.

Last edited:

kiplet

Okay...

City of Roses is a serialized epic firmly set in Portland, Oregon—a wicked concoction of urban pastoral and incantatory fantastic, where sinister high-rise riverfront condos are fought by a sprawling tea-house constructed from scrap lumber and old windows, and ancient sea-gods retire to close-in Southeast apartments with lovely views. It's the story of Jo Maguire, a highly strung, underemployed telemarketer, and what happens when she meets Ysabel, a princess of unspecified pedigree. Jo rather unexpectedly becomes Ysabel's guardian and caretaker, and now must make a place for herself among Ysabel's decidedly unusual family and friends—which involves rather more sword-play than most of us are used to.
Tags
Fairies Modern Fantasy

No. 1.1: When the Phone rings – What is Needed

InkyFingers

Let's see your thoughts.

Pirates took everything from her. But they made a mistake that’ll be their undoing.

Whitehaven. Once a place of joy for Diane filled with love, laughter, family—her home was the center of her life.

Was.

Until pirates sailed in. They took what they wanted and razed the city to the ground. But the pirates lost something too: a map. A map that Diane recognizes will lead her right to the Titan’s Treasure. Riches beyond belief might not replace what she’s lost but besting the pirates that ripped her life from her… that’s worth more than all the gold in the world.

The hunt is on!

Join Diane and her ragtag crew as they sail the seas on the run from pirates, the law, and the demons of their pasts in a race to find a mysterious treasure in this page-turning swashbuckling adventure!

Hathnuz

I have mixed feelings about your story. The prose, grammar, and the pacing are great. On the other hand, the dialogues are not engaging -- it's like they're pretending to be interesting by creating drama between the characters, but the problems are so mundane and shallow that they only make me care less about them. I don't know if it was intentional like a foreshadowing or something; it doesn't work at least for me. Also, introducing your characters properly might solve this problem.

The premise is meh despite having potential with Girls Love vibes. The synopsis and the title need work.

Let's see your thoughts.

Pirates took everything from her. But they made a mistake that’ll be their undoing.

Whitehaven. Once a place of joy for Diane filled with love, laughter, family—her home was the center of her life.

Was.

Until pirates sailed in. They took what they wanted and razed the city to the ground. But the pirates lost something too: a map. A map that Diane recognizes will lead her right to the Titan’s Treasure. Riches beyond belief might not replace what she’s lost but besting the pirates that ripped her life from her… that’s worth more than all the gold in the world.

The hunt is on!

Join Diane and her ragtag crew as they sail the seas on the run from pirates, the law, and the demons of their pasts in a race to find a mysterious treasure in this page-turning swashbuckling adventure!

Sorry, but the premise is painfully generic, especially the title. I only judge it from the synopsis, so I don't know whether your story has twists or not -- if you do, you better write it. The first chapter is pretty bad because it just betrays the readers' expectation. In my opinion, you should merge chapter 1-1 and 1-2.

Last edited:

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Pst, I know I haven't posted another chapter in a bit, but I intend on suspending commissions and getting a backlog this month. Will you lend me your expert appraisal of Love and Life and Lightning! ?

Also, I'm gonna read Magic Lumberjack hold me to that promise, summon me if I don't get to it in a week's time.

Hathnuz

Pst, I know I haven't posted another chapter in a bit, but I intend on suspending commissions and getting a backlog this month. Will you lend me your expert appraisal of Love and Life and Lightning! ?

Also, I'm gonna read Magic Lumberjack hold me to that promise, summon me if I don't get to it in a week's time.
Of course! Especially if you promise that, how could I say no?

But... now I feel bad for my feedback of your story.

The cover, the premise, and the narrative voice are great; as for the rest, not so much. The title is unclear. The synopsis is unnecessarily complicated.

The first chapter has... too many big words for your writing style and story theme. Now, it's probably a weird opinion coming from another author, so maybe it's due to my background as a non-native speaker and my adhd. I thought when I see the your novel's cover, I'd be reading a simple prose with simple words. But hey, that's just my subjective opinion; you can safely ignore it.

100-400 readers by Chapter 30.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Of course! Especially if you promise that, how could I say no?

But... now I feel bad for my feedback of your story.

The cover, the premise, and the narrative voice are great; as for the rest, not so much. The title is unclear. The synopsis is unnecessarily complicated.

The first chapter has... too many big words for your writing style and story theme. Now, it's probably a weird opinion coming from another author, so maybe it's due to my background as a non-native speaker and my adhd. I thought when I see the your novel's cover, I'd be reading a simple prose with simple words. But hey, that's just my subjective opinion; you can safely ignore it.

100-400 readers by Chapter 30.
Thanks a skele-ton, I'll take your advice into account, I think you're right about prose being a bit inaccessible, I'm used to writing for posh people that think elevated diction= art, and it's hard to come back from that.