Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Library

Yorth

Swordman
Memo Title: Donald The Apothecary
Memo Category: Person
Content:
Donald is a middle-aged apothecary suspected of having something to do with the unusual behavior/number of slimes. By day, he works in his shop but at night, he goes into a secret lab. It is not sure exactly if and how related Donald is to the weird occurrences happening around Scribel city, but he stands now as one of the prime suspects.
References:
Quest Report:

After handing out my report on the corpses in the sewer, I checked the quest board to see if there was anything interesting. There might be a lead there that could explain the presence of the mutative agent. And there it was. A report that suspected that apothecaries were breeding slimes.

While this accusation was innocent on its own, the number of weird events that happened around the city these past few months forced me to check every possible path. As such, I started my investigation.

My targets were two men and one woman. The two were middle-aged men while the woman was in her late fifties. Each day, I would keep stalking one of the targets. I didn't initiate contact as I didn't want them to be on guard. I just kept my distance and waited. By the end of the week, I finally caught on to suspicious behavior. One of the men, Donald was his name, had this habit of entering this remote house from a back alley every time after work. At first, I thought that he was just visiting someone, his mother or something, but after further investigation, the house was known to be ownerless.

As such, in the middle of the night, I sneaked into the house. The interiors were shaped like a lab. There were bottles and vials everywhere. Some snakes and rabbits caged, and all sorts of other creatures. I kept checking the house room by room, until I reached the last one. This one, I couldn't open.

Either way, this house was definitely weird. I think he was making experiments on the animals to test out his new drugs. As weird as that was, there was no trace of slime breeding.

The other two apothecaries, John and Jannet, didn't do anything suspicious, as such, I didn't initiate contact. But maybe they just hid their foul play in a way that I didn't notice. I believe this requires more investigation.

Zoey

Mustachu
OOC: I'm currently updating this but everything here should be accurate?

Topic: Slimes
Category
: Monsters (pests)

Slimes are a type of monster largely considered harmless, their appearance my vary but generally slimes are bulbous and contain within them a core, while this core has other uses, it is commonly used for quests verification.

Other Notes:
  • A good amount of slimes insides are acidic as that is how they 'digest' food. OOC: The acidic nature of slimes is really inconsistent from report to report. If you want them to be acidic in your report then they're acidic, if you don't what them to be acidic then they aren't.
  • The size, shape, color, etcetera of a slime core varies from slime to slime.
  • Slimes are know to form nests even though they don't need a partner to reproduce.
    • Slime nests are more just a large gathering of slimes then anything else.
  • Piercing attacks are one of the easier ways to defeat slimes.
  • Many slimes are weak to alkaline substances.
  • Slimes should be culled regularly to avoid infestations.
Slime Types

Slime
Color: Varies
Description: The most basic of slimes. Can adapt over time to any environment.
Diet: Anything.

Sewer Slime
Color: Green and sewagy
Description: Lives in the sewers and eats waste. Can carry a multitude of deceases.
Diet: Sewage and creatures that inhabit the sewers.

Alkaline Slime (Soap Slime)
Color: Deep Green
Description: Feeds on other slimes by dissolving their body in it's Alkaline fluids. It must be bigger than the slime it wishes to eat.
Diet: Other slimes

Herb Slime
Color: Dark Green
Description: A docile slime that can secrete healing jelly.
Diet: Grazes on grass and other plant life.

River Slime
Color: The color of the water they live in. (hard to see)
Description: Water slimes have a thin membrane and propel themselfs forward with jets of water, these jets can be shot at an attacker potentially being deadly.
Diet: Water and plants near the riverbank.
Note: If this slime also exist in lakes then a more appropriate name would be fresh water slimes.

Sea Slime (suspected to exist)
Color: ?
Description: ?
Deit: ?
Note: A slime theorized to live in the sea.

Soot Slime
Color: Grey to Black
Description: Soot slimes are present in blacksmiths and eat the soot and smog produce by furnaces. once a Soot slime eats enough it will become a extremely hard ball of condensed soot often clocking furnaces.
Diet: Soot and smog

Rock Slime
Color: Grey
Description: In it's neutral faze Rock slimes will appear light grey and partially transparent, in this faze it is as weak as a normal slime. In it's aggressive faze it will turn dark grey and opaque becoming as hard as a rock, charging at an aggressor.
Diet: Meat. (it may also eat rocks/ores/gemstones but it is unconfirmed)

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: City of Scribel
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 1G
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 0)
Quest: Slime Subsigation
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of defending the city of Scribel from the vicious nuisance of the slime horde. This quest was rated as a level one quest by the City. You have wronged me!
These slimes must be at least level five! My beloved sword, Ludwig Von Stabtoven, was permanently scarred by the first slime I tried to engage in combat. Further, the slime was able to repel my attacks and inflicted grievous injury to my person. Not only that, but once I engaged the first slime, twenty others pounced upon me killing my compatriot, Rolf, who was only there to carry these "slime cores" you requested. If not for the timely assistance of a carriage returning to the city which ran over the slimes, I might have perished. I did retrieve twenty of these "slime cores" from dead slimes, but I hope that you will raise the difficulty of the quest for those unfortunate level one adventurers like myself in the future.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman
Quest Report

Character: Vor Saknave (Level 1)

Quest: Slime Subjugation.

Report:

After taking the quest from the Adventure Guild, I looked around the city looking for traces of corrupted ether. The mana quickly showed me the way to the sewers.

Due to my dark robe, I blended with the darkness and slowly made my way through the sewer. I found multiple demons: beastified rats, silver serpents, mutated maggots, etc... But I didn't engage with any of them as they weren't part of the quest.

After two hours, I finally found a nest of slimes. Seems like someone threw a bunch of corpses in here and these guys weren't one to say no to a feast. I'm not sure who these corpses were as they were naked and acidified. The guild might want to look further into this.

Either way, I threw fireballs at the slimes making sure not to hit the corpses(as they might prove useful later for investigation). The slimes were weak to fire magic and as such, it wasn't hard to kill them. My mana reserves did receive a toll though, I might need to bring some mana pots on later expeditions.

The ten slime cores are attached to the report.

@GM for evalution.
Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Visit 3 apothecaries in Scribel City.
  • Investigate if it is possible that alchemists are breeding slimes.
Description:
Some receptionists have noted a high volume of slimes observed near Scribel City. Multiple hypotheses have been proposed regarding the elevated number of slimes. One quest report suggested that local apothecaries could be breeding slimes.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 2G

Name: Vor Saknave
Level: 3 (800 EXP)
Quest: Investigate Local Apothecaries

Post Evaluated

Quest Report:

After handing out my report on the corpses in the sewer, I checked the quest board to see if there was anything interesting. There might be a lead there that could explain the presence of the mutative agent. And there it was. A report that suspected that apothecaries were breeding slimes.

While this accusation was innocent on its own, the number of weird events that happened around the city these past few months forced me to check every possible path. As such, I started my investigation.

My targets were two men and one woman. The two were middle-aged men while the woman was in her late fifties. Each day, I would keep stalking one of the targets. I didn't initiate contact as I didn't want them to be on guard. I just kept my distance and waited. By the end of the week, I finally caught on to suspicious behavior. One of the men, Donald was his name, had this habit of entering this remote house from a back alley every time after work. At first, I thought that he was just visiting someone, his mother or something, but after further investigation, the house was known to be ownerless.

As such, in the middle of the night, I sneaked into the house. The interiors were shaped like a lab. There were bottles and vials everywhere. Some snakes and rabbits caged, and all sorts of other creatures. I kept checking the house room by room, until I reached the last one. This one, I couldn't open.

Either way, this house was definitely weird. I think he was making experiments on the animals to test out his new drugs. As weird as that was, there was no trace of slime breeding.

The other two apothecaries, John and Jannet, didn't do anything suspicious, as such, I didn't initiate contact. But maybe they just hid their foul play in a way that I didn't notice. I believe this requires more investigation.
I would say the sewer is stink and it's hard for people who have good sense of smell to work around here.

These rat is eating fairly well, they are fat and their fur leaking an oily smell. My knife is covered in grease after killing 3 rats so I switch to wooden club. One good hit to break skull or spine is enough to kill them but they are very agile so I often hit their leg first to limit their movement. The killing one rat is pretty easy but the difficulty goes up when they come in group. You have to run away, hit the nearest one and repeat unless you want to get outnumbered.

I feel like giant rats that live alone tend to be more aggressive than one that travels in a group. Make sense I guess? You don't have anyone to rely on after all. Further investigation required to confirm this theory though.

Oh. I also came across a weird slime decomposing a rat inside its body. 🤮 It behaves like slime but with a black body and no core?! This boy is an angry one, the black slime lunged at me while I didn't pay attention. It got my knife and few burns on my skin. its corrosive liquid is very acidic, it eats and dissolves my knife! It really unusual for a normal slime to be able to damage irons. I definitely need a new weapon after this.

Retrieved Items:

4 'Lone' giant rat tails
8 'Group' giant rat tails
*QUEST REPORT VERIFIED BY KONAHA*
Quest Report

'This is a quest tailor-made for me.' I thought as I claimed the quest paper. With paper in hand, I directly rushed to a small wood cabin at the periphery of the town. The cabin looked neat from afar but weird smell wafted the air surrounding the cabin.

'He must be at home today." I covered my nose with a cloth before I started knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" a loud, gruff voice could be heard from the other side of the door.

"It is me, Kail."

"Oh, that little boy. Come on inside."

"I am not a little boy, old Cale."

Cale the Alchemist snorted at Kail's response.

I walked inside the cabin and had to pinch my nose as the smell was too overbearing.

"What can I help you, kiddo?" an old man in his 60s with a scruffy beard and short white hairs sat behind a counter. He seems to make some weird potions.

I explained the quest I got from the Guild and wanted Cale to help me in the endeavor. I slowly explained what I had already experimented with the slimes the other days.

"Oh, I never thought you can use soap to deter slime. Fascinating. So, what kind of assistance do you want?" Cale stopped his potion brewery for the moment and looked at Kail with a glittering gaze.

"I need to borrow a small room and a lot of buckets with lids. And also I need soap or any soap-like substances."

"There is an empty hut behind the house, you can use that. For the bucket and soap, you can use the 4 buckets inside the storeroom and I will synthesize some soap when you need it but you have to gather the material yourself."

"No problem, and thank you for lending me a hand."

Cale snorted and waved his hand "No need to thank me. I will be the first to learn about your little experiment and it will be helpful for my shop."

After the exchange, I quickly gathered all the materials I needed inside the small hut. I also made a makeshift slime cage by smearing soap inside the wooden bucket, prevent slime from corroding the bucket.

I spent the entire day collecting different types of slime that I could find within the city. Eventually, I gathered a lot of specimens and started my research for the coming week.

I used a sword, a club, and a spear to test the slime's durability.

After countless slashing, hitting and poking them to death, I concluded that piercing attack is the most effective followed by slashing attack and blunt attack. Why a piercing attack is the best? If your accuracy is high, you can easily poke out the slime core. Your entire force will be focused on the spear tip and the slime viscosity cannot impede your thrust.

I asked the old man Cale for the magic test. After he rigorously fired his magic at the slimes multiple times, I and Cale concluded that normal slime is extremely weak to magic. All offensive types of magic can easily kill the slime no matter the element. It seems the slime core reacted negatively to the mana inside the magic spell and caused the slime body to break down. I also tested it on dark green slimes and sewer slime and they also reacted the same as the normal green slime.

(Please note, this only works on a normal variant of slime and not the weird mutant variant. So, please use this information at your own risk against strong mutant slime.)

Note: Sewer slime is more durable than the normal slime.

Note: Please smear your weapon with alkaline substances before fighting against slime. My sword started to crumble after I relentlessly slash the slimes but my soap coated spear is still usable after the test.

I filled a large basin with soapy water. After that, I drowned the specimens inside the bath and covered the lids.

I checked the basin 10 minutes later and I found out that normal green slime had lost much of their body mass. From the size of the slime, it had lost at least half of its weight and the slime jiggled weakly inside the bath.

I picked the small, weak slime put on the table as I observed its reaction. I jokingly wanted to put back the little slime inside the bath but I can feel the slime quivered weakly. I decided to put this slime aside and put it inside a little bucket. I named thee Sir Jiggle-a-lot. :blob_melt:

Note: Slime has basic emotions and conveyed their feeling by vibrating their body at certain frequencies.

I restarted the experiment and tested it on dark green slime and sewer slime. Both of these slimes were unaffected against alkaline water.

After observing both of these slimes carefully and poking around, I found out that sewer slime has a thick layer membrane covering its surface.
That actually makes sense because sewer slimes created their nest inside an area mostly filled with water. So, they evolved their membrane to prevent any unwanted water to enter their body.

For dark green slime, I found out their body actually contained a high amount of alkaline. So, I pitted the dark green slime against normal slime. They countered against each other and died out after both slimes tried to devour each other. Sewer slime would avoid the dark green slime at all costs. It instinctively knows to avoid its natural enemy.

Conclusion: Alkaline substances are proving useful against normal green slimes but ineffective against special types of slime such as sewer slime and dark green slime.

The normal slime could eat any type of food as long as it doesn't contain any alkaline substances.

But sewer slime was pickier than I thought. It fed on organic waste materials but it didn't touch any building materials such as bricks or metal pipe. Now I knew why the city didn't collapse when there is a lot of sewer slime roaming inside the sewers. If they actually ate bricks, I fear that the city is already a goner.

The most surprising thing I found out would be that dark green slime is a vegetarian. Wow, a herbivore slime. I bought a lot of medicinal herbs and fed it to dark green slime. I noted that the coloration of the dark green slime would turn a shade darker if I fed it with high-quality herbs. Hence, I would feed it with healing herbs for an entire week.

A week later, the dark green slime (from now on I will call it Smitty) started to secrete healing mucous from its body. Hot damn. Cale was quite excited when I told him about my discoveries and he started to breed a large amount of dark green slime with medicinal properties. We dubbed the slime with medicinal properties as Herb Slime. (not the most original name but at least it is straightforward.)

Conclusion: Each slime variant has its own diet cater to their needs. If Herb Slime is the prove of vegetarian slime, perhaps there are slime species out there that only feast on meat. Thinking about it has already sent a chill down my spine and I will run as far as possible when facing against carnivorous slime.
Conclusion:

The slime research project is money consuming and I am unable to capture any strong mutant slime. My level is inadequate and it will be a tremendous help if the Guild is willing to fork money and manpower on this project.

PS: Can you increase the reward? I have used all of my money for this project.
Quest Report - Okarin
I was walking around the other day and I found a wrinkly sheet of paper on the ground. It was yet another guild flyer — Slime subjugation again?! People seemed to really dislike slimes here. :blob_pat_sad:

Well, I decided to ignore the flyer again and carried on with my day. However, when I was lazing around the rooftops, I actually stumbled across a slime. It was a cute little thing — a vegetable slime of course (unlike an amazing slimeperson like me!) — splashing around a rain puddle as innocent as a slime could ever be. It was just too adorable.

I watched it sploosh around for a little bit while I snacked on a couple rock pebbles myself (vitamins and minerals are healthy for you!).

However, then I suddenly had a dark thought.

Someone was going to kill that slime, weren't they?

Even though it was a just a cute adorable vegetable slime doing nothing wrong, the people in this city didn't like slimes. Adventurers killed slimes. Slimes were killed by adventurers. It was part of the food chain. I stared at the subjugation flyer in my hands and suddenly felt depressed.

I considered the morality of my situation.

If I ignored the slime and carried on with my own business, that slime was guaranteed to die with near perfect certainty. Was that the same thing as participating in the slime genocide? Was doing nothing the same thing as abandonment? It wouldn't take me very much effort to reach out to do something — yet did I want to? Why was I hesitant? Would it really trouble me so much to save one slime?

I pondered seriously over my dilemma as the cute slime continued to wiggle around as innocent as a baby, oblivious to its surroundings.

+ + +

Finally, I stood up and took off my cloak.

I walked over to the slime, knelt down, and gently enveloped the little slime with my cloak. It wiggled slightly, but was generally quite cooperative. It knew my intentions were benign.

I shivered slightly upon touching it.

Normally, I didn't like to touch wild slimes like these — especially with my bare flesh. Even right now, I was careful to hold it only through the thick fabric of my cloak.

Slimes are a nonverbal species. Although wild slimes did not 'speak' in a human sense, they had a powerful sense of taste and touch. When slimes mingled, they exchanged fluids and flavors. Even from a simple touch — through a layer of thick wool notwithstanding — I knew exactly how this slime was feeling. Similarly speaking, it intimately knew my feelings. It knew exactly where I had been, just as I could feel the taste of concrete dandelions and rusted wind vanes it had been chewing on all day 100 meters to my left.

It was precisely like sharing a memory.

And it was happy.

It didn't understand why I felt conflicted.

It thought the pebbles that I recently ate tasted bleh. On the other hand, some of the 'grass' that I stuffed myself with the past week tasted quite nice. It had a sweet flavor that was rare to find out here in the urban jungle. The sweet flavor was very nice. Very nice indeed.

This was the 'slime language' per say.

I trembled a little bit more.

+ + +

Later, I ended up walking out of the city and simply put down the slime outside on a grassy hill far enough away from the city that an adventurer would be unlikely to bother it.

For the rest of the day, I did this with 9 more slimes —

— I picked them up and simply carried them out of the city.

Of course, I avoided sewer slimes because they were like eww and I didn't want to literally taste sewage.

However, the other slimes were fine. By the time I finished this, it was already sunset, and I was exhausted.

Physically exhausted?

Or emotionally exhausted?

In either case, I stared at the slime subjugation flyer again as I sat down on an empty barrel.

I didn't have any slime cores. Of course I didn't have any (except my own). To get one of those, you had to kill a slime.

I sighed and walked into the guild and filed a report anyways.

---------END-------
*QUEST REPORT VERIFIED BY SOLET' LUNA*

After I have sorted some reports on the guild, I wanted to fight some slimes again.

I wandered around empty alleyways in the hope of finding slime in a group of 4 or less. Being alive is more important than leveling up quickly after all.

Eventually, I stumbled upon 3 slimes absorbing some wastes littered on the empty streets. Heh, I have brought my secret weapons with me, a wonderful soap that I bought from an alchemist. I deduced that Slime has a corrosive property and they should be acidic right?

I splashed the 3 slimes with my soapy water and slowly back away. The slimes started to vibrate intensely before the slime body mass was reduced by 30%. It seems the soapy water was not a strong alkaline to counteract the slime's strong acid. Well, I started poking all the slimes there with my trusty stick and they died in no time at all. So, body mass equates to strength and durability huh? This needed more verification and I started to refill back my bucket with soapy water and walking around to find other wonderful specimens.

4 hours later, I can safely conclude that they become weaker after they lost a significant part of their mass. With a bucket of soapy water, now I can even fight a group of 10 slimes. Ahahahaha, this is truly wonderful. I could easily kill the slimes and even washed a part of the alleyway (halfheartedly). So, this is what you call a win-win situation right?

Now I have easily gathered 35 slime cores and a lot of gelatin-like substance after the slime was soaked in soapy water for a while.

Ah~~I need a warm bath after running around tirelessly for hours after all.
Name: Ryzen
Level: 1 (EXP: 120)
Report:
After gathering enough information from the guild's archives along with Robert Von Ducksmouth's claims, I had a hunch that something was going on in the sewers.

Plus, I took this quest alongside my investigation so that I could earn some merits along the way.

I began my investigation to the place where Robert had his encounter with the slimes; in an alleyway behind the Happy Harlot Brothel. I had found some of the slime residue from Robert's encounter and it seemed like there were more. The residue created a trail that would lead me to the sewers.

After reading those reports from previous adventurers, I wasn't going to go in without caution so I immediately wore my cloak to hide my presence. I used [Mana Sense] to navigate my way, but my magic was too flawed so I couldn't avoid stumbling around and occasionally dumping my feet in sewage water. So far, it was working as I manage to sneak attack ten lone and unsuspecting slimes just so that I can hand them in for the reward. But I wasn't done yet.

I waited for a while before I encountered a group of slimes with what seemed to be the carcass of a giant rat. It was definitely a sight to behold...

Luckily, with my cloak, I was able to tail the group of slimes. The group made a few detours, devouring every living thing it came across, before making its way deeper into the sewers. I could still remember the report regarding the human corpses that were found here in the sewers so I certainly wouldn't let my guard down.

It was then that I found something noteworthy. There was a large hole in the sewer walls that was covered with goop. I had a gut feeling that if I entered that hole, I would not come out of this place alive...

But the idea of being the first to find out something that not even the guild knew, and how this information could benefit them was very tempting. So much so that it ruled out the possibility of death from entering the Slime Caverns (yes, that is what I'm calling it.) Plus, I was confident of my cloak's concealing ability so I had nothing to worry about.

I took my chances and ventured further.

Oh, how I wished I had listened to my gut feeling...

It seemed as if all the slimes inside the labyrinth of caverns knew of my existence as swarms of slimes rushed towards me. They chased me around like a predator playing with its prey as I started to get lost after being chased around by them. It was then that I saw... it.

A large blob of green slime unlike any that I have ever seen. Unlike it's small kin, this... big slime gave an imposing aura that instilled fear in me. If it wasn't for the fact that I've been in dangerous situations constantly, my legs would've been like jelly and I would be slime food.

Despite the slime being so large that it looked it wouldn't move too well inside the narrow cave, it maneuvered itseld easily and was able to easily catch up with as I attempted to escape. It was a fortunate thing that with the large slimes constant hitting of the cave walls that it managed to cave itself in when the cave ceilings started to come down on us. I was lucky enough to be on the other side.

I didn't want to tempt fate anymore as I hastily exited the sewers.

Whatever was down there, based on the reports from the archives, it was certainly a mutant slime.
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
Slimes, huh? They don't exist back home. I wonder what they taste like~☆?
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any useful information on slimes. Nothing about how they taste, or the best ways to prepare them as a meal.

Leaving the cat back at home, I wandered around the nearby forest, looking for the slimes. Eventually, I spotted them. They looked like nicely sized wriggly sacks of liquid, with some kind of core in the middle. They apparently sensed me and came bouncing toward me. It's so nice when the food comes to me~☆. Back at home, they most of the cute monsters ran away from me the moment they saw me.

I scooped one up and took a large bite out of it. The rather sour and faintly sweet juice exploded in my mouth when my teeth punctured the squishy membrane. I can totally imagine using these slimes as a substitue for lemon. Just slit a hole in the membrane and pour!

After guzzling the delicious juices, what was left was the chewy, but bland membrane and the core. I know I'm supposed to keep them intact for the quest, but no one would notice if I took a bit out of one right?

Unfortunately, the slime cores themselves were rather hard and....tasteless.

In the end, I found 11 slimes. I only ate 3 of them, and stowed the rest of the juices into the glass bottles I brought, and the chewy membranes in another box. On a side note, slime rice balls taste nice! They could totally replace the vinegar or pickled plum!

After coming back with a delicious haul, I noticed that my gauntlets were a tad corroded. Wonder why~? Maybe the slime is good at dissolving the metal?

Anyways, here is 10 intact slime cores and 1 half-eaten slime core
*QUEST REPORT VERIFIED BY VOR SAKNAVE*

Quest Report
:
Character: Kail (Level 1) (EXP 10) (Money 1)
Quest: Slime Subjugation
Report:

After collecting information from other adventurers, I found out there is a lot of slimes hiding away in the abandoned alleyways and in the sewers.

I don't want to dirty my only clothes, so I prefer to find a lone slime in the alleyway instead. Armed with the sturdy twigs I found outside the city, I began my quest of collecting slime core.

The first slime I encountered was in a group of three. At first, I just swung my twig as hard as I can at the slime hoping it to splat under my strength but the slime managed to resisted it for a while before its form started to collapse. Due to that, I suffered a minor wound after defending the attack of the other 2 slimes. Learning from the experience, I tried to poke out the slime core from the slime's jelly-like body with my quick thrust and it actually worked out great for me. I do the same for the last slime. I picked up the 3 slime cores and carefully put it in my bag.

After 2 hours of running in and out of different alleyways around the city, I managed to gather 12 slime cores. Now I knew why the slimes are a pesky pest. I need to change my twig twice after my previous one melted out after I continue using it to poke the slime to death. I don't want to imagine what can they do to the city in large numbers either.

PS: Be careful with slimes in a group. They become more coordinated in large numbers. I once stumble a group of 10 slimes near the waste sewer and almost lose my hand after their continuous waves of attack. I survived because of some good bloke throw something at the slimes to distract them and I used the opportunity to run away.
Quest Report
Name
: Vor Saknave
Level: 2 (295 EXP)
Quest: Outpost Station

Report:
Understanding that the city was not in any immediate danger, I decided to take a job that would let me uncover more information. I guessed that there was a nontrivial chance for travelers around the country to possibly have more information about the weirdly aggressive slimes. I also thought that it would be a great chance for me to train my magic alone.

Either way, for the most part, nothing major happened. Much of my days were spent tending to horses, cleaning the dishes, and managing the supplies. When my shift is done, I would work on my fire magic. After my level up, I was able to slowly shift the path of my fireballs. As such, I kept training that skill so as to be more familiar with it. By half of the month, I was already able to control the fireball to a reasonable degree.

In the meantime, some travelers did come by, but they didn't have any information on the slimes. They did point out however that there was a war between two major clans that dominated the area. They themselves were victims of the skirmishes happening all around the region. They had some gruesome looking wounds that I tended to using the healing herbs found in the outpost.

Days went by without much happening. That was until bearded old man covered in ragged clothes came to the outpost. He asked for some bread and wine which I provided. I then showed him to the bath and after that, he slept. When the morning came and he had breakfast, I asked him if he knew anything about the slimes. Surprisingly, he did. The man explained that once in a while, a special mutant of slimes is born. This special mutant has the ability to control nearby slimes and make them more aggressive.

I thanked the old man for the information before he swiftly parted away. He never told me his name, which was weird. Either way, I found what I had come for — information about the slimes. After that, nothing much happened. I just spent my days doing miscellaneous tasks and my nights training. All of this work increased my mana reserves which further improved my fighting potential. Hopefully, with this, I will be able to face off whatever enemies come later on.
Quest Report
Name

Report:
Understanding that the city was not in any immediate danger, I decided to take a job that would let me uncover more information. I guessed that there was a nontrivial chance for travelers around the country to possibly have more information about the weirdly aggressive slimes. I also thought that it would be a great chance for me to train my magic alone.

Either way, for the most part, nothing major happened. Much of my days were spent tending to horses, cleaning the dishes, and managing the supplies. When my shift is done, I would work on my fire magic. After my level up, I was able to slowly shift the path of my fireballs. As such, I kept training that skill so as to be more familiar with it. By half of the month, I was already able to control the fireball to a reasonable degree.

In the meantime, some travelers did come by, but they didn't have any information on the slimes. They did point out however that there was a war between two major clans that dominated the area. They themselves were victims of the skirmishes happening all around the region. They had some gruesome looking wounds that I tended to using the healing herbs found in the outpost.

Days went by without much happening. That was until bearded old man covered in ragged clothes came to the outpost. He asked for some bread and wine which I provided. I then showed him to the bath and after that, he slept. When the morning came and he had breakfast, I asked him if he knew anything about the slimes. Surprisingly, he did. The man explained that once in a while, a special mutant of slimes is born. This special mutant has the ability to control nearby slimes and make them more aggressive.

I thanked the old man for the information before he swiftly parted away. He never told me his name, which was weird. Either way, I found what I had come for — information about the slimes. After that, nothing much happened. I just spent my days doing miscellaneous tasks and my nights training. All of this work increased my mana reserves which further improved my fighting potential. Hopefully, with this, I will be able to face off whatever enemies come later on.
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(135Exp))
Quest: Night Watch

Report:

Using my magic sight again, I went back to the sewer and looked for traces of slimes. This time, there wasn't corpses or anything. At least, not human corpses. There seems to have been a fight between the rodents and the slimes. And the slimes surprisingly won? Either way, when I came, I found a bunch of them eating away at the rodents. This time, I didn't have to worry about not hitting the corpses. I just blasted them with fire magic and the rest is history.

I collected the slime cores, but before going back to the guild, I checked the rodents' corpses. There was a green liquid coming out of their mouths. The stupid bastards ate the slimes but they were too acidic for their stomach. This explains how the slimes were able to win. The rodents, poisoned from eating the slimes couldn't do much against the remaining ones and as such died under their attack.

Retrieved: 10 slime cores.
Quest Report

I still have no idea how I got here, but I'm glad you have fun things for me to do! All I have to do is go kill some things and you'll give me money!

I had no idea where to find the slimes, so I just ran all over the place! I found some sitting in someone's attic, so I started beating them up. It was lots of fun, you can punch slimes so many times before they stop moving! And then they splatter everywhere too, so it's like your attack makes an explosion! It's great! For some reason the person who lived there got angry and yelled at me a bunch, but I don't really get why. I killed the slimes in his house... he should be happier! Anyways, I searched around and grabbed the cores, so that's all!
Quest Report

Character: Vor Saknave (Level 1)

Quest: Slime Subjugation.

Report:

After taking the quest from the Adventure Guild, I looked around the city looking for traces of corrupted ether. The mana quickly showed me the way to the sewers.

Due to my dark robe, I blended with the darkness and slowly made my way through the sewer. I found multiple demons: beastified rats, silver serpents, mutated maggots, etc... But I didn't engage with any of them as they weren't part of the quest.

After two hours, I finally found a nest of slimes. Seems like someone threw a bunch of corpses in here and these guys weren't one to say no to a feast. I'm not sure who these corpses were as they were naked and acidified. The guild might want to look further into this.

Either way, I threw fireballs at the slimes making sure not to hit the corpses(as they might prove useful later for investigation). The slimes were weak to fire magic and as such, it wasn't hard to kill them. My mana reserves did receive a toll though, I might need to bring some mana pots on later expeditions.

The ten slime cores are attached to the report.

@GM for evalution.
Quest Report

Character: Baihua
Quest: Slime Subjugation
----------------------------
Slime subjugation, huh.

I looked down at the piece of paper in my hand - a copy of the quest requirements. Although ten slime cores might not seem like many, slimes were surprisingly difficult to find. Despite searching for half an hour, I still hadn't found any.

*squish* *squish*

Hopeful to find some slimes, I quickly went over to the back alley where the sound had come from and saw a bunch of slimes just sitting around eating trash. It looked like this area hadn't been tended in a while, as there were possibly a dozen or so in the one alley.

They look pretty weak. Using my ability to form shift, I changed my left hand into a claw. It easily teared through the slime's thin membrane, and I grabbed the core inside.

"Got one!"

As soon as the core was removed from the slime's body, it stopped moving and puddled onto the ground, lifeless.

Not bothering to clean it, I just put the core in my bag. It wouldn't dirty anything in there, as the magic space would keep the items inside separated.

I winced as a stinging sensation on the arm covered in slime - I had forgotten about their corrosiveness. It was a relatively simple task to burn it off with my fox fire. Despite that, it still left a rash on my skin.

I should get some of those healing herbs later.

I continued in this manner, yanking the cores out of the slimes, quickly burning off the corrosive residue, and stowing the core away. After killing all the slimes, I fully activated my fox fire. I hadn't used it on the slimes earlier, since it might damage the precious items, but leaving slime corpses around would be pretty bad. It took a couple minutes, but the slimes burned nicely. Once they were all gone, I put out the fox fire and returned to the guild to report.

Retrieved: 13 slime cores
----------------------------
OOC: Writing in first person is _(:з)∠)_
Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 25

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(110 Exp))

Report:

Due to the suspicious activities happening within the city, I chose a less daunting task this time to grind my levels. It seemed that guarding the city at night would be a safe and uneventful endeavor.

I was wrong.

By the middle of the night, a veiled man came screaming at the gates. He was wearing ragged clothes so we assumed that he was a bandit. The other guard nocked their bows while I was chanting my fireball spell. However, his scream for help stopped us dead in our tracks.

Following protocol, we reported to the guard in chief who ordered the opening of the backdoor. We let the man in and he told us the craziest story ever. He said that their leader had found a large slime nest deep in the woods. Knowing how easy slimes were to kill and how valuable were their cores, they decided to farm them for some quick gold.

Throughout the whole day, they kept farming. They killed slimes by the hundreds if not thousands. They knew that they struck it rich. By the end of the day, tired but still very excited, they came back to their settlement and partied for a bit. They drank booze like there was no tomorrow and had fun with the girls. After the party, they just dropped dead on the floor, too tired to even go back to their sleeping rooms.

What they didn't expect was for the slimes that they have been farming for the whole day to follow them back to the settlement. Once the man woke up, Frank was his name, he found his comrades being eaten by the slimes. He whipped out his blade and started slashing at them, but the more he killed the more came. In the end, he just ran away while screaming for the others to wake up. However, everyone was too drunk to do anything.

Once Frank ran away to safety, he looked back at the settlement and was horrified. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of slimes had covered it from every angle. The thing was green. Some parts of the buildings started falling down from the acidity. In the end, he just turned around and ran with all his might towards the city.

We asked him why he, out of all of the bandits, was able to stay sober even after the party. He said that he wasn't feeling too well that night and didn't drink much. His breath confirmed his story.

I'm not sure how much of what he said holds up, but I think that the guild should send a scouting party. A horde of ten thousand slimes like this guy said is gonna be tough to handle for anyone.

PS: The chief guard sent Frank to the city prison for now
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:
  • Money: 10G
Quest Report - Solet' Luna

After the first time doing the quest, I got my hand on some gelatin-like substance from the other adventurers who invented something interesting. While waiting for our new clothes to arrive (the last set of clothing was damaged by slimes, so we were using the spared one right now ), I've experimented on the substance to research about the working of slimes' inner body.

Aside from the core, the rest of the slime was filled with acid-like liquid that would melt and digest everything it touches. Everything, aside from its outer membrane and the core, is composed entirely in liquid. If not for its instinctual behaviour, I would have concluded that it is mindless or even just an inanimate object reacting to the surrounding.

Now that my interested is piqued, I accepted the quest to hunt some more slimes and brought back some more cores. During the hunt, I managed to confirm some of my assumptions. Namely, the outer membrane of the slimes could be healed back, but the leaked liquid would not regenerate without any necessary resource ( anything that it could digest. ), and, without the core, the slime would not function and explode into a pile of acid. Lastly, its liquid could melt most things, but the stronger the material, the longer it needed to completely dissolve it. With every additional mass gained from the eating, the slimes would grow bigger and its colour darkened. The only thing that remained the same was its core.

From what I've gathered, we only needed to crack its core to disrupt its bodily function and its membrane would rupture in a matter of seconds. And, if we added enough salt into its body ( increasing its density ), the slimes would eventually burst open due to its inability to resist the pressure done by the high-density substance.

Disclaimer: This experimentation might be wronged, as it was only done to the green slime, the lowest tier of slime within its evolution ladder. And, with the mysterious property of Mana, the unique force of each world, maybe the laws and logic of my previous world are not compatible with it.

Quest Objective: 27 slimes cores and even more fragmented cores due to failed experiments.
Looking back at the quest board, yet again with the help of an assistant, I found another interesting quest. Some apothecaries might be breeding slimes for their own benefit. While I personally have never heard of or even seen a slime, I knew that I wanted to at least stop this abuse. Notifying the assistant that I was taking the quest, I grabbed a map of the town and some fur before heading out.

I then found a secluded area and began ritual casting Guiding Hand so that I could easily navigate the town. Once I was done, I named the first apothecary, 'Sylvia's Magical Potions', and followed the hand. When I arrived, my first thought was how smelly it was. Whenever I'd made healing poultices and the like, it was never this bad. I didn't think anything would be able to live here, however I still had a job to do. I quickly set up a ritual for the Locate Plants and Animals spell to see if there were any slimes nearby. Of course, there weren't near this apothecary. However, I did get a result a bit to the northwest of my position.

Following the spell to where the slimes were found, I found myself at...the sewers? It certainly wasn't where I was expecting to wind up at, but I went in anyway. What I found were slimes, all of which seemed to have sewer waste floating throughout them, and some seemed to be twice or even thrice as large as the others. Were they eating each other due to the lack of food? As I looked around, I used my spell for the day to cast Pass Without Trace, using up the rest of my herbs from my previous plane.

Walking through the sewers, I found several traces of human contact with the slimes, with torn papers being found in some of the slimes themselves. I knew from looking at previous quests that slimes were used in potions, but if that's the case...who would do this? Wouldn't poisoned slimes be detrimental? Unless they're not trying to make mana potions from them, but poison? Regardless, there was definitely something more going on here. I shouldn't rule out the apothecary I visited before after all. I also knew that I wasn't going to be enough help to finish the investigation, so I immediately left the sewers and reported my findings without checking the rest of the apothecaries. The news was too important to wait until my quest was done.
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest report[FILLED]:

There were not a lot of things that could be done by an adventurer with one hand. At least for one without the ability to telekinetically move things. As it was, Lib felt that she had to force herself instead of wallowing in sadness after her loss of her right hand.

Lib never learned how to wield a sword. The World Key she had are shaped like a sword, and the other weapon she had was left inside of that place. All in all, she was left without other option, except if she decide to shell some of her money to buy another weapon. Thankfully, the sword she had was usable using one hand.

With one sword in her hand, she went to the adventurer guild, and decided to take the subjugation quest against the slimes. One library entry about those slimes was that they were easily pierced. Since she had no magic at all, this was the best method for her to do it.

The first slime was found at the riverbank. this slime variant seemed to like to consume the water as its main staple. It seemed like the liquid inside the slime has lower viscosity compared to the usual slime. The core of the slime seemed to actively moving. The slime seemed to not be alert though, as it carefreely grazing at the riverbank's grass.

With a lunge against its body, the slime had bursted immediately as the sword pierced it. The core of the slime was then pocketed and Lib went her way.

Still on the riverbank, Lib found her second and third slime. Apparently, the slime could use water jets to propel themselves. Using high pressure from some hole, she found out that those slimes could easily threw themselves to the water to recover the water used for the water burst. Their clear body showed that this variant of the slime had excellent camouflage ability. Also, they were easily swept away, so that may be a tactics they used to flee when needed. All in all, the water slime variant were troublesome to face unless against ranged enemy.

Lib decided to go further west to the slimecreek. With the name slimecreek, she thought she would be able to easily encounter slimes.

As it was, there was a lot. By a lot, Lib counted over 50 slimes in the riverbank alone. Due to that, she went back along the way, to see more of those water slimes. It seemed that the slimecreek was the place they end up if they were swept by the current. She met two other water slimes. She ignored the one nearest to the riverbank and began to throw stones at the slime. Apparently, they have slight resistance against the stone without a sharp edges, as the stone were reflected by the slime's body. An obsidian stone managed to pierce its skin and made the slime burst out. She took another core to her bag.

In the end, she went eastward along the river, only attacking at a group of 1 or 2 slimes. At the end of the day, she managed to gather the requested 10 core and went back to the city to submit her proof of subjugation.
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest report:

Today, she decided to limit herself inside of the city, except the sewer. She took another slime subjugation quest and try on her hand whether she could find them in the residential area.

As it was, the residential area was mostly clean of the slimes. She went to each house and asked whether there was a slime infestation in their house. Some of the people inside, though, took offense to her saying that. For those men, it was because it was a slight against their manliness if they couldn't beat those things. For the women, it was because they were thought that they couldn't make their home clean, since it was trivial to keep those slimes away if they keep it clean. Finding no success, Lib moved to the other area.

As she went to the market district, she apparently found out that they have their own specialized slime disposal worker. Since there was a lot of waste produced by the market, the shop owner felt that paying 1G for 1 slime disposal was too high. Therefore, they offered this job to dispose of the slimes inside of their district. He also said that they barred adventurer from hunting the slime in this district too.

At the craftsmen district, At least she found some people who apparently had apprentice who was lazy to clean their place. Those craftsmen themselves usually consider those task not worth doing and offload them to their apprentice. Apparently, those slimes consume soot and smog from the forge they have, and sometimes clogged the forge. The slime variant in this place were considered beneficial as long as they don't block the air vent or something. Nevertheless, there must be a routine cleaning they must do. As those craftsmen allowed Lib to dispose of them, Lib was able to fulfill her quota of slime today.

One thing unique to the slime around here is that they may produce diamond inside of their body. Some of the craftsmen allowed one slime to build up the carbon content inside its body, and at some level of blackness, they popped up the slime. At their blackest, the durability of those slimes are really strong and their body become more round-shaped. At that point, The craftsmen cracked open the slime and look to see if a diamond formed inside. Pretty nifty side income, if she might said. One craftsman offered her to open a black one with her sword, yet no matter how hard she hit it, it was deflected.

As a side effect, they functioned like an air purifier, consuming carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. Really, She don't think those slimes were a pest there.

in the afternoon, she reported back her findings and the requested cores to the adventurer guild.
Quest Report (20)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 5 (2825/3000)
Quest: Scout the Slime Horde
Evaluation:
  • The slime horde is still at the bandit settlement looking for something beneath the city
  • Escaped an ambush from the leader of the horde
After successfully escaping from my duties as a bird owner, I headed calmly towards where the last alleged slime horde sighting was. To be perfectly honest, I had avoided any quests to do with slimes on behalf of what I had experienced during that slime rescue mission a while back. Even now, I felt that slimes were cute and harmless, at least from what I had experienced anyway, and going out to slaughter them felt... wrong. But, this was just a scouting mission, hopefully, there would be no need to kill anything today. Although, it would be nice to bring back some fresh game for Sable to eat...

After travelling for a little more than an hour, I arrived at the outskirts of the ruined bandit settlement. But, although the city was indeed vastly demolished and torn to pieces, there was not a single speck of slime anywhere in sight. It was as if thousands of slimes had vanished without a trace, was it all an illusion perhaps? I didn't really want to doubt my fellow adventurers, so I decided to investigate in more detail. Cautiously, after ascertaining that there was nothing suspicious anywhere around the perimeter, I entered the dilapidated settlement.

There was nothing really to explore, since all the 'buildings' were so broken down that you could see everything inside at a glance. But still, I didn't find any clues. There was no way thousands of slimes could just vanish into thin air, where on earth could they have gone? Perhaps they had already headed back to their nest in the forest?

Just as I was about to report back to Scribel City, I suddenly heard a light squelching behind me. A tiny little blue slime, as common-looking as any other slime, popped out from literally nowhere. It was staring at me innocently, as cute as can be, but I quickly felt warning signals suddenly blaring in my head. Cautiously, I backed away one step at any time, as the little slime continued to stare me down. Just as I was about to turn around the corner of a building, the slime leapt towards me as fast as lightning, and screamed.

As someone who didn't even know that slimes had voices, I was utterly shocked by the ear-piercing screech, but my reflexes were quick as I immediately bolted away from the scene. Afterall, it's not like I didn't notice the thousands of slimes suddenly pouring out of the cellars of the dilapitated buildings! Haha, at least I had solved where the slimes had gone, underground, of course...

Fearing for my life, I ran as fast as I could towards the swamp region west of the settlement. I had seen first-hand the dangerous monsters that resided in those swamps, so without much time to consider any other option, I decided to fight danger with danger! Fortunately, it seemed that the slimes, or at least, the sentient little blue slime, had understood my plan, and quickly stopped the assault with another, slightly deeper screech that resounded across the slime horde. That little guy was smart, preventing any unnecessary casualties to his army. But... what on earth was he doing down beneath that bandit settlement, what... could he be searching for?

With my mind filled with questions, I hurried back to Scribel, ensuring no slime was tailing me, to report my findings.
TL;DR: arrived at ruined bandit settlement, was empty with no slimes in sight, went in to investigate, was ambushed by the mutant? little blue slime leader and the thousands of slimes that came up from underground beneath the city, tried to lead them to the swamp region where dangerous creatures lived, blue slime stopped the assault and called back his horde, went back to the guild ensuring no slime was following to report.
Adsall limped into the guild, with two crutches. Handed in the request to the receptionist, and slowly limped out.

Riding with stride and with a glint in his eye, Adsall passed through the city gates.
"Finally I'll be able to mine.", He thought to himself while grinning like an idiot.
He had prepared a lot for this quest. He had bought himself a new strapped leather bag full of mining provisions (45 G) which he could wear on his side. He even rented a bay coloured horse for 55G. It's name was Maximus and even-though it wasn't that fast, it was very smart.

Eventually, Adsall reached his target destination. The rock formation. However; it appears that there was no quarry, this was probably because the guild's efforts were more focused towards the bridge quest. It didn't really matter anyways. Adsall rode around noting the nearby scenery:
'Tree, Tree, Bush, Shrub.' until he noticed a cave opening. Adsall tied his horse to a tree and wandered in, armed with his hammer and an oil lamp.

As he crept deeper into the cave, Adsall noticed that this part of the cave had glowing crystals forming on the wall. He decided to take some with him. Continuing his exploration, Adsall went in deeper. When he was about to turn the corner, he stopped himself. There were monsters fighting. Peeking out, Adsall could see a badly injured mole like creature clashing its claws with... a grey slime? Despite the mole having sharp claws, it couldn't seem to damage the slime. 'Wait... aren't slimes able to evolve themselves by eating, and judging by its colour... A rock slime?', Adsall hypothesised. If that was so... Adsall had to be careful. A slime charging to attack you to one thing, but a mini boulder charging at you? He'd probably be severely injured or die. He could run, but he needed ores. Like his dad used to say "Those who risk, reap the rewards". While Adsall pondered in thought, the rock slime charged at the mole with a loud THUD and knocked it into the wall killing it. It then slowly approached the corpse and began dissolving it. During which it's grey colour began to fade to light gray. The slime core was now visible. Seeing his opportunity, Adsall armed with his pick charged and struck the slime. The slime then began to lose form and melt. Adsall took the slime core and compared it to another slime core he had in his bag. They were slightly different as this slime core had a slight grey tinge. Adsall pocketed both cores. He then looked at the mole corpse. The thing that caught his eyes were it's claws, they were as big as daggers. They were harder than iron. Realising that he didn't have a knife, Adsall attempted to use his pickaxe to cut of the moles claws. He was semi-successful as he managed to get 2 pristine claws. Due to the fact that there was nothing left to loot, Adsell ventured deeper. Until... He came across the ore vein that he oh-so longed for. He set his oil lamp down and began mining. There was enough to fill three fourths of his side bag. Adsall turned to leave he spotted something that gave a purple shine. It was a purple crystal which was attatched to a small silver ore vein. "Lucky! I found Amethyst and Silver!" After harvesting both of them and filling both his bags Adsall went to leave the cave. However, he was stopped by a grey slime in front of the mouth of the cave. When the slime saw him, It turned gray and charged at him. Adsall reflexively dodged, but the slime still hit his right leg causing him to drop his oil lamp. His right leg nearly broke. Using the pickaxe as a walking stick, Adsall quickly limped his way towards his horse. He quickly untied it and mounted it, but not before the slime charged at him another time, hitting his pickaxe's wooden handle and breaking it. Reaching into his pouch/side bag, he found some healing herbs and begun chewing them.

On arrival, Adsall was put into the medical bay. A healer was called and managed to heal his right leg, however due to the extent of the damage a cast has been put on his right leg.

Attatched to this request was a < Rock Slime Core >, and a < Mole Claw >.

Items Gained: <Iron Ore> x 15, <Silver Ore> x 5, < Amethyst > x 1, < Mole Claw > x 1

Last edited:

Bochi

Memo Subject: Barghest
Memo Category: Monsters

A spirit of malice. It takes the form of a hulking, monstrous dog which prowls the wilds looking for prey, but cases of shapeshifting barghests are not unheard of. Intelligent and capable of rational thought. As with most intelligent species, the older barghests are more dangerous. Fighting one in melee range is not recommended, arrows and magic should try to find their mark upon the face.

References
Quest Report (Vicious) [Appraised]
It was a pretty nice night to be sitting on the city walls, staring at the grounds below. There was a decent breeze going on, and as the girl swung her feet back and forth, her teeth was busy at work.

*Chewing*...*Exhale*...*pop!*

As she absentmindedly went through this process several times, Vicious stared at the old lantern beside her. The old soldier had handed it over to her before her shift started.

*Swish*

Nothing yet so far, so she grabbed the lantern and brought it closer for examination. Just a simple metal box, rusting at the edges, but still very much functioning.

"I smell wolves."

Mumbling thus to no one in particular, Vicious squinted down at the grounds below, putting away the lantern. It took a few minutes for her eyes to adjust to the darkness, even longer to get used to the pitch black---then she spotted the glowing eyes. Staring back at her from the bushes somewhere in the not-so-far distance.

"...Correction, not wolves. Barghest. Great news indeed."

As the beast stared at her, Vicious stared back with her expression unchanging. ( '-') When it started to inch closer, she followed it with her eyes, quietly reaching for the bell on her waist. She was to ring it if a monster tried attacking...but all it did was to maintain eye contact with her. Just standing there, menacingly.

What in blazes is it up to?

As if in response to that thought, the creature sniffed, raised a fore limb and...flexed? As Vicious sat there, puzzled, it repeated it's actions, and she could have sworn it then pointed at her with a sharp claw. Almost persistently.

...I must be dreaming. Ow! Guess I'm not.

Finally, she raised her own arm and flexed her non-existent muscles, and that seemed to satisfy the barghest, who then ran off. Again, she could have sworn it smiled before disappearing into thin air.

I...what...I...

The befuddled young lady remained in that position until the sun rose, and the morning watch took over the post and sent her on her way, but not before giving her a strange look and informing her that no barghests lived within the vicinity of a hundred miles of the city.

FenrIIrz

OOC: In the middle of updating. Now that I've gathered up all the slime reports I just have to read all of them.:sweating_profusely: Can I get an increase pay for all of this work?
OOC: I'll work on this more later. Edit: by later I mean like tomorrow or the day after that.

Topic: Slimes
Category
: Monsters (pests)

Slimes are a type of monster largely considered harmless, their appearance my vary but generally slimes are bulbous and contain within them a core, while this core has other uses such as in medicine, it is used in quests as verification of completion.

Other Notes:
  • According to Vor Saknave, slimes are weak to fire magic. (Awaiting verification)
  • Slimes should be culled regularly to avoid infestations.
Quest Report - Solet' Luna

After the first time doing the quest, I got my hand on some gelatin-like substance from the other adventurers who invented something interesting. While waiting for our new clothes to arrive (the last set of clothing was damaged by slimes, so we were using the spared one right now ), I've experimented on the substance to research about the working of slimes' inner body.

Aside from the core, the rest of the slime was filled with acid-like liquid that would melt and digest everything it touches. Everything, aside from its outer membrane and the core, is composed entirely in liquid. If not for its instinctual behaviour, I would have concluded that it is mindless or even just an inanimate object reacting to the surrounding.

Now that my interested is piqued, I accepted the quest to hunt some more slimes and brought back some more cores. During the hunt, I managed to confirm some of my assumptions. Namely, the outer membrane of the slimes could be healed back, but the leaked liquid would not regenerate without any necessary resource ( anything that it could digest. ), and, without the core, the slime would not function and explode into a pile of acid. Lastly, its liquid could melt most things, but the stronger the material, the longer it needed to completely dissolve it. With every additional mass gained from the eating, the slimes would grow bigger and its colour darkened. The only thing that remained the same was its core.

From what I've gathered, we only needed to crack its core to disrupt its bodily function and its membrane would rupture in a matter of seconds. And, if we added enough salt into its body ( increasing its density ), the slimes would eventually burst open due to its inability to resist the pressure done by the high-density substance.

Disclaimer: This experimentation might be wronged, as it was only done to the green slime, the lowest tier of slime within its evolution ladder. And, with the mysterious property of Mana, the unique force of each world, maybe the laws and logic of my previous world are not compatible with it.

Quest Objective: 27 slimes cores and even more fragmented cores due to failed experiments.

Bochi

Memo Subject: Some Kind of Symbol, Some Kind of Map
Memo Category: Item

While exploring the sewers, the adventurer Vicious accidentally stumbled into a hideout, whereupon she discovered the remains of what appeared to be a sacrificial victim. The map and the dragon-claw-shaped emblem were both discovered at the location, then turned over to the guild for probable further investigation.

Reference
Reported by Vicious [Appraised]
As a wise woman once said: It is better to charge ahead than to hold back. Victory comes to the bold.

"Like hell it is! Whomever said that better not let me catch them!"

It was about midday by her estimates, but instead of enjoying the sunlight like a normal person on the surface, Vicious was currently underground.

As to why she was underground, she would never admit it, but since she heard that slimes were dangerous if kept unchecked, the young girl had been making it a habit to kill some every now and then. The extra swings came in as good practice, after all.

"But still, it doesn't stink as bad as I thought it would...not that anyone would willingly live here regardless."

Sticking her head into a small nook tucked away, Vicious quickly ate her words. There was a crumpled, dirty blanket on the floor, coupled with a few small bones (rats, she reckoned), as well as some scraps.

"Maybe this place is a haven for the homeless. Who knows? The local animal population don't seem too threatening if left alone."

Now that she had found one, Vicious kept a careful eye out as she navigated the tunnels of the sewers, and as the flames of her torch flickered, she spotted a few more similar crannies. With similar contents inside, but no occupants.

"Alright, people live down here...and they've just gone out to lunch, that's all...I wish."

*Scribbling*

The pencil traced lines on the paper, after which the girl folded and kept both with a sigh, continuing on.

"Sometimes I wish my nose wasn't as good."

About ten minutes of following her nose, Vicious ended up finding the source by complete accident; who knew entire sections of the wall was moveable? She had tripped over discarded planks and was bracing for the impact of her face meeting the stone wall. Instead it had given way and she crashed into the hidden section---right into the person who was sitting down, knocking him down a flight of stairs.

Ow, ow, ow. My nose.

Grumbling, she dusted herself off and slowly made her way to the fallen person, who was also in the process of getting up, and held up a hand. She also held the torch closer to get a good peek of the face.

"Aiiiiiiiiie!"

For some reason, the shady-looking person with a mask covering half his face screamed, and promptly fainted. Vicious raised an eyebrow.

"Well, there's that...oh, so this is the source."

Dumped on the table was half a person, with the ribs exposed and the heart removed, dripping blood all over the floor...the girl thanked the heavens her breakfast that morning had been light, and that the room was dim.

"What else, what else...oh, this knife isn't too bad. I'll take it. And some sort of map with detailed markings, plus some sort of pendant, hmm...fancy circle on the floor too."

In the end the girl shrugged, tying up the fainted person whilst tucking the dragon-claw-shaped emblem into her pocket. She had no idea if it was interesting or not, but it was worth turning in and seeing.

She also had absolutely no idea that her face was splattered in blood.

Zoey

Mustachu
Memo Title: Spire Reef
Memo Category: City
Content: Spire Reef is a port city North of Scribel know for it's sea stacks that jut out of the water. You can see ships weaving through the rocks to dock.

New Discoveries: Spire Reef known to the locals as pirate country seems to be ruled by leaders known as the Pirate Kings. If reports are to be believed pirate country is the home to many illegal activities such as smuggling, human trafficking, and more.

Non important parts are striked through
Character:Omni (Level 1) (EXP 75) (Money 40)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting

Hey Hey, I am here to submit another scouting report!

*salutes*

How are you, receptionist person? Isn't it a great day to be a human!

So yesterday... or was it the day before? I was getting hungry again, so I decided to take another quest! For money. for food coz that's normal.

This time I ventured north, I know I know Demons boar and bears and all that, but it's fine I was really careful... And when I chanced upon a demon and it growled at me I growled back with all my mouths- I mean with my single mouth, then it just left me alone.

See, I did all my safe beast-handling training lessons from the School of Totally Legit Beastmasters, I spent 10 gold getting that qualification ya know!

Anyway, I follow the river north and I found the port city of Spire Reef. It like all rich and stuff have all these ships going in and out all the time.

Apparently, its called Spire Reef because it got all these spikey stones in the sea around it. I don't know how ships manage to dock without crashing. But there it was all the ships weaved around the spikes, and avoid all the other ships, It was really cool!

So after running around the city a bit, and I ate some stuff. Then I came back.

How far? ERrrr..... OneeeTwooooo THreeeeeeeee.... day'sss ...I mean.... ermmm almost a week's journey maybe?

I mean how fast can a human run anyway?

Ah ha haha...

*pulls open collar and wipes sweat off head*

Oh yeah!

On my way back, I found this camp along the river and I met these three really funny dudes. At first, they were really surprised I showed up. But then they asked me this really weird question. One of them said, "Your Money or your Life!?"

That's a weird thing to ask, right?

I didn't really want money. Since I was on my way to make some anyway, and I didn't really want to kill them. Coz I wasn't all that hungry on account on I just ate.

SO I said, " No, thanks, I am good, you can keep both your money and your lives"

Then they just started laughing, so laughed with them.

heheheh...
I still don't know what the joke is...

But I think they must really want me to take their lives, coz they started running towards me swinging their weapons around and shooting arrows at me...It really hurts when I get hit so I had to stop them!

And I thought: if they want me to take their lives so badly I might as well. But after a bit, they must have changed their minds because they kept saying. "Please No!" and " Stop! Stop! Help!" One of them even said "Monster!Monster!"

I looked around and I didn't see any monsters. Eventually, they couldn't move anymore, and I was also a bit tired and was a bit hungry.

In the end, I didn't know if these dudes want me to kill them or not, so I just met them halfway. Didn't take their lives or their money but I did take some of their stuff.

*opens sack*

Like this leather tunic and this dagger... some travel rations...

*other things start to fall out*

ERm... Oh! there is this, the hand of the guy with the bow... there are the eyes of the man with the big axe... and this is bits of the leg of the speedy one with the dagger...

AH those guys, I wonder what they are doing now... I hope they finally make up their mind and find someone to take their money or lives...

Anyway... Do you want these? I don't need them... right now... But... I could keep them.... for later...
Quest Report - Okarin

Several days after attempting to visit the city temple, Okarin finally mustered up the energy to attempt another quest.

By this point, Okarin had regrown many more inches and was now approximately the size of a 12-year-old. Green Slime was as gluttonous as always, and refused to go anywhere — it wanted to stay in the fields munching on grass all day. This was more or less becoming their routine. During the evenings, Okarin would find some rock or log to sleep underneath, and Green Slime would graze all day and night. During the day, Okarin would leave Green Slime alone and go off to do stuff — although Okarin always had a sinking fear in their stomach that a wandering adventurer would see Green Slime and promptly kill it.

It actually gave Okarin a surprising amount of anxiety.

Like, even doing something as mundane as walking to the Adventurer's Guild to submit a quest report filled Okarin with worry. They constantly thought about Green Slime, and had to resist the urge to run back and check on it every hour.

In either case, after a week Okarin was emotionally exhausted with dealing with this slime drama. They wanted to get away from the city.

...Like... really get away... far away.

Okarin found a quest report that seemed like it would take them far away, so they grabbed it immediately.

+ + +

Unwilling to leave Green Slime behind, Okarin simply picked it up from the ground. Okarin was much bigger now, so carrying the pillow-sized herb slime was no real issue. However, the big glutton was extremely displeased by this, and it wiggled angrily about having its meal interrupted.

Regardless, Okarin made their way to the river and looked upstream.

Last time, they had traveled south — but what laid north?

Okarin had spotted a quest report in the guild about a traveler who followed the river north to a port city called "Spire Reef".

Would things be better there? Would the people there also hate slimes? Okarin wanted to know.

+ + +

Over the next several days, Okarin slowly made their way upstream, following the northern banks of the river. They took a leisurely pace — because Green Slime liked to eat a lot — and they camped out underneath the stars. They encountered the typical Scribel Region forest fauna, like goblins and wolves, but Okarin had enough transformation tricks up their sleeve to frighten them away without much of a fight.

The course of the River was mostly steady. It was a good depth — deep enough for river barges — and Okarin judged that the river was mostly navigable. Of course, there were typical tough spots like sand bars, eddies, and hidden shoals that might be a dangerous obstacle for an inexperienced boatman, but overall it was generally manageable.

On the third day of Okarin's journey, they encountered a series of swift rapids. The slimeperson noted that this would probably be the most challenging section of the river. Only the most experienced navigators would dare crossing a spot like this, lest their boat get smashed up against rocks. Perhaps there was another way around?

After passing the Swift Rapids, the river broadened extensively, into what was clearly a new biome. This area seemed to be extremely dry and rocky — like badlands. There were dry shrubs, meandering gullies, rock crabs, and lots of red grayish rock. The rusted rock formations looked very strange. With the way that the river carved sharp snake-like corners, it was hard to see what be hiding around each corner.

It was here that Okarin encountered another group of travelers.

They were armed.

+ + +

"Oh my, what do we have here? A little girl? So far away from home?"

There was laughter among the gang of rogues.

"Don't you think it's a little dangerous around here? You know, cuz thieves and stuff." One of the sneered.

"Yeppo, bandits just love to snack on little girls. Tastiest things to munch on before dinner."

"Personally, I think they're better as dessert."

One of the travelers was enormous as a troll. In fact, Okarin, was almost positive that the man was in fact a troll. In fact, over half of the group of vagabonds was nonhuman. Okarin couldn't quite tell what all of their species were, but presumably they were mixed — some kind of half race. Many of them were missing limbs and heavily scarred, and they were clearly experienced. In fact, they were easily just as strong or even stronger than most of the adventurers in Scribel. Their equipment was high quality and deadly.

These weren't just ordinary run-off-the-mill rogues.

Okarin knew that they were outclassed from a single glance.

"So, little girl. Don't you think you should turn around and go home? We're pretty much as nice as people get around here."

"I'm looking for a place called Spire Reef. Do you know how I can get there?"

One the vagabonds instantly burst out into laughter.

"You — a kid — want to go to Spire Reef? Isn't it normally the other way around? Smelly girls like you are always trying to run away."

"Look, we're trying to be nice here. You're in pirate country. There are no laws here, and Spire Reef answers to no authority. I'm guessing you're a lass from that new tiny human city out in the boonies? Let me tell you — the world is a big place — and out here you bow to the Pirate Kings with their great armadas across all the seven seas."

"Let me put 1 + 1 together for you. We're pirates. We steal stuff. We smuggle stuff. We kill stuff. If it's illegal and we smell gold, we do it. Little girls like you can fetch a nice price on the market. You should check out the slave market in Spire Reef sometime. We've got half-elves from Tereldria and minotaurs from Sauros. Us pirates are better traders on the sea than anybody!"

Okarin didn't blink, and they were unfazed.

"I'm not a little girl though."

"Haha! You have a funny sense a humor, lassie."

"Which way is it to the pirate city?"

"Huh? Did you not hear anything that we said? If you follow the river — there is a fork up ahead. The northeastern branch runs downstream to the Spire Reef. The northwestern branch runs upstream to the mountains. A small hill marks the fork where the river splits. We like to call it Prisoner's Knoll."

"Thanks for your help. Can I go now?"

Okarin stood up and prepared to push their way through the group of vagabonds.

However, one of the outlaws with tentacles (seaweed?) for a beard stuck out his massive arm, blocking Okarin's path.

"Me thinks that the girlie has been quite rude. Me don't like."

"Me neither. Good call, Gumbo."

"Huh? Leaving already? But we were only just starting to get to know each other" A different vagabond flashed their half-rotting teeth.

"You know," one of original pirates spoke up. "Nothing runs for free here. We gave you advice. Did you think you could get a free lunch?"

"Give us your gold. Then we'll let you go."

+ + +

Okarin stared back at the group of pirates. All of them had their hands loosely on their weapons, although they did not look overly concerned. It seemed that they did not consider Okarin to be much of a threat. In fact, one of them was still laughing and taking a swig of booze out of their flagon.

"Are you robbing me?" Okarin asked simply.

The leader chuckled in response.

"Well, sure, if you want to see it that way. Although honestly, in pirate country it's more like we're saying 'hello'. It's not polite to greet someone without stabbing them first, you see? It's no fun drinking at a tavern unless there's a good brawl and a couple smashed bottles. You don't need to take it personally. You aren't friends with somebody until you've stabbed them at least once."

"Huh... I didn't know."

"So, you paying up or not?"

"Well..."

Okarin walked casually to the edge of the river and peered over the side. The water was quite deep here.

"C'mon, we don't got all day. Chit and Chux, go and grab 'er."

"Sorry. I don't wanna pay. I'm leaving now."

"???"

"It was nice talking. Byebye!"

The pirates stared blankly at Okarin as the supposed 12-year-old girl jumped unhesitatingly straight into the river, carrying a large green slime in her arms.

The swift current instantly swept the two of them away.

They floated downstream on a course that took them all the way back to Scribel City.

Last edited:

Bochi

Memo Subject: Giant Sewer Rats

Unlike what their name suggests, Giant Sewer Rats aren't truly giant; most are about the size of a family cat. They're rather territorial, but will leave humans alone unless provoked. When in the presence of food, giant rats in the vicinity will coordinate to swarm and reach the food. In some cases, people carrying the food will also become food.

They're not too dangerous individually, but when working as a swarm and taken into account that their bite might cause diseases, it's best not to underestimate the furry vermin.

Oh, and it is rumoured that Vicious has a phobia of these since her stint in the sewers, but as always, tease her at your own peril.

Reference
"Sewers again? Oh, rats. I didn't really want to go down there again if I could help myself...argh, fine."

Making a detour to a certain type of shop in town, Vicious emerged five minutes later with a chunk of stale cheese, and set off for the sewers.

The plan was as follows; she would heat up the cheese until it softened, and let the smell do the baiting. She also had some packets of chewing gum with her as an alternative to glue. No springtrap, but that didn't matter when she had a functioning knife and a keen hand. And thus, the girl figured that such a stint would only require ten or so minutes.

An hour later, a sopping wet Vicious made her way out of the sewers.

"What was that swarm?! It's moldy cheese, for goodness sake! Are the rats here so starved that they'll amass just for a piece of expired cheese? I don't even play a pipe, for heaven's sake!"

Perhaps it was a stroke of luck, but since she figured it would be an easy task, most of her belongings were left in the tavern room which she had rented out. She'd brought along nothing beyond the bait, bubble gum, a knife and her clothes.

Contrary to expectations, the moment the smell of cheese started spreading, the rats were already making their presence known. Seeing several dozen pairs of eyes appearing in the dark simultaneously...that was a chilling experience, to say the least. But god, watching the swarm move was an entirely different matter.

She'd immediately ditched it and jumped into the murky sewer waters, swimming for the ladder that led to the street, but the rats followed, leaping into the water in twos and threes. Quite a number drowned, but still a sizeable number swam after her...

"Never...doing this again. Not worth."

Vicious deliberately ignored the pouch of rat tails on her waist. In the chaotic melee she had mostly been focused on stabbing or clubbing anything that moved, so when she could finally pause for a break, the ground around her was littered in tiny carcasses and she was soaked, smelly, and bleeding from more than a few wounds and cuts. And that had been in shallow waters, where the rats had been swimming and weren't moving nearly as fast; on land she would have been mobbed, and what could be more glorious than dying to rats in a sewer?

She was barely paying attention as she mechanically cut off all the tails and stuffed them into a pouch---there were way more than 10, but she was too tired to care.

And so, Vicious would hand in her report and the pouch shortly after, dry but still smelling of sewer water and dying to take a bath.

Feathers95

(Updating a memo)
Memo Title: Scribel River (Official Name TBD)
Memo Category: Location
Content:

Scribel River is a large waterway that flows from North to South near Scribel City.

Mana Glowstones were found in Scribel River near the city, with ten different veins found spread across the surface of the riverbed. A narrow part of the river was found by one of these veins, which may be suitable for bridge-building.
  • Following a downstream southern fork in the river leads to a waterfall cliff, followed by swampy marshland and a large lake region.
  • Following a downstream southwestern fork in the river leads to a delta into the ocean, alongside a sandy beach and a tall cliff separating it from the swampy region.
  • Following the river upstream leads to a small hill named Prisoner's Knoll, which marks the fork where the river splits into two.
    • The northeastern branch runs downstream to the Spire Reef, a port city.
    • The northwestern branch runs upstream to the mountains.
References:
I was out gathering earlier today when I ran into the smell of blood from multiple people. Someone has attempted to wipe out the tracks of a skirmish but did a hasty job - the bloodscent led to a site where the earth has been disturbed and everything points to it being a grave. I'm guesstimating that a handful or so people were involved but I'm not able to tell for sure. I also opted not to disturb the grave. At minimum, I'm suggesting sending in clergy to make sure the poor soul/s don't go undead.

The site is located three miles north of the town, close to the river. Follow the left riverbank until a few hundred meters before the fork in the river, and you'll find a white piece of cloth that I tied around a tree. That's the approximate location.
While I wondered what to do because I absolutely did not want to get engaged with such exploitive quests like the maid one again, I noticed a new quest was issued, this time to... Investigate a report of possible deaths and purify the dead?

My oh my, it's almost as if the guild made this quest specifically for me, the goddess must guided their path and given them guidance to reward me for my endeavors.

In that case, I should make haste and leave right away. I left the city through the northern gate and then moved through the riverbank. I was glad the instructions were simple to follow, though it did bother me that they were a bit too unclear in the exact distances I had to travel... Though I suppose one would not accurately measure how much they walked under normal circumstances, so this couldn't be helped.

Luckily, my destination wasn't too far, so I quickly reached the white piece of cloth that was tied around a tree... However, the directions ended here, and I could not smell any blood nearby, possibly because of the smell of muddy soil that comes from the river. I'm impressed the person that did the preliminary investigation was able to track it from this location...

It would be no good to give up here though, so I closed my eyes and prayed. Prayed to my goddess, to lead me towards those poor spirits that need to be purified, that deserve a peaceful afterlife, yet might be stuck in this world due to their regrets...

I sensed it. The goddess gave me her blessing and showed me the path. I could sense the direction that they were in... The primary investigation was right, there was a grave nearby.

I walked towards them, it would be no good to rush, one should not startle the already scared dead... I took a deep breath and remembered how I did it in the past, it felt like so long ago, how I purified the dead back in my home world... Could I still do it now? In a place that I don't even know how the afterlife works?

... I have to do it, the goddess gave me her powers in order to help those poor souls. Failure is not an option.

I arrived at the site. It was clear that there was something buried beneath me, the soil was far too soft and clearly rearranged in a hurry... Most importantly however, I could see them, the souls. Right in front of me, 6 souls flying around and attacking one another... They seemed to be split in two groups of 3, each of them carrying nothing but a sword and their clothes, they fought against each other, continuously, without mercy, stabbing, beheading, dismembering... Only for the defeated soul to raise once again and go back to the battle.

And beyond that, they were... Crying. With each strike, tears fell from their eyes, with each blow, unspeakable sadness emanated from their souls... And it kept escalating, a spiral of regret that got worse and worse with each death... They would soon become vengeful spirits at this rhythm.

I couldn't allow that, those poor men deserved better than this. I closed my eyes and offered a silent prayer to the goddess one more time, then, opened my eyes once more, with the light of the goddess within them. I knew what I had to do, and so, I started dancing.

One step at a time, I did not need to hurry, time was plentiful, one graceful movement after the other, offering a prayer for each of them and wishing for them to realize their own mortality, and how they were no longer burdened by the sins of the living.

For those people... They were not aware of their death, to seek pardon, one must first understand their own sins... And to understand them, one must first understand themselves.

And so I danced, I danced for them, I prayed for them, moved throughout the small makeshift graveyard, letting them hear my unspoken prayers, making my wishes reach their souls which no longer belonged to this world.

Slowly, they realized it. One at a time, they stopped fighting... They noticed, any reason they had to fight, had long lost its meaning, for only the living have any reason to spill blood... The dead do not need to fight, the dead just need... To rest.

Tears fell from their eyes, they sat down and covered their eyes with their hands, unable to accept the reality... Yet the reality would not change even if they did not accept them. They had a choice to make, they could remain here, forever wallowing for their sins, for their dreams unfulfilled, for their goals that are now unreachable... Or they could move. To a better place, to a place that they could rest, to where they could no longer be burdened by all that have always afflicted them... For so long they have fought, but now... It was time for peace.

They hugged each other, cried to their hearts content, let their feelings flow, let their worries wash away from their souls, let their regrets disappear, together with the transiency of the living... And then they left. Towards a better place, a place they could rest.

I breathed a sigh of relief, it's certainly been quite some time since I did a purification, and it was my first time doing it on my own, I was glad nothing went wrong this once.

However, it was not over yet, while their souls were no longer here, their bodies deserved better than this... Though I was afraid it would be impossible for me to move their bodies to the graveyard on my own. What to do then?

It was at about this time, that a young woman came out from behind a nearby rock and approached me, I was confused for a moment, but she quickly clarified who she was, and what had happened to those poor men... In summary, she, Laila, was cursed by a witch a few years back, a curse that made all men that came close to her to fall in love with her, and to die for that love... She did not explain why the witch gave her this curse, but she did tell me that those 6 dead spirits were her closest friends that have been with her for life. And that killed one another in an attempt to earn her love.

It was a pitiful story, I wished I could help her, but it took no more than a few seconds trying, to realize her curse was beyond what I could help her with... Whoever inflicted this, had a deep grudge towards her, far bigger than what I could cure while so far from my goddess.

I apologized, though Laila did not feel like I needed to... For she was happy, that at least the people she loved could now rest in peace... We could not give them a proper burial, but we could at least give them a proper grave.

We worked together to carve an unique tombstone for each of them, and left a prayer and a few flowers for each, as a reminder of whom they were before the curse, as the men that she cared for the most, and the biggest friends that have ever roamed this land... We prayed for them, for a peaceful afterlife, and for a safe travel, towards the place that they may now rest.

And after that, we left towards the city. Once there, we separated as I returned to the guild, and she went to the home of their families, to deliver the news... Apparently she has been away from the city ever since their demise, for she was unable to forgive herself for their death... Perhaps now she'll be able to rest too, I can only pray for her safety from now on.

OOC: @Yorth, can you appraise this one for me please?
Name: Ryzen
Level: 1 (EXP: 70)
Report:

I was looking through the quest board to see if anything new popped up. I needed to stretch out my limbs after not working for two days and coincidentally I found this which piqued my interest.

I set out a day after I registered my name at the reception desk to prepare for the quest. I made my way to the location of the client and asked further details regarding this glow in the river. Apparently this started, or at least it was discovered by her kids, four days ago. There was no noticeable change around the riverbank after discovering the glow.

After getting all information needed from the client, I made my way to the river. There was certainly a faint glow if one squinted enough. I needed to get a closer look so I wore my enchanted boots that lets me walk on water. I arrived at the location of the glow and looked down at the riverbed to see if I could find what's causing it. Unfortunately the water was not too clear with the current of river not helping at all but from I could see multiple fish gathering around the glow.

Well... there was only one way to find out.

Did you know how hard it was to fight against the current while swimming downwards? It took me a few tries, with one of the attempts almost drowning me, but I eventually saw what was causing this phenomenon.

It was actually a couple of rocks that were jade white and emitted blinding glow. If I didn't use my [Mana Sense] to help my eyes, I would've been blinded. Strange enough, it seems like these stones had a fair amount of mana in them.

I picked up a total of seven glowstones from that venture. Maybe we could use this as an alternative light source?

What's strange was how did these light stones show up there? Further research might be needed but one conjecture I came up with is that maybe these stones might've been swept downstream. Maybe the source of these stones could be found further upstream?

P.S. Can I volunteer for the research team? Pretty please?
Quest Report (6)
Name
Level: 2 (325 EXP)
Quest: Follow the River
Evaluation:
  • Explored one of the downstream branches of the river
  • Located marshland
After another visit with Folke, the little boy I had rescued a couple of days ago from the sewers, I decided to take on a more explorative quest to clear my mind a little, which would also give me room to experiment with my magic during the expedition. Since all the exploration quests didn't have much of a difference to me, I just picked the first one and headed towards its general location. Seeing as I had picked the river, I faintly recalled the brown-haired boy who's quest report I had assessed. He mentioned that the glowstones may have originated from upstream, and seemed to be eager to be a part of the research team for it. 'Well then, I guess I'll leave that for him to explore.' I thought offhandedly, not particularly bothered either way.

As I trailed the river bank leisurely, experimenting with spells as I walked, I faintly noticed that the number of trees was lessening and that it was getting a little harder to breathe. After defeating a slime that hopped into my path out of nowhere, I was greeted with a rather amazing sight. The river branch I followed had led me to a sudden waterfall, which led to shallow streams and patches of lakes. After digging a small hole in the ground using my shoes, I noticed water leakage. No wonder the ground was turning slightly softer beneath my feet: I had entered wetland territory.

Deciding to stop wasting mana on my spell experimentation, I focused all my attention on the surroundings around me. Below the waterfall, there was not a single tree in sight, ruling out the idea that this was a swamp. Since there wasn't any tell-tale peat and an abundance of reeds, cattails and common marsh plants, I deduced that this must be a marshland of some sort. Although the surroundings initially seemed rather ordinary, I noticed that the plants seemed to grow... bigger than usual here. Perhaps due to this, the creatures here were bigger as well. I noticed the vague outlines of strangely-shaped slimes, dragon-like alligators, giant dragonflies with pincers, and that was all that I saw with one view. Who knew how much wildlife was hidden beneath the surface of this place...

However, what really surprised me was a certain carnivorous plant that I could vaguely see dotted around the more land-based areas of the marsh. It was the exact same carnivorous vine plant that had suddenly appeared on Farmer Joe's field!

Although shocked, I hurriedly decided to head back before any of these creatures noticed me. Especially by myself, there was no way I could explore this place without dying at least a thousand times...
Are Waterfalls Dangerous? (CLOSED / @ohko @Silver)

Overjoyed at him joining it, it pushed off the shore so fast he wasn’t even able to sit down first. Adding on, "Hold on tight! I'm going to go fast!"

Barely able to stabilize himself after the first push. He had to cling on for dear life once it started to move so fast his surroundings became a blur, jumping up, down, left, and right It was hard for him to even focus on anything in this state. Hearing the Slime call out once more he strained his ears to hear.

"Oh, Cassel! I need you to spot for me! I can't see as well from down here, so if you spot anything..."

Muttering under his breath, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

He dragged himself to the front of the Slime. And, desperately kept look out, calling out rocks, animals, and anything else that looked dangerous. That was until the amount of trees and river left became far shorter than it should be. He cried out “UM HEY OKARIN I DON”T MEAN TO ALARM YOU BUT WE’RE RUNNING OUT OF RIVER!!!” in a manner far from calm.

Edit: Title
There was a fork in the river! I must have missed it last time since we were going so fast!

The southern fork — which we had taken last time — led to waterfall cliff, marshes, lakes, and the lowlands.

There was a southwestern fork that hadn't been explored!
"Huh? Did you not hear anything that we said? If you follow the river — there is a fork up ahead. The northeastern branch runs downstream to the Spire Reef. The northwestern branch runs upstream to the mountains. A small hill marks the fork where the river splits. We like to call it Prisoner's Knoll."
I ran away from the gate as soon as I arrived, running into a few people on my way. I didn't stick around to see if the gate was closed, nor did I want to. Regardless, I had to stop running at some point. Which, coincidentally, happened to be in front of a reception desk for an...adventurer's guild? Again? I decided to flash my card from my previous world, and asked if it was accepted. It, for some reason, was, even though this was the first time I even heard of this plane. Even stranger was that the receptionist understood my sylvan speech, which was my habitual language after all my time spent in the forest. Perhaps this world is just used to odd happenings like people from other worlds coming to this one? No matter, I was already used to odd happenings after my first week in proper society.

As such, I decided to calm down and assess my current state, one that was particularly alarming. On one hand I felt like I was more dexterous in this world, almost like there was less weight on my person. On the other hand, I couldn't feel any magic around me, nor was my Ki flowing. Luckily I still knew a bit of fighting thanks to learning about monk techniques, but that still left me mostly defenseless against people. As such, I decided that I had to research what was going on in this world to prevent me from using magic. In order to do that, I decided to look at the quests that were displayed on the quest board. Honestly, I'm glad that I got to experience an Adventurer's Guild before I had to leave my world behind. It made knowing what to do next here a lot simpler.

Anyway, I looked at the quest board and...I couldn't read a single one of the quests. As such, I grabbed one at random and brought it to the receptionist. They let me accept the quest even before I could ask them about what it said, so I guess I'm stuck on the quest. Luckily, they still gave me a brief rundown of what I had to do. Apparently there was a river south of the city that had glowing rocks in it, and I was to investigate it.

The rocks are blinding, and only with something called mana sense can you prevent that, from what I gathered. Was that just a Detect Magic spell? If so, at least I know magic is possible here, I just need to know how to use it. Which is why, by the time I got to the river, I was thoroughly exhausted and wanted to nap from trying to use detect magic the entire way there. I made little to no progress in figuring out how to use magic here, so I decided to rest by the river until night fall. Hana curled up on my lap and slept while I rested with a tree against my back. It wasn't much of a camp, but it was like many of the times I slept before.

By the time I woke up, it was night with a full moon ahead. Due to deciding to follow the Circle of the Moon for my druid studies, I felt especially relaxed tonight. Still, I could feel no magic around me. Perhaps I needed to find a different way of feeling magic? Sighing to myself, I looked at the glowing river. Yes, it was glowing. It's not terribly surprising, though, what with the glowstones in it. I walked up to the riverbed and decided to reach into the water and touch the glowstones. Part of the quest was to research them, and I really need to find out what makes them light up so that I can work on finding more of the stones.

As I touched the stone, I felt a slight, very slight tingle against my hand. It didn't feel like magic, certainly not the magic I knew. Still, it certainly was magic. Which means it was my best chance at figuring out how to use magic in this world. So, the best idea I had to sense the new magic was to break the stone open and try to sense its escape. Which, obviously, wasn't going to work due to the lack of a way to break the stone open.

Thinking for a bit, I decided to instead meditate for a bit to attempt to sense the mana inside the stone. I left Hana to guard me as I did. And, finally, I succeeded! However, it took several hours since it was already morning when I finished. What's more, I could still barely sense any magic around me. I could probably cast one spell every day right now, but it was better than nothing. Still, I could use magic again!

I was so ecstatic that I immediately used Detect Magic, hoisted Hana onto my shoulder, and dashed along the riverbed to find all of the different spots that the stone showed up at. Due to only having ten minutes to cast the spell, my results were limited. Still, finding ten different veins on the surface of the riverbed should be fine, right?

When I returned to the guild later on, I drew a small map to the best of my ability to mark where the veins were. I then retired back to the riverbed to find a forest to make a small home in. I'll grab my rewards tomorrow when they've successfully located the spots.
Evaluated by Feathers95
Waking up the next day, I slowly stroked Hana's fur who laid on top of me. She was an adorable red fox, yet quite silent as well. After all, she barely said a word since we arrived here! Speaking of that, I have quite a bit to do here now that I have nowhere to live again, and my powers aren't very strong at all. So I decided to go over to the Adventurer's Guild and grab my rewards before spending it all on writing supplies. They were quite expensive, but it included a book for me to write spells down on, making it a lot easier to prepare spells and for ritual casting.

I also used it to make a list of my priorities in this world, namely:
  1. Increase my magic capacity
  2. Relearn how to absorb Ki
  3. Form a permanent form of shelter in the forest
  4. Make friends with some of the creatures living in this world
  5. Learn how to read the common language of this plane
It was a plain list, sure, but it still helped me get a grip on what I needed to do. Which is why I decided to, yet again, find a task. Right now my main issue is a lack of funds, which is sadly important in human culture. My magic and Ki should return to me in due time as I get used to this plane, so the more important part to worry about is food and shelter. Food was much less of an issue, of course, due to the forest providing plenty and my ability to make goodberries. Despite that, a shelter was still very much necessary.

The quest that I chose should, in theory, help me get one. With some help from the attendant, I selected a quest about prospecting a bridge location at the river I was at yesterday. And, sleeping there last night, I know quite a bit about it. However, the more important aspect was that I didn't even need to return to finish the quest. Instead, I walked up to the receptionist's desk and said in Sylvan, "There should be several spots to form a bridge over the southern river. Depending on the method, it can even be formed across the widest part. However, there's a narrow part of the river right by one of the veins of glowstone. I can show you on the map I made yesterday." I paused for a bit before continuing, "Additionally, I'd be able to help construct the bridge if need be. I can use some spells to mold the earth into a bridge while still letting the river flow through, or I can magically grow a living tree into a bridge."

As I was explaining, I also got to working on a map for possible bridge locations before turning it in and looking for a second quest to work on.
Evaluated by Zoey

Last edited:

Yorth

Swordman
Memo Title: Mysterious Old man
Memo Category: Person
Content:
A mysterious old who looks like your typical beggar. Ragged clothes, shaggy beard, and a horrible smell. However, he seems to have information that nobody knows about. No one knows his name, no one knows his location and nobody had ever seen him before. That was until he appeared randomly in a guild outpost and gave urgent information regarding the slime horde.
References:
Quest Report
Name

Report:

GM

Memo Title: Scribel Region
Content:

Scribel is a region in the world of Tonia that includes the area surrounding Scribel City.

The biome is predominantly woodland and the climate is mostly temperate. Many forest-related monsters and wildlife can be found in the region, especially goblins, wolves, bandits, slimes, etc. The vast North Scribel Forest is the site of many quests for beginner adventurers headquartered in the Scribel area.

The Scribel River (name TBD) flows from north to south in the Scribel region. Scribel City is located near the river.

The western quadrant of Scribel is predominantly farmland. A road from Scribel City leads to Asteria Village in the west. Mountains border the northern rim of this corridor. Gem's Ravine is located somewhere in the mountains.

The eastern quadrant of Scribel is predominantly tall grassland/plains. The region seems to be relatively undeveloped. A quarry site is located in the east. Currently, the massive "slime hoard" is located somewhere in the east.

Traveling southwest leads to the ocean/beaches. One branch of the river dumps into the ocean. Following the river further south eventually leads to a waterfall and sudden cliff that drops into the Lowland/Swamp/Lake Region.

In the opposite direction, following the river upstream to the north eventually leads to the Badlands/Pirate/Spire Reef Region. Further upstream, the river splits, with one branch leading to the mountains and another branch leading to Spire Reef, a pirate port city.

References:
(too lazy to quote every post, but the following posts includes links to every reference... there are over 17 references compiled!)
Scribel City Exploration Initiative

Follow the River
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Explore the river near Scribel City
  • Update: Traveling downstream (south) seems to lead to a waterfall/marshland (source) (source)
  • Update: Traveling downstream on a southwest river fork seems to lead to the ocean (source)
  • Update: Traveling upstream (north) seems to lead to the port city of Spire Reef (source)
  • Update: Traveling upstream (north) seems to lead to a badlands biome, followed by a fork in the river. The northwest branch leads to the mountains. The northeast branch leads to Spire Reef, a pirate city (source)
  • Update: Slightly south of the city, there are several places suitable for building a bridge. Glowstone veins are here (source)
  • Update: The northwest branch leads to Gem's Ravine and Bighorn Mountain, the site of the Rank E exam (source)
Description: Several adventurers spotted a river while on their quests (1) (2) (3). Where does it lead?
Rewards:
  • Money: 30

Let's Go... East!
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Explore East of Scribel City
  • Note: Slime hoard sighted in this direction.
  • Update: Seems to be a large plain (source)
  • Update: There is a rock formation suitable for a quarry (source)
Rewards:

Let's Go... West!
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Explore West of Scribel City
  • Update: Traveling west seems to be mostly farmland. And existing road leads to Asteria Village (source)
Rewards:

Let's Go... South!
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Explore South of Scribel City
  • Update: It seems to be large body of water? (source)
  • Update: It seems to be a lake/swamp? (source) Is this the same as downstream of the river? (see above)
  • Update: Another report in this region (source)
  • Update: Potentially hostile lizard-people to the southeast (source)
Rewards:

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Memo Title: The Scribel's Prison ( No official name in the record )
Content: As one of the oldest constructions, and most damaged one, the prison remained standing since the very first day of the city creation. Inside of the ancient-looking building held many criminals, many of which committed mundane crimes, and is in need to be locked away from the innocent citizens. Most of the prisoners were just normal people who, under the lapse of judgement, did something terrible. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Or is it?

With the atmosphere of the gloomy dungeon, the smell of the rotten garbage and bad air-circulation permeated the cells. Alongside the cracks of the building, many contradictory stories could be inquired from many sources. From just an ordinary prisoner to the mentally unstable deranged, all kinds of people existed within this forbidden confinement. Some said that it was built at the same time as the city, but its appearance indicated a history extended beyond just five years. There was no record or a complete overhaul of the prison. Some mysterious prisoners were there even before the first prisoner record was created. Lastly, at the end of the first floor, a mysterious gate remained tightly sealed with various formations.

I advised every brave soul to be careful. The prison might be more than what it seems. Tread with absolute caution.
References:
Quest Report (7)
Name
Level: 2 (425 EXP)
Quest: Prison Guard
Evaluation:
  • Guarded the prisoners in Block C from morning till night.
Today, little Folke gave me a hug as I left. He seems to have grown really attached to me after I rescued him from the sewers. I suppose it feels nice being a hero for once. Back then, I was for sure the villain that caused millions of deaths. Well, times have changed I guess. I did feel a bit of guilt having originally only taken the quest for its gold, but I feel it became more meaningful to me than just gold could've been. Hmm, maybe I should interact with others more... it's not only the world I should be exploring afterall.

After applying for the quest, I uneventfully made my way to the prison, where I was given a simple tour of the cells and an introduction to my duties. Although the quest objective was to watch over a single prisoner, it seemed that the guards had put me in charge of a small group of cells. I didn't particularly mind since I thought the day would pass by peacefully regardless, with the cell walls being so thick and the prisoners being shackled so tightly.

The day passed by as uneventfully as I imagined it to be.

The prisoners chatted amongst themselves mundanely, some regretful of their actions, some more psychopathic and some mentally unstable. At noon, I passed each prisoner their lunch and took then took their trays away. Some reacted a little from seeing my mistmatched eyes, but it was nothing too serious.Then in the evening, I passed each prisoner their dinner and then took their trays away. Finally, sometime during the night, I swapped shifts with another guard before leaving the premise.

Although repetitive and mundane, I felt that I had learnt a little more about what makes a criminal. It had been a while since I had experienced such a peaceful quest, perhaps if I just needed some easy rewards, I could do this again sometime.

Small man in chains.

The chains were pretty.

Chains rusty and weak.

Fixed all the Chains.

Man was quite funny.

Loud and very funny.

He danced and sang.

A nearby guard laughed.

Did real good job.
There is a saying: when a newcomer arrives at the job, they get assigned a hard task to measure their capability. Of course, the hard tasks would be the ones that usually nobody wanted to do.

In the gaol, there was an old inmate who was reportedly insane, and no one liked guarding him. Even one of her fellow adventurers had went for a stint, or so she heard. The point was, nobody wanted to be assigned this duty.

Since she was the new prison guard (for a day), she was a newcomer. That meant getting the tough job. So who did she end up with? What a real no-brainer.

To give credit to the old guy, he only really disturbed Vicious when he walked right in front of the cell door, out of sight from the windows, and started mumbling inaudibly.

Which was...about once every twenty minutes? If she hummed to herself during then, she could almost ignore it. Almost.

When she had first heard the mumbling in the morning, a concerned Vicious had opened the small sliding portion built into the door to peek inside. As soon as she did, there was a startled gasp before the girl slammed the sliding portion closed.

Standing right behind the door had been the old man, eyes bloodshot, staring right at her. She didn't scare easily, but that was rather unsettling. Thanks to that, she subconsciously avoided looking into the cell whenever the mumbling started, and when it was time for dinner, Vicious simply slid the tray through a gap in the window, and backed away to settle back on the stool.

To take her mind off the rambling, Vicious fished out the emblem she had located at the latest site---the ruined house---and started examining it more closely. Much as she hated to admit it, the craftsmanship was decent. The detailing on the dragon's claw, the ridges and grooves that formed the scales...she ended up more preoccupied in the emblem than she initially expected.

How long was I out?

Finally pocketing the emblem for later, Vicious glanced back into the cell and nearly screeched. The old man was sitting by the window, staring at her.

"......"

Neither spoke for a while; then the old inmate reached out, as far as he was able to, and pointed at her.

"Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh."

Before she could respond, he had already stood up and walked back to his tiny bed.

What the heck was that?

An hour later, the day ended and Vicious was able to leave. As she passed the front desk, the guard jokingly asked her,

"He didn't weird you out too much, did he?"

"Not too much once I got used to it."

Shrugging, the guard waved goodbye as the girl left, deep in thought.

If possible, I want to know what those words mean.
Prison Guard
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend the day guarding a prisoner.
Explanation:
Looking for more boring work? There are various vagabonds in the prison, and they need to be watched. It shouldn’t be too dangerous... well, as long as nothing goes wrong.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
Report - Solet' Luna
With many questions and doubts in my mind, I decided to go and gather some knowledge from an inconvenient source. From the words of mouth, the prison was one of the first building to ever be built into the City, alongside the Adventure Guild. Many of the old prisoners were one of the very first settlers of the town, and there was a rumour that mysterious sounds would manifest within the new moon night.

If possible, I would like to find the oldest prisoner within the prison, but no one, not even the wardens themselves, knew the exact detail of the prisoners. From my inquiry, some of the prisoners seemed to always be in there, even before the first records book was written.

Before my shift, I went around the prison to examine the surrounding. Although there was nothing unusual about the building itself, a sense of gloominess permeated the air. To me, this place was more like a dungeon than a prison. At the end of the first-floor cell, there was a huge gate that was sealed shut with many magical formations, the kinds that even I knew nothing about. If not for their glowing nature, I would have assumed that it was just gibberish.

During my shift, I asked around for the most unusual prisoner, and many pointed me to one of the innermost cells. Without any hesitation, I went to check the mysterious person.

His cell was surprisingly clean, like, the rest of the prison was filled with vines and moss. Rats and insects were rampant, and the smell was unbearable. However, this person's cell was as clean as it could be. There was not a single speck of dust to be seen, and the room was decorated as if it was a nobleman's living room. A reddish sofa, two bookshelves, a landscape painting... Even the man dressed neatly as if he was a nobleman from a lost kingdom.

Our conversation was too smooth. The man easily answered all of my questions without any delay. He told me his name was Korluas, but that was the only thing he told me about himself. Any question about his past only ended in him shaking his head and smiled eerily. Sometimes, I felt that something else was watching over our conversation. A strange sense of foreboding remained constant throughout our chat.

When asked about the construction of the prison, the man immediately tried to change the topic, and when asked about the sealed gate, he visibly trembled as his face paled. I could only assume that something inside that gate was too traumatising for him to recall.

Lastly, when asked about the demon cultists, he said that they had always been here. If not for the suppression from the church, this place would have already been overrun by them. The war against them started over a long times ago, but now, everything seemed to evaporate into thin air. To further my inquiry, I tried to get the information about the said church, but he only smiled and said that it was "The Church of the True God of the Primordial Light".

In the end, before I went out, the man called out to be one last time and whispered: "Beware of the falling stars, and do not trust the raising sun.".

I have no idea what he was talking about, and how much can I trust him... Ah, there are even more questions than before.

Last edited:

Bochi

Memo Subject: Goburin

Green-skinned humanoids. Most are rather short in stature and like riches, although differences may be present across regions. They seem fairly capable of intelligent thought, but the ones encountered so far have not impressed anybody yet.

"As smart as kids, but sometimes too scatter-brained to utilize that smartness." --- Vicious

Reference
Somewhere out of the city, on the plains...

Vicious was taking on a trio of goblins.

The first was disabled with a cut to the knee, then finished with a clobber to the skull. The second took a stomp to the ankle, went down, and similarly died from a smashed skull. That's when she felt a dull pain from behind; the last one had stabbed her in the back, but failed to pierce the leather, so it felt more like a poke. Sensing the confusion, Vicious laughed.

"Fool! When you're in my profession, guarding against backstabs is one of the basic steps! You'll need something better than that toy knife if you want to stab through my jacket! Hah!"

Vicious locked knives with the third goblin momentarily...then kicked him in the nether regions. Hard.

"Graaaaaaaaa!"

She then proceeded to finish it off by snapping it's neck.

"Three down, two more. I seem to recall there being a cave nearby. Let's see if I can catch some rabbits."

Vicious observed the entrance while chewing on a rabbit's leg.

"Two sentries. One to ring the alarm, one to delay. Preety good, but not having sniper cover is foolish. You'll die, you know."

Tied to her belt was two vials, both filled with clear yellow fluid. Vicious downed the last of her rabbit, lit a torch, and ran at the entrance. Of course, they spotted her instantly, and one of them howled loudly, alerting the ones inside.

Then two vials sailed past them followed by a torch, and as a flash fire erupted in the cave, both sentries couldn't help turning to see.

"Where are you looking?"

*Crunch*

One ended up head first in the dirt immediately. As the remaining one shook a makeshift spear at her weakly, Vicious smiled.

When the fire had died down sufficiently for goblins to rush out of the cave, the entrance was long empty save for one goblin corpse with it's ears sliced off, and one more which was missing it's entire head. Meanwhile, a smugly grinning girl was counting out 10 ears in the pouch, more than halfway back to the city.

Feathers95

Memo Title: The Slime-Covered Bandit Settlement
Content:
South-east of Scribel City, around six to ten miles away(an hour and a half by foot), lies a bandit settlement that was raided by thousands of slimes in a gigantic horde. It was reported by a bandit that had fled the settlement, that this occurred after slaying hundreds/thousands of slimes from a large slime nest deep in the woods, and being followed back to the bandit settlement.

The latest report on the area(from Vor) stated that:
'Acres of forest and trees were melted into a green mush while the slime continued crawling slowly in every direction. The only thing that stayed of the settlement were undistinguishable runes covered with green mush.

After looking at their movements for two hours from a safe distance, I concluded that the city wasn't their immediate target. In fact, they didn't seem to have a target at all. They just kept spreading in every direction, trying to cover as much land as possible. It seems that they were scouting for something or someone.'

References:
Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 25

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(110 Exp))

Report:

Due to the suspicious activities happening within the city, I chose a less daunting task this time to grind my levels. It seemed that guarding the city at night would be a safe and uneventful endeavor.

I was wrong.

By the middle of the night, a veiled man came screaming at the gates. He was wearing ragged clothes so we assumed that he was a bandit. The other guard nocked their bows while I was chanting my fireball spell. However, his scream for help stopped us dead in our tracks.

Following protocol, we reported to the guard in chief who ordered the opening of the backdoor. We let the man in and he told us the craziest story ever. He said that their leader had found a large slime nest deep in the woods. Knowing how easy slimes were to kill and how valuable were their cores, they decided to farm them for some quick gold.

Throughout the whole day, they kept farming. They killed slimes by the hundreds if not thousands. They knew that they struck it rich. By the end of the day, tired but still very excited, they came back to their settlement and partied for a bit. They drank booze like there was no tomorrow and had fun with the girls. After the party, they just dropped dead on the floor, too tired to even go back to their sleeping rooms.

What they didn't expect was for the slimes that they have been farming for the whole day to follow them back to the settlement. Once the man woke up, Frank was his name, he found his comrades being eaten by the slimes. He whipped out his blade and started slashing at them, but the more he killed the more came. In the end, he just ran away while screaming for the others to wake up. However, everyone was too drunk to do anything.

Once Frank ran away to safety, he looked back at the settlement and was horrified. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of slimes had covered it from every angle. The thing was green. Some parts of the buildings started falling down from the acidity. In the end, he just turned around and ran with all his might towards the city.

We asked him why he, out of all of the bandits, was able to stay sober even after the party. He said that he wasn't feeling too well that night and didn't drink much. His breath confirmed his story.

I'm not sure how much of what he said holds up, but I think that the guild should send a scouting party. A horde of ten thousand slimes like this guy said is gonna be tough to handle for anyone.

PS: The chief guard sent Frank to the city prison for now
Title: Thousands of slimes???? (urgent limited edition quest)
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Investigate if the allegations are true.
  • Assess the damage and the threat.
  • Identify any survivors.
Description:
A recent quest report suggested there may be a colony of thousands of slimes in the Scribel City Area... which overran a settlement. If true, that is a terrifying idea! Investigate the surrounding area for the presence of a large quantity of slimes.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 200
  • Money: 5

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 2)

Report:

As the one who reported the emergency to the guild, I felt compelled to check the veracity of the information. After leveling up, I felt a gush of strength rush through my body. I became faster, stronger, and more importantly, had better control over my mana. I was now able to control the path of my fireballs, ever so slightly. My mana reserves were also slightly bigger.

After stocking up on mana potions which cost me 3 G for a pack of ten, I took the quest and headed for the bandit settlement at dawn. I had already talked with Frank the previous night and got directions from him. He seemed happy with his new home as the guards offered food and safety.

I reached the place Frank directed me to, but frankly, even without direction, I would have known that I did. What I saw was horrifying. Acres of forest and trees were melted into a green mush while the slime continued crawling slowly in every direction. The only thing that stayed of the settlement were undistinguishable runes covered with green mush.

After looking at their movements for two hours from a safe distance, I concluded that the city wasn't their immediate target. In fact, they didn't seem to have a target at all. They just kept spreading in every direction, trying to cover as much land as possible. It seems that they were scouting for something or someone. Either way, this bought us much needed time to prepare.

@Zoey for evaluation
@Yorth
"Say Vor, whereabouts is that ruined settlement that was raided by the slimes? I might go have a look at the place myself."

(ooc: this is to prove its location on the map don't question the randomness xD)
Ah, it's been a month since then. I forgot to mention the place in my report, but it was south-east of the city. It took me around an hour and a half to reach it, so maybe six to ten miles?

Either way, we definitely need to check it again. Such a horde cannot be left unsupervised.

Feathers95

Memo Title: Mutated Slimes
Memo Category: Worldly Phenomenon
Content:
It has been reported through questionable sources that once in a while, a special mutant of slimes is born, which has the ability to control nearby slimes and make them more aggressive.

Update: One such slime has been found leading the slime horde to the South-East of Scribel City. (Report)

Reference:
Quest Report
Name

Report:

Days went by without much happening.
That was until bearded old man covered in ragged clothes came to the outpost. He asked for some bread and wine which I provided. I then showed him to the bath and after that, he slept. When the morning came and he had breakfast, I asked him if he knew anything about the slimes. Surprisingly, he did. The man explained that once in a while, a special mutant of slimes is born. This special mutant has the ability to control nearby slimes and make them more aggressive.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Memo Title: Slimebreak Creek
Content:
Barely a mile north of Scribel City, lies a small branch of Scribel River named Slimebreak Creek. It was reported that goblins could be found on the other side, which was found to be due to a goblin camp that was later razed to the ground by a party of adventurers.

Reference:
Goblin Subjugation
Sponsor
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Exterminate goblins.
  • Collect 5 pairs of goblin ears.
Explanation:
Although goblins are one of the weakest monsters, they can be dangerous in numbers and threaten travelers. It is ill-advised to take on more than a few at once.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 150
  • Money: 3G

EVALUATED BY OHKO

Name
Level: 3 (650 EXP)
Quest: Goblin Subjugation

Quest Report:

After my last attempt at this quest, I took some time off to train and hone my skills. There was no way to express my disappointment at myself after the last failure. To have gotten cold feet, tch, what a disgrace! How am I supposed to lead the elves and exterminate the dragons when I could barely kill small goblins when they were asleep. To top it off, I was so out of it that I even forgot that the quest stated to bring back a pair of ears, not one. Rookie mistake.

This time, I knew better than to go against opponents of a clearly superior level. If it was only the goblins, I could kill dozens of them no problem. But with the riders, it would be hard to kite them. Plus, I have no idea if they were capable of long-range attacks. Either through magic or bows.

With these thoughts in mind, I went back and checked the archives to see if there was any sighting of goblins. I found one. It was a report I appraised myself. Robert went on an exploration trip north of the city and found goblins on the other side of the Slimebreak creek. Seems like they occupied a shelter.

Either way, as long as they don't have riders, it should be a piece of cake. I will just blow the shelter on top of their head and let them die on the crash.

And so I did. The Slimebreak creek was barely a mile north of Scribel city. It didn't take much long to find the occupied shelter. The goblins were just coming back from their hunt. A party of four. They were carrying small foxes and some bunnies. Since I had the element of surprise, I was able to burst one of them using a fireball immediately. I then used gust of wind to mess up with their senses and have them cover their eyes. It bought me much needed time to cast the second fireball.

But that was the end of it. If I tried to cast any more spells, I would be mauled to death before finishing my chant. As such, I ran back into the forest, while the two last goblins called out for help. Two more goblins responded to their call and exited the shelter. They were now hunting for me.

However, while they were searching for me, I laid in ambush. I hid my small frame behind the brushes and waited. The moment they appeared in my line of vision, I conjured a ball of flame and threw it at the nearest goblins. Since I had a bit of distance between us this time, I was able to cast spells continuously. I cast another fireball, but this time, they knew better than to run in a straight line. They started zigzagging.

Poor them. If it was any other noob mage, this strategy would have worked. But after my training, I was now able to direct the path of my spells. Like a homing missile, my fireballs followed the movements of the goblins until they were all down. I unsheathed my trusted knife and cut a pair of ears from each goblin.

Retrieved Items:

6 Pair of goblin ears.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Memo Title: The Razed Goblin Tribe Camp
Content:
Across Slimebreak Creek and partially through the northern woods laid a goblin tribe camp, which was burnt to the ground by a party consisting of Vor, Felicia, Brad(NPC) and Elise(NPC).

References:
Goblin Subjugation
Sponsor
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Exterminate goblins.
  • Collect 5 pairs of goblin ears.
Explanation:
Although goblins are one of the weakest monsters, they can be dangerous in numbers and threaten travelers. It is ill-advised to take on more than a few at once.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 150
  • Money: 3G

EVALUATED BY OHKO

Name
Level: 3 (650 EXP)
Quest: Goblin Subjugation

Quest Report:

After my last attempt at this quest, I took some time off to train and hone my skills. There was no way to express my disappointment at myself after the last failure. To have gotten cold feet, tch, what a disgrace! How am I supposed to lead the elves and exterminate the dragons when I could barely kill small goblins when they were asleep. To top it off, I was so out of it that I even forgot that the quest stated to bring back a pair of ears, not one. Rookie mistake.

This time, I knew better than to go against opponents of a clearly superior level. If it was only the goblins, I could kill dozens of them no problem. But with the riders, it would be hard to kite them. Plus, I have no idea if they were capable of long-range attacks. Either through magic or bows.

With these thoughts in mind, I went back and checked the archives to see if there was any sighting of goblins. I found one. It was a report I appraised myself. Robert went on an exploration trip north of the city and found goblins on the other side of the Slimebreak creek. Seems like they occupied a shelter.

Either way, as long as they don't have riders, it should be a piece of cake. I will just blow the shelter on top of their head and let them die on the crash.

And so I did. The Slimebreak creek was barely a mile north of Scribel city. It didn't take much long to find the occupied shelter. The goblins were just coming back from their hunt. A party of four. They were carrying small foxes and some bunnies. Since I had the element of surprise, I was able to burst one of them using a fireball immediately. I then used gust of wind to mess up with their senses and have them cover their eyes. It bought me much needed time to cast the second fireball.

But that was the end of it. If I tried to cast any more spells, I would be mauled to death before finishing my chant. As such, I ran back into the forest, while the two last goblins called out for help. Two more goblins responded to their call and exited the shelter. They were now hunting for me.

However, while they were searching for me, I laid in ambush. I hid my small frame behind the brushes and waited. The moment they appeared in my line of vision, I conjured a ball of flame and threw it at the nearest goblins. Since I had a bit of distance between us this time, I was able to cast spells continuously. I cast another fireball, but this time, they knew better than to run in a straight line. They started zigzagging.

Poor them. If it was any other noob mage, this strategy would have worked. But after my training, I was now able to direct the path of my spells. Like a homing missile, my fireballs followed the movements of the goblins until they were all down. I unsheathed my trusted knife and cut a pair of ears from each goblin.

Retrieved Items:

6 Pair of goblin ears.
Quest Report (PQ)
Party:
  • Vor Saknave (Level 4) (@Yorth )
  • Felicia El Freliti (Level 4) (@Feathers95 )
  • Brad Ronelis (Level 4) (NPC)
  • Elise Ronelis (Level 4) (NPC)
Quest: Goblin Subjugation (PQ)
Evaluation:
  • Burnt down the goblin tribe camp in the north
  • Retrieved 20 pairs of goblin ears and some of their wares as proof
At the northern gate of Scribel, the goblin subjugation party members slowly arrived and double-checked their equipment before heading off to the north, where the last sighting of a goblin camp was. The party was comprised of Vor, an elven mage, Felicia, a magic swordswoman, Brad, the heavy tank and Elise, the battle cleric. As a group, they made their way through the northern woods, developing their teamwork along the way as they fought a couple of dire wolves, slimes and other monsters.

Before long, the camp arrived in sight. As they crept their way towards their target, they noticed a formidable fence made of logs and many tall watchtowers with goblins in it. The only entrance into the camp was guarded by a pair of armored goblins wielding rusty lances, stolen from who knows where. Since their defenses were quite challenging, the party decided to wait till the night before commencing their attack.

Elise wafted sleep-inducing dust towards the camp, concentrating it towards the guards at the entrance. Whilst Brad silently disposed of the pair of armored goblins who were deeply asleep, Felicia and Vor prepared their attacks on the watchtowers. Felicia sent an arrow, coated in tri-flower poison towards one sleepy watchman’s head whilst Vor threw a fireball at the other. Afterward, against the base of their respective watchtowers, they sent a powerful blast of fire.

As the wooden watchtowers burst into flames and their bases crumbled on impact, the buildings toppled onto the ground, smashing various buildings and spreading the fire all over the camp. As frenzy ensued, guard goblins started rushing out of the gate. Noticing the party which caused their destruction, they rushed forwards wielding their stolen weapons!

Felicia threw ice daggers at the incoming goblin guards, injuring them in the process. Brad, not missing the opportunity, charged at them at full speed with his Warhammer. He made mincemeat out of them. Goblins kept pouring out of the gate to fight the invaders. Noticing the chokepoint, Vor immediately cast a big fireball towards the base of one of the last few watchtowers.

Even after blasting it with such force, the tower only had a small hole in it and didn’t fall. Felicia, understanding Vor’s reasoning immediately helped out as well following his direction. She threw a fireblast in the direction of the hole further enlarging it. As such, the tower fell to the ground crushing the goblins under it. It also blocked the goblins inside from helping those stranded outside.

The party of four didn’t waste such an opportunity. They immediately blasted the goblin guards using a myriad of spells, massacring them in seconds. Elise rejuvenated the party using her skills, making them less fatigued and increasing their mana regen.

Brad proposed to destroy the fallen watchtower so that we could enter the village, but Vor had a better idea. The goblins used mostly wood and hay for their buildings and structure. While that was cheaper, faster, and easier to maintain, those materials also had a major flaw. They were highly flammable.

After his training, Vor was able to perfectly control the path of his fireballs after he threw them. As such, he just kept throwing them at an arc towards the village. Felicia also helped on the side, wielding her fire magic, sending blast after blast in the camp's general direction.

The whole thing quickly caught on fire. Screams resounded everywhere, notifying the party of the success of their plan. Vor kept chugging mana pots while throwing fireballs while the rest of the party killed any goblin that tried to climb up the fences to run away. Those same fences that worked as a deterrent for invaders were now the bars of their cell.

After around half an hour, the whole village was decimated. We thought about bringing back proof from the village, but with the raging fire, that wasn’t really a possibility. We just brought back 20 pairs of ears from the goblins that were outside and some of their wares. Hopefully, those are proof enough.

Feathers95

Memo Title: The Lizardmen Settlements
Content:
Southern Lizardmen Settlement
There have been reports of a lizardmen settlement across the lake in the swamp region South of Scribel City. Their village is fenced off and seems to thrive through hunting fish. The lizardmen themselves appear to have green/brown skin and a crocodile-like jaw.

South-Eastern Lizardmen Settlement
South-East of Scribel City(two days away on foot) lies another slightly different lizardmen settlement. It has been reported that they have crude hut-like housing, are covered in traps and have cages full of humans, due to reportedly enjoying eating human meat. The skin of these particular lizardmen is purply-blue in colour and tough as leather. Their legs are reported to be strong. It was also said that the meat of these lizardmen's legs and their skin can be eaten and tastes like chicken...

References:
After I travelled the south for 2 days, I came across the swamp region and found some yellow trees. It seems these trees are not fully grown, they might start to grow when the swamp spread out. There are a lot of crabs, crayfish, and reptiles around here mostly normal size with the exception of a giant serpent I saw during the night. The swamp gets really foggy in the night and morning so be careful when camping there.

I found that most of the reptiles I saw do not use venom but either shred the prey apart or shallow it whole. Some of them got really interesting ability though, like shotting stream of water or shred skin to escape. I fought few creatures in the swamp, serpents' scales are pretty slippery while lizards got spiky and hard scales. I haven't fought crocodiles when I was there because my gut tells me to leave them alone for now.

Then I found a large lake nearly the size Scribel when I got out of the swamp, this probably where the other adventurer came here or another water source since I haven't go to the east or west yet. Across the lake, I spotted a structure like a fence and humanoid creatures with green or brown skin and crocodile-like jaw catch some fish from the lake, I assumed that those are lizardman. Since they may be hostile to us, I decided to not interrupt them and head back to town.
Character: Omni (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 0)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting

Hey hey. I am here to submit my quest report for the mission: [Exploration and Scouting].

Th-the quest description... I have it right here… Uwa the... paper is covered in…
ah~AH~its hard to read…
Hm?
Oh, don’t worry about the black stuff, it is just some of my blood…
There... there! You see written right there EX...PLOR...Aaaa ERrr.. yeah... it's all there... the description…

Anyway! There seem to be a bunch of big lizards that walk on two legs south... east-ish of there! About... two days walk? I think. Yeah, somewhere around there, don't sweat the small stuff! And I don’t know what kind of creatures they are either... BUT! They live in huts and got cages full of humans! Or a few humans...

Disgusting!!! Unlike me, they hunt and eat humans! And unlike me, they find human meat delicious and gets hungry just thinking about it! How gross! *Licks lips and swallows*

OH! And there are traps all around these walking lizards’ village! But don’t worry I disarmed a lot of them… by setting them off... by walking into them.

What? What do you mean my arm is missing…. OH MY GOD! My arm is gone!!!
Well…It will grow back… I think… It will..., right? Grow back? Will it grow back?
….

ERm… anyway, I managed to capture one of the lizards, when a group of them were on their way back to the village! I sneaked up made a strange noise and when the lizard went to investigate and I kidna-

I-I subjugated it, So I can tell ya all about their physiology. If you are thinking about hunting them down, that is.

SO… their skin is purply blue and as tough as leather, but if you put it in a vat of oil and deep fry it, it gets all crispy and goes very well with some beer.

They have really strong legs, and... it tastes a lot like chicken, so a stirfry with scallion would make a really good meal. The breast part... well... is a bit stringy but if you throw it in a pot and slow cook it for.... five to eight hours, it will as tender as a puppy’s-

*cough*

Metaphoric speaking, of course, I have never... I would never eat puppies…

And here is the proof, a lump of lizard mea-

*quickly hides bloody lump of meat*

I mean... here is a necklace of the lizard person.

There you go!

Anyway, I hope this helps!

MoneymoneymoneyMONEY~~~MONEY~♫

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Memo Title: MUPs
Memo Category: Item type
Content: MUPs (Full form: Modular Undead Prosthetics) are processed organs that an undead can attach to themselves and use it like their own body parts. They can range from fingers to full blown carapaces.

References:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Memo Title: Undead Tours
Memo Category: Events
Content: Undead Tours are a mix of travelling carnivals of undeads and undead merchants. They have attractions like skeleton dancers, Zombie musicians and food eating contests. The mervhants sell food, jewellery, tombs, blood vials, MUPs etc. They usually last about a month before moving on to a different place. Despite what certain people believe, they are friendly to non-undeads, as long as the person can prove they are not their to murder the undeads. It tends to be easy to do so if you are accompanied by an undead yourself.

References:

Bochi

Memo Subject: Drapnir
Memo Category: Beasts

A type of beast used in the transportation of goods. Much larger than the average horse or oxen, it moves about on all fours but can also walk or run on two legs if it deems it necessary. An intelligent being.

Despite their ability to haul great loads quickly, as well as being more than powerful enough to fend off regular bandits, most merchants don't use Drapnir; buying one is expensive enough, not to mention upkeeping costs.

Because they descend from dragons, drapnirs share their draconic cousins' reptilian features and a part of their monstrous strength, but cannot fly nor breathe fire(or ice, or thunder, or any other element.)

References
Oi, really. This place never goes a day without someone vanishing or getting killed by cultists, does it? I'll take a gander, on it, maybe there's still enough time.

Snatching the paper off the quest board, the adventurer ran off.

Now, Vicious' tracking skills had never been the best; dubious at worst. She used to be able to track down people hiding in the most unlikeliest of spots for...business. Still could, but for some reason there was an irritating urge to go off course. She ended up wasting precious minutes going off track and steering herself back.

Thankfully, the abductors were about as careful as rhinos, leaving rather obvious markings to where they were headed. Despite the delay, Vicious made such good time that she nearly ran into the back of the group. Stifling a gasp and ducking behind a tree, she looked on as the rather unfamiliar convoy continued onwards. Especially towards the beast that was carrying a cage on it's back with the abducted girl inside.

That's a Drapnir! Why do they have one of these?! The cost of getting one is practically astronomical...no, there's no way. Their equipment look shabby even from a distance, so...backing? Someone rich is backing these guys? Ugh, last thing I need on a morning.

As she looked at the convoy, Vicious weighted her options. She could attempt a rescue now, or wait until they've reached their base before attempting subterfuge. Honestly speaking, it would be more likely for her to get the victim out if she acted now. The two guards weren't the problem.

The problem was the Drapnir. Like it or not, the thing was hulking and moved on all fours, but could stand and fight on two legs if needed. Think crocodile, but with longer limbs and a more draconian snout---courtesy of their dragon ancestors. It was also actually smart. That made it a little difficult to risk a rescue.

I can see some kind of collar around it's neck, and if I'm not mistaken, that's the same kind of collar seen on slaves. Perhaps I can make use of that...

The path led up the mountain, then into a naturally formed cavern. The men unloaded their captive, left the Drapnir at the entrance, and headed in.

Here goes nothing.

Slowly inching her way towards the beast, which was starting to settle in for a nap, Vicious attempted to stay as quiet as she possibly could. She'd gotten within two metres when the thing opened one eye---and stared right at her.

Oh, f***. Act natural! Act like you belong here!

Trying her absolute best to avoid acknowledging the stiffness in her legs, Vicious walked right up to the beast, who was still staring at her.

Nice and easy, big boy. Nice...and easy...

Slowly, she reached out to touch the face, and when the beast did not object, she slowly moved her hand to it's neck.

*Click*

The collar fell off and landed on the ground with a soft thud. The Drapnir shook it's head, satisfied, before using it's snout to nudge her. It was like a big dog.

"That...nearly gave me a heart attack. Hey, big boy. Could I ask for a favour? I need a diversion to rescue the---"

*Eeeeeeeei!*

Huh?

The Drapnir had already gone inside even before she had finished talking, and judging by the screaming, it must have had quite the bone to pick with it's former masters.

Well, that's one hell of a diversion.

It took a while to find the room the captive was being held in. The ominous chanting and spooky red glowing helped quite a bit.

I swear, it this is yet another ritual going on...

As she entered the room, much to her regret, it was as she expected. At the other end was some kind of altar with the abducted girl, and standing over her was a cultist holding up a knife.

*BOOM!*

The barrel smoked as her last round splattered the cultist's brains all over the wall. Vicious kept an eye out for more as she rushed over to the girl, but no others came rushing in.

Perhaps they're busying dying at the hands of the big boy...oh no.

She wasted no time wrapping the girl's entire abdomen in bandage, before scooping her up and making a run for the exit. The Drapnir looked up as she passed, casually treading a man's head into the dirt.

"Big boy! Can you run? The girl needs to get a city doctor, and fast! Please!"